[youtube]t5PySbFS6Tg[/youtube]
The Gathering
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
The Gathering
Post your favourite Gathering-tunes 
[youtube]t5PySbFS6Tg[/youtube]
[youtube]t5PySbFS6Tg[/youtube]
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: The Gathering
[youtube]hGc28ZMQEh8[/youtube]
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: The Gathering
This album is so fucking awesome 
What do you think of their acoustic album?
It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.
now THAT would rule
What do you think of their acoustic album?
It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.
now THAT would rule
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: The Gathering
only one i know is the mandylion album really
i'm more of a fan of the older lacuna coil stuff even though i rarely listen these days
i'm more of a fan of the older lacuna coil stuff even though i rarely listen these days
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: The Gathering
[quote name="Spirits of the Deep Waters"]This album is so fucking awesome 
What do you think of their acoustic album?
It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.
now THAT would rule[/quote]
That quote is from several years ago: it should've already been done. She did guest appearences on Napalm Death and Moonspell as well as toured with them.
Although I love Anneke, she's adorable as fuck, there was only one The Gathering an it's NOT with her.
[youtube]wjdA3vC0HyQ[/youtube]
[youtube]qSPAlwitJLE[/youtube]
[youtube]VNV3zgC6dKY[/youtube]
What do you think of their acoustic album?
It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.
now THAT would rule[/quote]
That quote is from several years ago: it should've already been done. She did guest appearences on Napalm Death and Moonspell as well as toured with them.
Although I love Anneke, she's adorable as fuck, there was only one The Gathering an it's NOT with her.
[youtube]wjdA3vC0HyQ[/youtube]
[youtube]qSPAlwitJLE[/youtube]
[youtube]VNV3zgC6dKY[/youtube]
- Aaron
- Member
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 12:31
Re: The Gathering
Jesus, I feel like the only one that actually like their later stuff a hell a l0t more.
[youtube]HdHNOY32pfA[/youtube]
[youtube]oNYg2iTEhmA[/youtube]
[youtube]D99vLgI2QeM[/youtube]
[youtube]-k5Yl_ixx1o[/youtube]
[youtube]nMvbNuMT8t8[/youtube]
By all means, I'm a fan of their earlier stuff, It's just that I prefer their non-metal stuff. Keep in mind that they ARE my favourite band along with Devin Townsend. They have been for a very long time now, and it's not going to change.
[youtube]HdHNOY32pfA[/youtube]
[youtube]oNYg2iTEhmA[/youtube]
[youtube]D99vLgI2QeM[/youtube]
[youtube]-k5Yl_ixx1o[/youtube]
[youtube]nMvbNuMT8t8[/youtube]
By all means, I'm a fan of their earlier stuff, It's just that I prefer their non-metal stuff. Keep in mind that they ARE my favourite band along with Devin Townsend. They have been for a very long time now, and it's not going to change.

- PrismAndGate
- Member
- Posts: 343
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
- Location: Massachusetts
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: The Gathering
I keep meaning to check this band out and keep sarding. I watched that first video, though, and think this band may be the large part of my autumn listening this year. 
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: The Gathering
[quote name=";,,;"]I keep meaning to check this band out and keep sarding. I watched that first video, though, and think this band may be the large part of my autumn listening this year.
[/quote]
Great that you found out on some new stuff. The Gathering is perfect music for autumn! I don't really like the 2 first albums, I'm a fan of Anneke
Great that you found out on some new stuff. The Gathering is perfect music for autumn! I don't really like the 2 first albums, I'm a fan of Anneke
- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
- Aaron
- Member
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 12:31
Re: The Gathering
[quote name="M.Bison"]Souvenirs is their peak imo
[/quote]
totally agreed, one of my all-time favourite albums
totally agreed, one of my all-time favourite albums

- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: The Gathering
Mandylion, How to Measure a Planet and Nighttime Birds 
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59380
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: The Gathering
I don't jam this band
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: The Gathering
The songs from the first two albums were much better after being redone for the Anneke fronted band. The gulf is most glaring with songs from the second album.
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: The Gathering
[quote name="Nick"]I don't jam this band[/quote]
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: The Gathering
The Always reunion gig last Sunday and it was legendary!!
[youtube]F6FlaXPqXe8[/youtube]
[youtube]AEujD-oRvGo[/youtube]
[youtube]5sDfrVFe6Qs[/youtube]
[youtube]Pm6vVXtXJBg[/youtube]
[youtube]F6FlaXPqXe8[/youtube]
[youtube]AEujD-oRvGo[/youtube]
[youtube]5sDfrVFe6Qs[/youtube]
[youtube]Pm6vVXtXJBg[/youtube]
- Teresa
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1172
- Joined: 21 Apr 2009, 13:51
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: The Gathering
People came to the Den Bosch gig from abroad: Mexico, Venzuala and Peru!
The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!
15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen
16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets
22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn
23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets
Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!
And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)
[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]
The Gathering "King For A Day "
[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]
In everyone hides a king for a day
Nature's actors, in tragedies we play
But deep bows the head that bears the crown
For the weight of might can always pull us down
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Everyone has his own dragons to slay
Look in her eyes, never turn away
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Every treasure you find
And every road you take
Has it's opposite side
Sacrifices to make
Dream on...
Sleep on...
Time is my only fear
An enemy of sand
My dreams are old
A new king will rise
The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:
Subzero:
[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube]
The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!
15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen
16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets
22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn
23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets
Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!
And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)
[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]
The Gathering "King For A Day "
[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]
In everyone hides a king for a day
Nature's actors, in tragedies we play
But deep bows the head that bears the crown
For the weight of might can always pull us down
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Everyone has his own dragons to slay
Look in her eyes, never turn away
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Every treasure you find
And every road you take
Has it's opposite side
Sacrifices to make
Dream on...
Sleep on...
Time is my only fear
An enemy of sand
My dreams are old
A new king will rise
The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:
Subzero:
[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube]
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: The Gathering
[quote name="PrismAndGate"][youtube]cfIUhR875as[/youtube]
[/quote]

- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: The Gathering
Hmm big name for the Simplon 
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: The Gathering
[quote name="Ninny"]Hmm big name for the Simplon
[/quote]
Go chec them if you can
I'll be checking them in Utrecht & Apeldoorn.
Go chec them if you can
I'll be checking them in Utrecht & Apeldoorn.
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
- Aaron
- Member
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 12:31
Re: The Gathering
[quote name="Mutilator"]People came to the Den Bosch gig from abroad: Mexico, Venzuala and Peru!
The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!
15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen
16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets
22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn
23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets
Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!
And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)
[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]
The Gathering "King For A Day "
[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]
In everyone hides a king for a day
Nature's actors, in tragedies we play
But deep bows the head that bears the crown
For the weight of might can always pull us down
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Everyone has his own dragons to slay
Look in her eyes, never turn away
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Every treasure you find
And every road you take
Has it's opposite side
Sacrifices to make
Dream on...
Sleep on...
Time is my only fear
An enemy of sand
My dreams are old
A new king will rise
The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:
Subzero:
[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube][/quote]
Well if I had a bunch of money and a visa, I would proudly go to one of these. I'm glad that they reunited with the original line-up. Especially seeing Jelmer again.
The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!
15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen
16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets
22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn
23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets
Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!
And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)
[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]
The Gathering "King For A Day "
[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]
In everyone hides a king for a day
Nature's actors, in tragedies we play
But deep bows the head that bears the crown
For the weight of might can always pull us down
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Everyone has his own dragons to slay
Look in her eyes, never turn away
Soon my reign will end
I, a king without hands
Soon this day will end
As my tears descend
Every treasure you find
And every road you take
Has it's opposite side
Sacrifices to make
Dream on...
Sleep on...
Time is my only fear
An enemy of sand
My dreams are old
A new king will rise
The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:
Subzero:
[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube][/quote]
Well if I had a bunch of money and a visa, I would proudly go to one of these. I'm glad that they reunited with the original line-up. Especially seeing Jelmer again.

