The Gathering

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

The Gathering

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Post your favourite Gathering-tunes :xx:

[youtube]t5PySbFS6Tg[/youtube]
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: The Gathering

Post by rhino »

[youtube]hGc28ZMQEh8[/youtube]
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: The Gathering

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

This album is so fucking awesome :xx:



What do you think of their acoustic album?

It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.





now THAT would rule
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: The Gathering

Post by rhino »

only one i know is the mandylion album really





i'm more of a fan of the older lacuna coil stuff even though i rarely listen these days
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: The Gathering

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Spirits of the Deep Waters"]This album is so fucking awesome :xx:



What do you think of their acoustic album?

It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.





now THAT would rule[/quote]



That quote is from several years ago: it should've already been done. She did guest appearences on Napalm Death and Moonspell as well as toured with them.



Although I love Anneke, she's adorable as fuck, there was only one The Gathering an it's NOT with her.



[youtube]wjdA3vC0HyQ[/youtube]



[youtube]qSPAlwitJLE[/youtube]



[youtube]VNV3zgC6dKY[/youtube]
User avatar
Aaron
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 12:31

Re: The Gathering

Post by Aaron »

Jesus, I feel like the only one that actually like their later stuff a hell a l0t more.

[youtube]HdHNOY32pfA[/youtube]

[youtube]oNYg2iTEhmA[/youtube]

[youtube]D99vLgI2QeM[/youtube]

[youtube]-k5Yl_ixx1o[/youtube]

[youtube]nMvbNuMT8t8[/youtube]



By all means, I'm a fan of their earlier stuff, It's just that I prefer their non-metal stuff. Keep in mind that they ARE my favourite band along with Devin Townsend. They have been for a very long time now, and it's not going to change.
Image
User avatar
PrismAndGate
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
Location: Massachusetts

Re: The Gathering

Post by PrismAndGate »

[youtube]cfIUhR875as[/youtube] :santa:
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: The Gathering

Post by Abzu »

I keep meaning to check this band out and keep sarding. I watched that first video, though, and think this band may be the large part of my autumn listening this year. :xx:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: The Gathering

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name=";,,;"]I keep meaning to check this band out and keep sarding. I watched that first video, though, and think this band may be the large part of my autumn listening this year. :xx:[/quote]



Great that you found out on some new stuff. The Gathering is perfect music for autumn! I don't really like the 2 first albums, I'm a fan of Anneke
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: The Gathering

Post by M.Bison »

Souvenirs is their peak imo :santa:
Image
User avatar
Aaron
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 12:31

Re: The Gathering

Post by Aaron »

[quote name="M.Bison"]Souvenirs is their peak imo :santa:[/quote]

totally agreed, one of my all-time favourite albums
Image
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: The Gathering

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Mandylion, How to Measure a Planet and Nighttime Birds :idea:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59380
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: The Gathering

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I don't jam this band
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: The Gathering

Post by agony bagony »

[youtube]Mw6ZFq0BVtE[/youtube]
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: The Gathering

Post by Meat Engine »

The songs from the first two albums were much better after being redone for the Anneke fronted band. The gulf is most glaring with songs from the second album.
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: The Gathering

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="Nick"]I don't jam this band[/quote]
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: The Gathering

Post by Mutilator »

The Always reunion gig last Sunday and it was legendary!!



[youtube]F6FlaXPqXe8[/youtube]



[youtube]AEujD-oRvGo[/youtube]



[youtube]5sDfrVFe6Qs[/youtube]



[youtube]Pm6vVXtXJBg[/youtube]
User avatar
Teresa
Ancient One
Posts: 1172
Joined: 21 Apr 2009, 13:51

Re: The Gathering

Post by Teresa »

On Most Surfaces, especially the live version.
why you wanna trip on me
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: The Gathering

Post by Mutilator »

People came to the Den Bosch gig from abroad: Mexico, Venzuala and Peru!



The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!



15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen



16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets



22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn



23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets



Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!



And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)



[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]



The Gathering "King For A Day "



[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]



In everyone hides a king for a day

Nature's actors, in tragedies we play

But deep bows the head that bears the crown

For the weight of might can always pull us down



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Everyone has his own dragons to slay

Look in her eyes, never turn away



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Every treasure you find

And every road you take

Has it's opposite side

Sacrifices to make



Dream on...

Sleep on...



Time is my only fear

An enemy of sand

My dreams are old

A new king will rise



The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:



Subzero:

[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube]
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: The Gathering

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="PrismAndGate"][youtube]cfIUhR875as[/youtube] :santa:[/quote]



:idea: :bang:
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: The Gathering

Post by Ninny »

Hmm big name for the Simplon :santa:
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: The Gathering

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Ninny"]Hmm big name for the Simplon :santa:[/quote]



Go chec them if you can :xx:



I'll be checking them in Utrecht & Apeldoorn.
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: The Gathering

Post by Ninny »

:santa:
User avatar
Aaron
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 12:31

Re: The Gathering

Post by Aaron »

[quote name="Mutilator"]People came to the Den Bosch gig from abroad: Mexico, Venzuala and Peru!



The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!



15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen



16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets



22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn



23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets



Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!



And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)



[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]



The Gathering "King For A Day "



[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]



In everyone hides a king for a day

Nature's actors, in tragedies we play

But deep bows the head that bears the crown

For the weight of might can always pull us down



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Everyone has his own dragons to slay

Look in her eyes, never turn away



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Every treasure you find

And every road you take

Has it's opposite side

Sacrifices to make



Dream on...

Sleep on...



Time is my only fear

An enemy of sand

My dreams are old

A new king will rise



The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:



Subzero:

[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube][/quote]



Well if I had a bunch of money and a visa, I would proudly go to one of these. I'm glad that they reunited with the original line-up. Especially seeing Jelmer again.
Image
Post Reply