Page 1 of 1

The Gathering

Posted: 14 Aug 2011, 19:53
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Post your favourite Gathering-tunes :xx:

[youtube]t5PySbFS6Tg[/youtube]

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 14 Aug 2011, 20:02
by rhino
[youtube]hGc28ZMQEh8[/youtube]

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 14 Aug 2011, 20:07
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
This album is so fucking awesome :xx:



What do you think of their acoustic album?

It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.





now THAT would rule

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 14 Aug 2011, 20:16
by rhino
only one i know is the mandylion album really





i'm more of a fan of the older lacuna coil stuff even though i rarely listen these days

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 14 Aug 2011, 20:52
by Mutilator
[quote name="Spirits of the Deep Waters"]This album is so fucking awesome :xx:



What do you think of their acoustic album?

It’s awesome. I wanna do a project with Anneke; I’ve been talking to her trying to get something worked out. I think somewhere in the future there’s gonna be a Trey and Anneke record. I don’t know what’s that gonna be called. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be other thing. This is going to be something different. It’s definitely going to be epic.





now THAT would rule[/quote]



That quote is from several years ago: it should've already been done. She did guest appearences on Napalm Death and Moonspell as well as toured with them.



Although I love Anneke, she's adorable as fuck, there was only one The Gathering an it's NOT with her.



[youtube]wjdA3vC0HyQ[/youtube]



[youtube]qSPAlwitJLE[/youtube]



[youtube]VNV3zgC6dKY[/youtube]

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 14 Aug 2011, 21:16
by Aaron
Jesus, I feel like the only one that actually like their later stuff a hell a l0t more.

[youtube]HdHNOY32pfA[/youtube]

[youtube]oNYg2iTEhmA[/youtube]

[youtube]D99vLgI2QeM[/youtube]

[youtube]-k5Yl_ixx1o[/youtube]

[youtube]nMvbNuMT8t8[/youtube]



By all means, I'm a fan of their earlier stuff, It's just that I prefer their non-metal stuff. Keep in mind that they ARE my favourite band along with Devin Townsend. They have been for a very long time now, and it's not going to change.

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 15 Aug 2011, 00:25
by PrismAndGate
[youtube]cfIUhR875as[/youtube] :santa:

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 15 Aug 2011, 00:32
by Abzu
I keep meaning to check this band out and keep sarding. I watched that first video, though, and think this band may be the large part of my autumn listening this year. :xx:

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 15 Aug 2011, 03:13
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name=";,,;"]I keep meaning to check this band out and keep sarding. I watched that first video, though, and think this band may be the large part of my autumn listening this year. :xx:[/quote]



Great that you found out on some new stuff. The Gathering is perfect music for autumn! I don't really like the 2 first albums, I'm a fan of Anneke

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 15 Aug 2011, 05:30
by M.Bison
Souvenirs is their peak imo :santa:

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 15 Aug 2011, 05:46
by Aaron
[quote name="M.Bison"]Souvenirs is their peak imo :santa:[/quote]

totally agreed, one of my all-time favourite albums

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 16 Aug 2011, 02:53
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Mandylion, How to Measure a Planet and Nighttime Birds :idea:

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 16 Aug 2011, 03:11
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I don't jam this band

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 16 Aug 2011, 03:21
by agony bagony
[youtube]Mw6ZFq0BVtE[/youtube]

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 16 Aug 2011, 07:16
by Meat Engine
The songs from the first two albums were much better after being redone for the Anneke fronted band. The gulf is most glaring with songs from the second album.

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 16 Aug 2011, 22:28
by Ninny
[quote name="Nick"]I don't jam this band[/quote]

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 05:40
by Mutilator
The Always reunion gig last Sunday and it was legendary!!



[youtube]F6FlaXPqXe8[/youtube]



[youtube]AEujD-oRvGo[/youtube]



[youtube]5sDfrVFe6Qs[/youtube]



[youtube]Pm6vVXtXJBg[/youtube]

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 11:30
by Teresa
On Most Surfaces, especially the live version.

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 12 May 2012, 11:21
by Mutilator
People came to the Den Bosch gig from abroad: Mexico, Venzuala and Peru!



The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!



15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen



16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets



22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn



23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets



Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!



And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)



[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]



The Gathering "King For A Day "



[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]



In everyone hides a king for a day

Nature's actors, in tragedies we play

But deep bows the head that bears the crown

For the weight of might can always pull us down



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Everyone has his own dragons to slay

Look in her eyes, never turn away



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Every treasure you find

And every road you take

Has it's opposite side

Sacrifices to make



Dream on...

Sleep on...



Time is my only fear

An enemy of sand

My dreams are old

A new king will rise



The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:



Subzero:

[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube]

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 12 May 2012, 12:27
by shadowalk
[quote name="PrismAndGate"][youtube]cfIUhR875as[/youtube] :santa:[/quote]



:idea: :bang:

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 12 May 2012, 14:31
by Ninny
Hmm big name for the Simplon :santa:

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 12 May 2012, 19:28
by Mutilator
[quote name="Ninny"]Hmm big name for the Simplon :santa:[/quote]



Go chec them if you can :xx:



I'll be checking them in Utrecht & Apeldoorn.

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 12 May 2012, 21:49
by Ninny
:santa:

Re: The Gathering

Posted: 14 May 2012, 11:16
by Aaron
[quote name="Mutilator"]People came to the Den Bosch gig from abroad: Mexico, Venzuala and Peru!



The current summer gigs are legendary!!!!



15-09-2012 Simplon – Groningen



16-09-2012 Tivoli de Helling – Utrecht tickets



22-09-2012 Gigant – Apeldoorn



23-09-2012 Patronaat (kleine zaal) – Haarlem tickets



Don't miss out this great opportunity!!!



And check out the great poetic lyrics (I used these for school)



[youtube]cB_sKrYnt4I[/youtube]



The Gathering "King For A Day "



[Stories about unicorns and dragons are just fairytales, so we're told. But don't we all have our personal dragons? Fantasy is a world not far from reality.]



In everyone hides a king for a day

Nature's actors, in tragedies we play

But deep bows the head that bears the crown

For the weight of might can always pull us down



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Everyone has his own dragons to slay

Look in her eyes, never turn away



Soon my reign will end

I, a king without hands

Soon this day will end

As my tears descend



Every treasure you find

And every road you take

Has it's opposite side

Sacrifices to make



Dream on...

Sleep on...



Time is my only fear

An enemy of sand

My dreams are old

A new king will rise



The same goes for this awesome song with fantastic poetic lyrics:



Subzero:

[youtube]AzTr476Nva0[/youtube][/quote]



Well if I had a bunch of money and a visa, I would proudly go to one of these. I'm glad that they reunited with the original line-up. Especially seeing Jelmer again.