Page 1 of 1

Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 26 Aug 2011, 05:14
by Anjel
[youtube]WD1GvVauGhA[/youtube]



Sounds awesome. Really looking forward to this. Erlend is an incredible bassist, Bryssling's songwriting is top notch as well. :gay: :thingy: :thingy: :fonz:

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 26 Aug 2011, 05:42
by PrismAndGate
Sounds great. And yeah, any time I want to feel really shitty about my bass playing I go and watch one of Erlend's videos.

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 01:17
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Cool, I hope this new stuff won't be so much Necrophagist as I belive it will. What bands has this duder been envolved with?

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 01:26
by PrismAndGate
I know he played on the last Deeds of Flesh album, which was quite :xx:

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 01:27
by Anjel
Maze: Erlend doesn't actually write any of the music, he just creates basslines and tracks them, Bryssling and Röndum are still the ones doing most of the music-writing and arranging.

And a whole bunch of a deathmetal band, he is basically a hired gun, but I'm sure he does the SoP because he is a fan of the band. Yeah, he have played/recorded with bands such as: Deeds of Flesh, Blood Red Throne, The Allseeing I, Vile, Emeth, etc.

The only thing that might sound like Necrophagist are the solos since it's the same hard-on bearer doing them in Necrophagist sometime.

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 05:47
by droidspawn
sard

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 11:17
by Mesarthim
:shake: no sarding allowed.

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 11:25
by droidspawn
i already did it though :krinor:

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 12:49
by Mr. P
Well that was some interesting fret board masturbation indeed.

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 19:41
by Hugo.
Is chalky still on board with this or what?

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 27 Aug 2011, 21:25
by Anjel
No, they have Röndum doing the vocals again.

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Posted: 29 Aug 2011, 09:02
by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Image