Page 1 of 1

Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 03:34
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
Norwegian progressive/psychedelic black metal band ENSLAVED will be returning to North America this fall for a headlining tour marking the band’s 20th anniversary of existence.



States the band:



“Listen; the sun is setting, but I still see the twinkle! The support we’ve been getting from North America throughout our latest releases and tours is unparalleled, and for that we are eternally grateful. It is therefore an undivided pleasure for us to announce that when autumn sets, we will be back to tour the U.S. and Canada; this time for a full headliner tour with a full headliner set. 2011 marks the 20th anniversary for ENSLAVED, so we will be underlining both the deep past and blazing present of our musical universe to celebrate. It is also with a sense of intense pride that we can present the bands that will be travelling with us for the tour: Ghost and Alcest. Yes, you read that right! I don’t think I need to elaborate more on that; it will be a package for the books. See you then!”



The confirmed 19 shows of the “20 Years Of No Compromises” tour are as follows:



09/23/11 Jaxx – W. Springfield, VA

09/24/11 Mr. Small’s Theatre - Millvale, PA

09/25/11 The Gramercy Theatre – New York, NY

09/26/11 The Middle East - Cambridge, MA

09/28/11 Impérial - Quebec City, QC – CANADA

09/29/11 Cafe Campus - Montreal, QC – CANADA

09/30/11 The Opera House - Toronto, ON - CANADA

10/01/11 Outland Live – Columbus, OH

10/02/11 The Bottom Lounge – the official city of the chicago cubs, IL

10/03/11 Station 4 – St. Paul, MN

10/05/11 West End Cultural Centre – Winnipeg, MB – CANADA

10/06/11 The Exchange – Regina, SK – CANADA

10/07/11 The Starlite Room – Edmonton, AB – CANADA

10/08/11 Dickens - Calgary, AB – CANADA

10/10/11 Rickshaw Theatre - Vancouver, BC - CANADA

10/11/11 El Corazon – Seattle, WA

10/12/11 Hawthorne Theatre – Portland, OR

10/13/11 Slim's - San Francisco, CA

10/14/11 The Troubadour - Hollywood, CA

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 03:46
by rhino
i may be going to this....killer line up

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 04:29
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I'll be passing on this as the jaxx show is on mine birthday

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 05:31
by droidspawn
I want to go to this :tear:

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 05:32
by jawn galliano
damn, wish it wasn't coming up so soon. i'd like to go, but there's pretty much no way i'll be able to scrounge up enough cash for this :oldryan:

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 05:57
by Mesarthim
now why did this get no replies when I posted it 2 fucking months ago. :huh:



<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11371">viewto ... t=11371</a><!-- l -->

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 05:57
by Mesarthim
also, I would love to see this tour but it is absolutely nowhere near me. gotta love these tours that ignore half of the country.

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 06:35
by jawn galliano
so basically all of them in the last few years? :redneck:

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 08:50
by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
no denver date :shakefist: :waa:

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 09:51
by Mesarthim
[quote name="Derek Waters"]so basically all of them in the last few years? :redneck:[/quote]





nah. worst comes to worst, there is usually an Atlanta date which is doable as its only a 5 hour drive from here. but more often than not the southeast gets fucked. I don't get it. whenever I go to shows, especially in the larger cities like Atlanta attendance is usually more than half or close to venue capacity (the Masquerade in Atlanta can hold 1500 and rarely has that empty feeling....). like I said, I don't get it. metal is well received in the southeast, but most tours, especially the euro bands basically say "meh - fuck it"

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 11:36
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
closest date is gramercy and I don't think my car can make a 130mi drive in each direction.

Re: Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost - North American Tour

Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 21:28
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]i may be going to this....killer line up[/quote]