Page 1 of 1

Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 03:06
by vO)))id
Only this time at Sonic Ranch studios

:greenie:



Cannibal Corpse Enter Studio with Producer Erik Rutan



We’ve just received word that death metal lifers Cannibal Corpse have begun recording their twelfth studio album at Sonic Ranch studios in Texas with producer Erik Rutan. The new full-length will be the follow-up to 2009′s Evisceration Plague.



“After having spent the past 7 months writing and rehearsing new material, we’re very excited to finally begin recording,” says bassist Alex Webster. “We’ve had great success working with Erik Rutan on our past two albums so we’ve decided to work with him again, but to keep things fresh we decided on a change of location – we’re returning to Sonic Ranch studios in Texas, where we’ve recorded several albums in the past. We are psyched to see how this combination works out- we feel it’s pairing that could result in our best album yet.”



“I am super excited to work with Cannibal Corpse for our 3rd album together,” says Rutan, who worked with Cannibal Corpse on both Kill (2006) and Evisceration Plague. “We are determined to make the best album we possibly can. Everyone is very focused and the new material is awesome. There is a great blend of classic, old school CC with a newer, more heavy, dynamic and aggressive approach. I look forward to the challenge of making one heavy as hell record!”



We’re told that more details on the album, including art, songs and title, will be revealed in the next few months.

<!-- m -->http://www.revolvermag.com/metal-kult<!-- m -->

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 03:24
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 03:33
by vO)))id
I loved Evisceration :xx:

But I think Wretched Spawn still gets more plays, that album is super groovy!

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 03:36
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I don't listen to any of those

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 03:56
by PrismAndGate
I really enjoyed Kill. Evisceration didn't really hit me the same way though.

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 09:52
by Abzu
Evisceration Plague :xx: :xx: :xx:



I look forward to this new one. :idea:

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 18:31
by shadowalk
Gooo Vahmpy! Personally, I loved the production on Kill and I thought that was their best sounding record ever in terms of production. I know you can make another kickass sounding Cannibal record. You can do it! :redneck: :xx:

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 23:15
by Syysysyd
[quote name="Nick"]Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh[/quote]

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 13 Sep 2011, 00:06
by SCUNT
barnes era >

Re: Cannibal back into the studio with Rutan!

Posted: 13 Sep 2011, 02:49
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Syysysyd"]
[quote name="Nick"]Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh[/quote][/quote]