Page 1 of 1

Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 17:11
by Lavabug
HERP DE DERP NO SUCH THING yeah if you're not gonna contribute gtfo.



I've got a renewed interest in metal in particular modern stuff. I've only watched a few sample videos of bands like the faceless, abysmal dawn, fleshgod apocalypse, and obscura (yes) to name a few and I like what I'm hearing. I'm not expecting something incredibly original, just well-composed and listenable stuff, at least enough to listen to a whole album in one sitting without getting bored. What are the better albums from these bands? Or any bands on par with that kind of sound?

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 17:12
by TamPron
i saw mistake. :occifer:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 17:20
by Lavabug
I saw your penis.



I was not impressed.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 18:28
by Hallucinating dead
modern death metal is trendy music. :frown:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 18:29
by Lavabug
[quote name="Lavabug"]HERP DE DERP[/quote]

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 18:46
by Abzu
I've been wondering the same thing. A fellating lover asked me what's left to death metal, after he was very disheartened hearing Illu.d and I had a hard time answering him.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 19:29
by Hugo.
There's enough win in psycroptic to last a nuclear winter.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 20:10
by Lavabug
I only like scepter and some songs from the 3rd album.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 20:40
by mudbuttthegreat
The new Black Dahlia Murder cd Ritual is pretty awesome. Aborted rocks too

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 22:07
by shadowalk
Insision's new EP may be right up your alley.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 22:41
by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Ulcerate is about the only thing I care for in this period

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 22:45
by jawn galliano
Dead Congregation y'all. Also Ulcerate but the only one I'd say is essential is Everything is Fire.



Definitely not Obscura though :redneck:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 23:31
by Abzu
I really need to get around to hearing that last Ulcerate.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 00:46
by jawn galliano
it's good but EiF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 02:14
by Hallucinating dead
Why the hell someone name his band Mitochondrion :huh:

Is that a science-metal band ?

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 03:02
by jawn galliano
they're just really into ATP is all

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 04:13
by droidspawn
surprised no one has listed disma yet. has craig from incantation and fucking rips.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 04:35
by zim
ulcerate

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 04:56
by Lavabug
I know all of the bands mentioned save for disma and DC, though I haven't gotten around to listening to Mitochondrion.



Definitely need a refresher on EiF, its the only album I listened to from them.



Can anyone comment on abysmal dawn, fleshgod etc?

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 05:16
by Hallucinating dead
Modern old school death metal aint modern death metal :cool:



[youtube]B-KJlP2EZ8I[/youtube]

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 05:21
by Syysysyd
I dig me some faceless



[youtube]uvk6fyuyNE8[/youtube]

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 05:27
by jawn galliano
[quote name="only pieces remain"]surprised no one has listed disma yet. has craig from incantation and fucking rips.[/quote]



i feel like if someone pointed that out to me sooner, i would've checked them out a long time ago

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 06:05
by droidspawn
[youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]

[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]



:aod:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 06:06
by jawn galliano
i gots the album now, sounds pretty good so far :idea:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 06:18
by Hugo.
I've listened to that disma quite a bit. Its awesome. Good mix of old and new school. :xx:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 06:28
by droidspawn
:santa:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 13:08
by Lavabug
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]

[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]



:aod:[/quote]

Not what I was expecting but damn, that was fucking awesome.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 01:54
by M.Bison
[youtube]bSVoSLxc2LI[/youtube]



These are quite cool and similiar to the Faceless.



I'm not into the newer Fleshgod, it's so overdone. Hour of Penance are somewhat similiar but better imo.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 03:36
by Devy
[quote name="Skinoperable"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]

[youtube]XgPoouQwmSI[/youtube]



:aod:[/quote]

Not what I was expecting but damn, that was fucking awesome.[/quote]



seriously. this is good stuff :xx:[/quote]



Wow, that was surprising! TO THE GOOGLE!

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 04:15
by droidspawn
:brushteeth:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 05:01
by Lavabug
Fucking shit is GENUINE.



Just found out Disma are from Clifton, where I used to live. :hard-on bearer:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 05:27
by Devy
[quote name="Lavabug"]Can anyone comment on...[/quote]



[quote name="Lavabug"]Abysmal Dawn[/quote]



Can't say enough good things about them, they're great. I prefer Leveling The Plane Of Existence to their earlier work though, in fact it's one of the best albums I've heard all year.



[quote name="Lavabug"]Fleshgod Apocalypse[/quote]



Get Oracles and Mafia and just try not to enjoy them. Agony is also great, but it's more of a move towards Septic Flesh's style of death metal. There's nothing wrong with it at all, but considering the question you asked, I think you'd prefer the first two.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 07:11
by Hugo.
This jams. One of my favourite recent DM tunes.



[youtube]wgrc6Ch3Exo[/youtube]

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 07:23
by Hugo.
This.

[youtube]KT8dagdvGYw[/youtube]

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 11:38
by Haunty
[quote name="Derek Waters"]they're just really into ATP is all[/quote]



krebs cycle :xx:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 12:06
by jawn galliano
motherfucking, electron carriers all up in that bitch

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 13:10
by Lavabug
Redox niggaaa



boobjudge: I already had oracles and mafia on my mp3. :huh: Just got that AD album so it will be getting jammed.



But not until I devour the fuck out of this Disma shit. Sweet fuck, its like listening to Nespithe for the first time.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 15 Oct 2011, 22:06
by Lavabug
fuck fuck FUCK. Stormy you best get this Disma shit post-haste.

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 01:31
by jawn galliano
i snagged it a few days ago, pretty fucking great it is :xx:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 01:39
by Devy
Do you have an opinion on Abysmal Dawn yet, Stormy?

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 01:44
by deckard
abysmal meh, death metal sucks

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 01:53
by Devy
Image

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 01:55
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Devy"]Do you have an opinion on Abysmal Dawn yet, Stormy?[/quote]



i have not heard this thing

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 01:56
by deckard
[quote name="Devy"]Image[/quote]



:piss1:

Re: Good modern death metal?

Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 02:12
by Devy
[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Devy"]Do you have an opinion on Abysmal Dawn yet, Stormy?[/quote]



i have not heard this thing[/quote]



[youtube]vG9iznDmWQ[/youtube]