Page 1 of 1

chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 03:28
by zim
his vocals slip so much it's ridiculous.. and don't even get me started on his highs :oldryan:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 03:31
by rhino
he hasnt sounded good since warpath

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 04:57
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="rhino"]he hasnt sounded good since maximum violence[/quote]

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 05:14
by Verbal
*the bleeding



and there is an e in barnes, zim



keep that in mind

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 05:32
by agony bagony
[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="rhino"]he hasnt sounded good[/quote][/quote]

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 05:44
by zim
[quote name="Verbal"]*the bleeding



and there is an e in barnes, zim



keep that in mind[/quote]



i dislike him so much i left out the e without knowing it. :cool:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 06:25
by neckred
hello capt. obvious

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 13:20
by Uni777
Never liked his vocals really. I started liking Cannibal after he left.

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 17:50
by Abzu
[quote name="Nick"]
[quote name="rhino"]he hasnt sounded good since maximum violence[/quote][/quote]



[quote name="Uni"]I started liking Cannibal after he left.[/quote]

I started liking them much more in that period. :idea:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 22:25
by SCUNT
barnes era >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 01:52
by Abzu
:shake:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 01:55
by Mesarthim
I never thought he was that good imo. cannibal corpse may have written some good songs with him, but corpsegriner is the superior vocalist.

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 02:01
by Abzu
[quote name="lǝp + uɯH + lɹʇƆ"]I never thought he was that good imo. cannibal corpse may have written some good songs with him, but corpsegriner is the superior vocalist.[/quote]

Absolutely this.

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 02:03
by Uni777
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="lǝp + uɯH + lɹʇƆ"]I never thought he was that good imo. cannibal corpse may have written some good songs with him, but corpsegriner is the superior vocalist.[/quote]

Absolutely this.[/quote]

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 02:17
by Abzu
But I have no reason to convince you :huh:



But I have no reason to convince you :santa:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 02:55
by zim
:akane:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 03:23
by Abzu
[quote name="zim"]:akane:[/quote]

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 03:48
by droidspawn
[quote name="Skinoperable"]*puts foot on monitor*

*does fisher scream every other line*

*windmills the entire set*

*says something about WoW*

*looks like a downs sufferer*[/quote]





:lol:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 07:47
by SCUNT
this...



[quote name="Skinoperable"]*puts foot on monitor*

*does fisher scream every other line*

*windmills the entire set*

*says something about WoW*

*looks like a downs sufferer*[/quote]



..and this



[quote name="Skinoperable"]meh, corpsegrinder has such a boring stage presence and doesn't even write his own lyrics for fuck's sake. sure, barnes is a joke now and his vocals have been shot for years, but there is no way you're going to convince me that corpsegrinder is superior. he should've just stayed in monstrosity.[/quote]



barnes vocals in corpse were fucking beastly

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 08:03
by Haunty
[quote name="smelly"]this...



[quote name="Skinoperable"]*puts foot on monitor*

*does fisher scream every other line*

*windmills the entire set*

*says something about WoW*

*looks like a downs sufferer*[/quote]



..and this



[quote name="Skinoperable"]meh, corpsegrinder has such a boring stage presence and doesn't even write his own lyrics for fuck's sake. sure, barnes is a joke now and his vocals have been shot for years, but there is no way you're going to convince me that corpsegrinder is superior. he should've just stayed in monstrosity.[/quote]



barnes vocals in corpse were fucking beastly[/quote]



all of that

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 09:56
by neckred
the corpsegrinder vs barnes debate again?



Barnes was the perfect vocalist and lyricist for early corpse



they'll never make albums that I like as much as the first 4

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 12:06
by zim
:akane:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 12:54
by Uni777
How many of you have seen them live with Barnes? I've seen them on their first tours as well as with Fisher. (First line-up) He was all over the place with his vocals couldn't grunt in sink and moved absolutely not. He was way more static than Fisher. The few times i've regretably seen SFU Barnes did use the stage more and his approach to the crowd was better. But not with cannibal all the times i've seen them,



But actually i was talking about the albums. Not the life performences. I just like the tone of Fishers voice better... To me his type of vocals are more aggressive.

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 18:03
by Abzu
All of my opinions are based only on the albums and live videos, as I've seen neither era live. Almost saw them several years ago, but a relationship collapsed that day and I made the dumbass choice to stay home and try to fix things with that whore. :shakefist:



I should make an effort to go when they tour for this new album they're working on.

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 03 Nov 2011, 02:01
by SCUNT
Cannibal Corpse were \m//w\ when I saw them a couple years back. It was cool because I was finally getting to see Cannibal Corpse, but god were they boring with fisher :homework:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 03 Nov 2011, 16:36
by Hugo.
Pat O' Brien. :xx:

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 03 Nov 2011, 17:56
by Abzu
[quote name="Hugo"]Pat O' Brien. :xx:[/quote]

:idea:



Personally, I'm digging the Pat & Rob combo more than Jack & Pat or Jack & Rob.

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 03 Nov 2011, 19:52
by Uni777
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="Hugo"]Pat O' Brien. :xx:[/quote]

:idea:



Personally, I'm digging the Pat & Rob combo more than Jack & Pat or Jack & Rob.[/quote]

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 04 Nov 2011, 05:18
by neckred
the new stuff is more technical, but it doesn't have that sickening awesome atmosphere



the first 3 albums were pretty much all Jack



all Jack Owen corpse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 04 Nov 2011, 08:43
by Abzu
Shite to that. Evisceration Plague has a great vibe.

I've got nothing bad to say about what Jack's done. However, I am enjoying the post-Jack music a good bit more, and I'm no technical-obsessor.

Re: chris barns vocals suck

Posted: 04 Nov 2011, 11:23
by Haunty
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Verbal"]*the bleeding



and there is an e in barnes, zim



keep that in mind[/quote]



i dislike him so much i left out the e without knowing it. :cool:[/quote]



rage typo