Page 1 of 1
no more cd's
Posted: 17 Nov 2011, 10:51
by SCUNT
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 17 Nov 2011, 11:16
by Meat Engine
Yet vinyl and tape will persist.

Re: no more cd's
Posted: 17 Nov 2011, 12:28
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I need to get some new speakers
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:30
by Anjel
Who cares about major record labels? All the music I like will probably keep getting released on CD.
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 17 Nov 2011, 23:01
by Ninny
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 17 Nov 2011, 23:40
by SCUNT
[quote name="Anjel"]Who cares about major record labels? All the music I like will probably keep getting released on CD.[/quote]
I hope so

Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 04:01
by SCUNT
Well I'm thinking label's like willowtip and various other "underground" labels will keep making cd's, unless the actual cd makers stop production due to loss of revenue from the big labels not putting money in their pockets.
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 04:14
by SCUNT

underground satanic cd revival

Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 04:59
by SCUNT
I'll go get the candles, you work on finding those goddamn ipods

Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 05:09
by Meat Engine
[quote name="smelly"]Well I'm thinking label's like willowtip and various other "underground" labels will keep making cd's, unless the actual cd makers stop production due to loss of revenue from the big labels not putting money in their pockets.[/quote]
I expect even those will go to digital only, except for vinyl (or tape, in the case of my fellating lover's label). This seems like a perfect time to ask why labels should continue to exist in their current form. Are musicians afraid of independence or something? Advances in recording and digital music distribution mean that a band can do most things without the "help" of a label. That leaves physical distribution and touring. It makes sense to work with a label that has contacts to get one's music put on a CD or a record. Without the entanglements of other stuff, that should mean a more equitable deal is possible. For touring, why not work with a tour management company can worry about dealing with promoters, arranging travel, arranging equipment, and paying you.
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 05:15
by SCUNT
[quote name="Skinoperable"]just as long as there is some sort of physical copy of the music to be had i am ok with that[/quote]
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 05:22
by rhino
[quote name="smelly"]
[quote name="Anjel"]Who cares about major record labels? All the music I like will probably keep getting released on CD.[/quote]
I hope so

[/quote]
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 05:43
by mudbuttthegreat
[quote name="smelly"]

underground satanic cd revival

[/quote]

Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 08:17
by Abzu
[quote name="mudbuttthegreat"]
[quote name="smelly"]

underground satanic cd revival

[/quote]

[/quote]

Re: no more cd's
Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 10:55
by FUKKET
[quote name="smelly"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]just as long as there is some sort of physical copy of the music to be had i am ok with that[/quote][/quote]
Re: no more cd's
Posted: 20 Nov 2011, 04:54
by deckard
there will always be physical media to cater for the collectors.