Page 1 of 1

I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 19 Nov 2011, 03:23
by Mesarthim
Report: Fan Kills Himself After THEM CROOKED VULTURES Concert Left Him With Tinnitus - Nov. 18, 2011



According to DailyMail.co.uk, a British rock music fan stabbed himself to death after seeing the rock supergroup THEM CROOKED VULTURES perform left him with severe tinnitus.



Robert McIndoe, 52, was unable to sleep for three months after seeing the band — made up of current and former members of LED ZEPPELIN, FOO FIGHTERS and QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE — in July 2010 at the Brixton Academy in London.



His psychiatrist, Dr. Helen Stinson, said, "He accepted death as a side-effect of stopping the noise."



McIndoe's wife Shirley said, "When it first happened, he wasn't too bothered about it because he thought it would subside, and the fellating lover he had been with also had ringing in his ears that day. But it was a constant irritation. He didn't get a night of sleep after that."



Tinnitus is characterized by a constant ringing in the ears, with the noise coming from inside the body rather than an outside source.

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 19 Nov 2011, 03:48
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
Valium or another kind of heavy medicine was not enough for sleep :huh:



I had pain in the ears after a concert when I saw Slayer. Kerry King guitar blasted my poor ears for a week.

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 19 Nov 2011, 04:10
by Devy
Do you own any earplugs, AOD?

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 19 Nov 2011, 04:15
by deckard
Image

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 19 Nov 2011, 04:20
by Devy
This is now a "What earplugs have you got?" thread



Image



:hard-on bearer:

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 06:55
by shubniggurath
I didn't just laugh; I guffawed.

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 07:21
by FUKKET
[quote name="Skinoperable"]ear plugs are wonderful things[/quote]

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 07:27
by FUKKET
[quote name="Devy"]This is now a "What earplugs have you got?" thread

[/quote]



custom moulded ones. I think they're called Hearsavers (an Australian hearing testing/ doctors etc)

but i think I might need an upgrade soon, they're about 5 years old now and i think I've grown and they let loud sound in now & then when I move/headbang etc

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 21:51
by deckard
i just got mine out from my spares case and they are completely orange :redneck: ive not used them for about 3 years now.

Re: I must be an asshole, because this made me laugh.

Posted: 23 Nov 2011, 05:26
by Haunty
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Valium or another kind of heavy medicine was not enough for sleep :huh:



I had pain in the ears after a concert when I saw Slayer. Kerry King guitar blasted my poor ears for a week.[/quote]



:redneck:



On a side note, I've played Kerry King's guitar. I'm at least 6 inches taller than him, but his guitar still hangs too low for me to play. I honestly don't know how the fuck he reaches it.