Page 1 of 1

metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 12:27
by neckred
not really, I love metal



just the whole image and whatever is bullshit, it's the stuff that the shitty bands prey on and it's what makes them successful



the set "genres" is the biggest problem with metal and music today, invites lack of innovation and progress by staying within a certain niche



this is partly why most of the most exciting bands/artists in each respective genre came early in that genre's existence



there is more, but I sard typing

Re: metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 13:44
by jawn galliano
i think we agree fundamentally. but i have a difficult time expressing my thoughts on the subject in a way that doesn't come off as being incredibly snobby/condescending, so i'll save that for another time

Re: metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 15:30
by shadowalk
I don't really care for genres myself, to be honest. It just so happens that most of the music that I like are of the metal variety. I'll listen to it as long as I like what I hear. I'll leave the technical stuff to the anus.com/metal-archives folk as they seem to be much more interested in that aspect.

Re: metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 17:07
by Lavabug
[quote name="Derek Waters"]i think we agree fundamentally. but i have a difficult time expressing my thoughts on the subject in a way that doesn't come off as being incredibly snobby/condescending, so i'll save that for another time[/quote]

That makes 3 of us.

Re: metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 17:28
by Jackson
I agree with Sabrina The Teenage Cocksucker!



:xx:

Re: metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 17:40
by neckred
the best way is to just be yourself



in regards to metalhead "image", nonconformity just for the sake of it, is actually conformity

Re: metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 17:45
by shadowalk
:idea:

Re: metal sucks

Posted: 08 Dec 2011, 19:35
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
Mark, your sig makes me always want to masturbate.