Page 1 of 1

When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 00:11
by Haunty
[youtube]3an8jdsVM3s[/youtube]



Was somebody listening to this...

[youtube]byEPbNGKwKQ[/youtube]

and go "that's pretty fuckin' awesome, but I could probably make that at least 75% more obnoxious"?

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 01:40
by Hugo.
The meshuggah pattern syncopates the same quadruplet over six bars. The monstrosity one 'rights' itself and the end of every second bar. Haake follows the drums with the DB in Bleed. Also, the monstrosity guitars introduce that cool melody into their one.



I see where youre going with it though.



"that's pretty fuckin' awesome, but I could probably make that at least 75% more obnoxious"?



Actually thats a pretty good explaination :redneck:



Both are killer tracks *plays bleed*

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 01:46
by Devy
Bleed is watching a hard-on bearer break the world record for sprinting, Perpetual War is watching a naked woman jogging.



Both are impressive, but only one causes a commotion in my codpiece.

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 01:48
by Verbal
:paw:

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 01:58
by Hugo.
The day I lost faith in nilechat was when I posted perpetual war in a thread for epic intros and the only comment that acknowledged it was one which said 'good song, but not really an epic intro.'



I OF COURSE proceded to exit the building hastily all like :krinor:



Also, I hate when meshuggah cut the bit after the solo in Bleed out :ra:

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 13:57
by Haunty
I love this top comment on Bleed:


TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 21:36
by Hugo.
I lol'd at that too :gay:

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 09 Dec 2011, 21:49
by Hugo.
The deluge of IDI praise that came out on it's release was so obviously fucking fake and orchestrated I couldnt believe it.

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 09:04
by zim
mehshuggah

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 13:26
by jawn galliano
DJUN DJUIN



(permutations of DJUN DJUN)



DJUN DJUN DJUN



(permutations of DJUN DJUN DJUN)



OMG ARITHMETIC IS SO ADVANCED



(reprise of DJUN DJUN)



DJUN



(wicked impressed)



DJUN DJUN DJUN



(omg whats songwriting? basic arithmetic is the new music, fuck yourselves!)

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 15:07
by Haunty
I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 19:15
by Hugo.
[quote name="HbW"]I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.[/quote]



The first part isn;t too bad, the second verse is just ridiculous.

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 00:45
by zim
[quote name="HbW"]I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.[/quote]



:necro:

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 09:04
by jawn galliano
[quote name="HbW"]I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.[/quote]



make me

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 16:14
by Haunty
You owe it to yourself to give up on this shit after a few tries.

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 00:05
by Hallucinating dead
The bard appreciate mehshitgay and hates opeth like anything. :alien: :alien: