Page 1 of 1

new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 06:30
by Verbal
[quote name="Karl Sanders"]Drums are Done !



We are finished tracking drums for the new Nile album -

George , Dallas , Neil kernon and I spent a week with Bob Moore at the Soundlab in Columbia SC ,

tracking drums . We were expecting a long grueling session - some of this material is very compositionally challenging and technically demanding ;

but George knocked it out , finishing a FULL WEEK ahead of schedule.

OMG.

Some of the drumming on this record will be boggling people's minds for years to come.



At the moment we are back in greenville , and will commence tracking guitars any day now.

Fuck yeah ![/quote]

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 08:54
by Shredlord
Let's just hope that it isn't "too extreme."

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 08:59
by zim
maybe george will throw some creativity into his drumming

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 10:56
by Abzu
:interessant:

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 11:35
by Meat Engine
[quote name="zim"]maybe george will throw some creativity into his drumming[/quote]



The quote from Karl had me immediately concerned that we would be getting another faster-than-thou, loaded-with-blast-beats performance. I hope I am wrong.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 11:37
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
No one cares

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 11:48
by Abzu
I no longer own anything after Darkened Shrines. The epic power is just gone after that.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 11:50
by Verbal
annihilation has some good stuff

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 11:53
by Abzu
mmm a couple good songs, but still nothing like those first few albums.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 11:55
by Verbal
it definitely has a some epic power

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 12:22
by Meat Engine
The most recent one had some excellent tunes on it. I think the longer songs on the albums after ITDS are not up to snuff, though. They seem a bit plodding compared to Unas and To Dream of Ur.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 13:13
by jawn galliano
why does nile keep making albums



bsov was their peak



why bother after that

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 13:33
by Meat Engine
The same reason The Crown should keep making albums even though Deathrace King will never be topped - the fleeting promise that it might actually happen.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 15:02
by Haunty
[quote name="Meat Engine"]
[quote name="zim"]maybe george will throw some creativity into his drumming[/quote]



The quote from Karl had me immediately concerned that we would be getting another faster-than-thou, loaded-with-blast-beats performance. I hope I am wrong.[/quote]



I would like to think, having met and spoken with Karl a few times, that he's not stupid enough to think that blasting another 25bpm faster is going to create someone a lasting legacy. I would like to think that he's talking about something new and innovative or technically challenging in like a syncopated direction, or at least something like that.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 20:01
by Hugo.
Some of the best songs from their last 4 albums have been 220bpm or lower, so it's not like theyre a one trick pony or anything. Mind you, Kafir is a beast of a song and their fastest so fucking bring on the new album I say.



[quote name="Derek Waters"]why does nile keep making albums



bsov was their peak



why bother after that[/quote]



This logic is retarded. In their darkened shrines is a contender for best album of all time.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 20:14
by Anjel
I like all Nile albums, but some of them are better than others, I agree on that part.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 20:15
by Lavabug
TWGD was a big improvement over the previous 3 records, and I'm someone who got hooked thanks to itds and annihilation. I have high hopes for this one.



Personally I rather like their consistency, they don't do blatant riff-recycling like Amon Amarth, nor do they make experimental turns for the worse hiding behind a "we're exercising artistic freedom" moral shield. They're probably the only metal band that has managed to stay in the middle without swaying either way this long. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 21:13
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="Derek Waters"]why does nile keep making albums



bsov was their peak



why bother after that[/quote]



:idea:

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 21:17
by deckard
zzzzzz

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 21:58
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Lavabug"]TWGD was a big improvement over the previous 3 records, and I'm someone who got hooked thanks to itds and annihilation. I have high hopes for this one.[/quote]



i actually agree with this completely. i haven't listened to it recently but it was probably the first new nile album i actually listened to multiple times since AotW. i still think bsov was their peak (my last post was just drunken silliness :greenie: ) but they got some good stuff on some of the later albums

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 23:05
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Your last post wasn't silly at all

Re: new nile

Posted: 10 Dec 2011, 23:43
by rhino
[quote name="Toozey"]zzzzzz[/quote]

Re: new nile

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 00:50
by Lavabug
I think the big illud letdown has discouraged everyone from thinking highly of any band they once looked up to, even those that have racked up a technically flawless back-catalog.



Nile provide one of the few shoulders left to cry on. :eyes:

Re: new nile

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 03:51
by Devy
I like all of Nile's albums :greenie:

Re: new nile

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 16:15
by Haunty
Me too. :gay:

Re: new nile

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 16:26
by Mr. P
[quote name="Devy"]I like all of Nile's albums :greenie:[/quote]

[quote name="HbW"]Me too. :gay:[/quote]

Re: new nile

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 21:57
by Mutilator
[quote name="Mr. P"]
[quote name="Devy"]I like all of Nile's albums :greenie:[/quote]

[quote name="HbW"]Me too. :gay:[/quote][/quote]

Re: new nile

Posted: 11 Dec 2011, 23:05
by Lavabug
:judge:

Re: new nile

Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 10:00
by Haunty
That better be a "goddamn right" judge.

Re: new nile

Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 10:42
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Its not

Re: new nile

Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 20:29
by Lavabug
You can bet your ass it is.

Re: new nile

Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 23:13
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Pass

Re: new nile

Posted: 13 Dec 2011, 13:36
by neckred
I like Nile :santa:

Re: new nile

Posted: 13 Dec 2011, 18:30
by Hugo.
neil :god: