Page 1 of 1

The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 10:32
by Mutilator
[youtube]n8iy_xEREWA[/youtube]



Imagine this with Morbid Angel riffs and you´d probably somewhat have the Morbid Angel album that Trey would´ve intended.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 10:55
by jawn galliano
idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 11:00
by Mesarthim
wow.



just wow.



take two of the worst genres of extreme music and combine them.



what a brilliant idea.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 13:27
by zim
:lol:

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 15:25
by Ninny
:tear:

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 16:12
by TamPron
I don't really like this, but it's much more interesting than the two bowls of shit this drew influence from.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 18:55
by Mesarthim
If you click the video and go to the videos on the side there's a video of the dude performing live. It's just some hard-on bearer turning knobs, there's actually no guitars or drums involved.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 21:43
by Hugo.
Djent sucks so many balls.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 09:58
by FUKKET
i fucking hate this term "djent".



it's like let's call funk "bow-chika-wow-wow" from now on.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 09:58
by FUKKET
[quote name="Skinoperable"]the fact that something is actually called "djentstep" is bad enough to begin with[/quote]

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 10:30
by Abzu
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]the fact that something is actually called "djentstep" is bad enough to begin with[/quote][/quote]

Image

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 12:12
by Meat Engine
I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 17:40
by Hugo.
It could be called Scarlet Johanssons tits for all I care. :oldryan:

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 00:39
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]



labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.



predictably, the song is complete nonsense

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 01:19
by Meat Engine
[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]



labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.



predictably, the song is complete nonsense[/quote]



I agree that labels are useful, but sometimes they are so stupid as to be not helpful. Djent is a pretty shitty label, because I have no idea what it is. :redneck:

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 01:21
by Devy
You could put djent in a bra and I'd still hate it.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 01:23
by Boss Primigenius
Onomatopoeic labels in general are pretty dumb, especially when the actual sound doesn't sound anything like the word used to describe it :waa:

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 01:24
by Devy
It should be called "gnungk"

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 01:24
by Meat Engine
Ed zachary. :santa:

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 01:46
by Abzu
[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Meat Engine"]I like pieces of this. I can't be the only one. Ignore the fucking label.[/quote]



labels are useful because they can assist us in making predictions. for example, since it's a known fact that anything called 'djent' is complete and utter bullshit, we can instantly deduce that the results of crossing 'djent' with another genre are not going to be good. this is doubly true because it's being paired with the only other style of music that rivals djent in being completely devoid of any redeeming value whatsoever.



predictably, the song is complete nonsense[/quote]

:idea:

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 02:01
by Hugo.
[quote name="Mem"]Onomatopoeic labels in general are pretty dumb, especially when the actual sound doesn't sound anything like the word used to describe it :waa:[/quote]



'Piss' is the most accurate and fun one of these.



Check out this monster I just discovered:



[youtube]xMvHSWXRgt0[/youtube]

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 02:17
by Devy
That perfectly soundtracks your signature.

Re: The Algorithm (djentstep)

Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 08:45
by FUKKET
Image



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: