Page 1 of 1

Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 03:45
by Devy
You know when you discover a new musician/band and it blows your balls off? This is the thread for your favourite of those this year. Try and limit it to one, there's no fun in scrolling through 50 videos in one post.



For me, it was herr ein Ewan Dobson



[youtube]ys5vRrKp47s[/youtube]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 04:14
by rhino
[youtube]7NXBTkgvltE[/youtube]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 04:26
by Ninny
[youtube]wt_yoIoUgK0[/youtube]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 15:10
by Lavabug
[youtube]yhu2QMLmx4A[/youtube]



This gave me anal tingles comparable to those experienced when I listened to "Nespithe" the first time around.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 17:32
by vega
[youtube]21EdINS1w2Y[/youtube] :santa:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 17:49
by Haunty
I'm just going to let Ewan Dobson play for a while and then think about this. I remember this dude from a pretty good while back. Wildly talented feller. :xx:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 22:02
by Devy
You know someone's good when you hear one of their songs and immediately buy (yes, BUY) all their albums. Frankly, I can't give this hard-on bearer enough money.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 22:26
by Hugo.
I have two: John Gomm and Joe Bonamassa.



[youtube]uaCjPdtDBxo[/youtube]



[youtube]nY7GnAq6Znw[/youtube]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 22:33
by droidspawn
[youtube]A9h_au-NweY[/youtube]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 22:40
by Hugo.
I dont get the Ewan Dobson thing, personally. Sounds cheesy to mein ears.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 01 Jan 2012, 23:55
by deckard
cloudkicker

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 00:11
by rhino
wolves like us second?

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 00:16
by deckard
[quote name="rhino"]wolves like us second?[/quote]



dont know, pretty sure no.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 01:09
by Boss Primigenius
[youtube]TV5JBCBcCO0[/youtube]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 02:00
by Devy
I thought I threw Kaki King at you many years back! Maybe I've lost all concept of time.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 02:01
by Hugo.
I really wish she was better :brushteeth:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 02:27
by Hallucinating dead
[youtube]amFZny9Ayas[/youtube]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 02:31
by Hallucinating dead
[youtube]xXo1G1sxrB4[/youtube]



:thingy:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:19
by Boss Primigenius
[quote name="Devy"]I thought I threw Kaki King at you many years back! Maybe I've lost all concept of time.[/quote]



I don't think you did but I am known to forget things. I definitely didn't start listening to her frequently until earlier this year. I saw her in Amsterdam :greenie:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:22
by Devy
Her guitars are bigger than she is :xx:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:22
by Boss Primigenius
[quote name="Hugo"]I really wish she was better :brushteeth:[/quote]



Stop hating on other guitarists and get to work on your own stuff so that we may all be awed by its brilliance soon :waa:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:26
by Boss Primigenius
[quote name="Devy"]Her guitars are bigger than she is :xx:[/quote]



She is very tiny. I felt gargantuan next to her. I really need to stop neglecting to take pictures at such moments :homework:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:28
by Devy
I read an interview with her once when she said that she didn't like people patting her on the head. Not because it was patronising, but because she'd got a weird shaped head and she thought it'd freak people out when they felt it :redneck:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:32
by Boss Primigenius
If only I had known! You've really gotta start telling me stuff :evil:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:37
by Devy
Do your own legwork! :waa:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:39
by Hugo.
Hey sayings are better than her playings. :judge:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:41
by Boss Primigenius
Don't make me tell you again, young man!

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:49
by Hugo.
I googled her. She does that pull me out alive song which is good.



But john gomm is better :santa:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 05:59
by crumbswamkghoshthber
Um, I was not so adventurous last year as far as trying out new bands so I'd have to say Nader Sadek (though Vulture Industries late 2010 album also impressed me a lot).

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 06:26
by Abzu
[youtube]sjSkktZL7zk[/youtube]



But there were so many that could tie that. The Grim Giant One showed me much musics this year.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 06:44
by Hugo.
Thats not a very appropriate nickname for me but yes, I am generous.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 08:42
by Abzu
[quote name="Hugo"]Thats not a very appropriate nickname for me but yes, I am generous.[/quote]

:redneck: Sorry, you have also sent good tunes in my direction, sir. Recognition is deserved.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 08:44
by Hugo.
:grimneck:;;;;;;;

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 02 Jan 2012, 08:55
by Abzu
[quote name="Hugo"]:grimneck:;;;;;;;[/quote]

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 01:25
by mudbuttthegreat
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]A9h_au-NweY[/youtube][/quote]





indeed favorite band in this period

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 06:09
by Olden Polynice
[youtube]xKl4cVQMoYs[/youtube]



[youtube]HQ_fO8BSPZo[/youtube]



:bang:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 06:24
by droidspawn
[quote name="mudbuttthegreat"]
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]A9h_au-NweY[/youtube][/quote]





indeed favorite band in this period[/quote]





:idea:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 06:48
by WOOO)))
just listened to that track jorsh, pretty awesome actually, will look into

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 07:07
by droidspawn
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13448&p=24470 ... p244707</a><!-- l -->



:xx:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 07:25
by WOOO)))
you da man

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 07:27
by rhino
i like me some the atlas moth

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 09:19
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]i like me some the atlas moth[/quote]

I just checked that video out at the end of :page1: and it is :xx:



our lord and master also approves.