Page 1 of 1
Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 13 Jan 2012, 15:26
by FUKKET
What are your thoughts on Nocturnus's last album?
It's OK.
I don't dig the death growl vocals (I prefer the raspy ones of "Thresholds" etc..).
The keys are too low in the mix too.

Re: Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 04:40
by -M-
I haven't listened to this album for ages. I remember I liked it a lot.
Re: Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 00:46
by Desoppus
Re: Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 08:07
by Mutilator
I'd rather have the Mike Browning albums (or the EP):
[youtube]DDNy6MuqrMQ[/youtube]
Re: Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 09:16
by zim
i always thought mike browning was the weak point in nocturnus. his vocals and drumming has always been

to me
Re: Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 10:24
by Mutilator
Well, he played on the best Nocturnus albums and in my ears he did a fine job and played very creatively along with the music instead just hitting beats.
In that sense he is comparable to Pete Sandoval, who is also far from having an top notch technique but gets where he needs to be on devotion and persistence.
And, nothing wrong with his vocals. They fitted better than Emo Mowery's 13-in-a-dozen grunting.
And remember that Mike did both at the same time. Not an easy task I reckon.
Re: Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 11:58
by FUKKET
[quote name="zim"] his vocals have always been

to me[/quote]
Re: Nocturnus - "Ethereal Tomb" thoughts?
Posted: 08 Feb 2012, 09:21
by Mutilator
Season of mist is selling the Nocturnus - A farewell to planet earth dvd for 5 euros now:
<!-- m -->
http://e-shop.season-of-mist.com/en/ite ... h/dvd/9792<!-- m -->