Page 1 of 1

akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 01:06
by vega
[youtube]3SUgAKECzrc[/youtube]

[youtube]fw0qZZdxL8U[/youtube]

[youtube]pvO1TTJF6J4[/youtube]



:santa:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 01:44
by baron von blondle
get the fuck outta here

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 02:35
by Hugo.
This is an appreciation thread!

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 02:42
by Devy
[quote name="baron von blondle"]get the fuck outta here[/quote]



:redneck:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 03:02
by Abzu
I appreciate it the blonde one.

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 04:01
by rhino
the old bassist was a gay not mitt romney

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 04:06
by Hugo.
Whose mother smells of elderberries.

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 05:32
by baron von blondle
[quote name="Hugo"]Whose mother smells of elderberries.[/quote]



This is fact and cannot be denied, he is a silly English kernigit



NOW WHERE IS MY SHRUBBERY???!!!! :waa:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 06:37
by zim
wanklets in suits

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 06:45
by droidspawn
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Hugo"]Whose mother smells of elderberries.[/quote]



This is fact and cannot be denied, he is a silly English kernigit



NOW WHERE IS MY SHRUBBERY???!!!! :waa:[/quote]





with the knights who say NII

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 08:07
by M.Bison
I miss Choronzon era cocke and would like to recite the end of a well known avian based nursery rhyme in wishful tribute



"...come back peter, come back paul"



:redneck:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 08:31
by droidspawn
akercocke was pretty neat in all seriousness.

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 08:33
by Abzu
Well if I ain't in the mood to go jam some eolb now. :xx:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 09:12
by Mesarthim
Choronzon was their peak, I think. glad I got to them live once.

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 10:22
by Abzu
[quote name="Lumbergh"]Choronzon was their peak, I think. glad I got to them live once.[/quote]

:homework: I completely missed out.

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 11:29
by M.Bison
David Gray and the new bass player Peter Benjamin have started a new band called 'Voices'; I checked out their first track and it's pretty much Akercocke-lite...



The guitar riffs seem like you've heard them on an akercocke album already, only less developed. Not really keen on the vocals, it's all raspy stuff and there doesn't seem to be much power.



Upon quick investigation, the guitarist is some bloke called 'sloynes' who seems to be a akercocke-hangeroner-er who doesn't seem very proficient with technology or indeed the guitar.

A quick google of the name reveals his photobucket account filled with akercocke related pictures and some artsy, embarrassing self shots.



Whats your take, MABB?

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 20:34
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
they ruled when the Baron One was inside the line up :xx:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 21:35
by Abzu
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]they ruled when the Baron One was inside the line up :xx:[/quote]

:idea:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 21 Jan 2012, 22:19
by Lavabug
[quote name="only pieces remain"]akercocke was pretty neat in all seriousness.[/quote]

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 13:10
by vega
[quote name="baron von blondle"]get the fuck outta here[/quote]

no you go :santa:

Re: akercocke appreciations

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 14:38
by Hugo.
:hard-on bearer: