Page 1 of 3

The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 18:51
by beandorkio
In what has to be the most narcissistic thing I've done as an adult, the new CD will be released on my birthday: february 18th.



No labels - it's going via CdBaby electronic distro so you can pick it up at I-Tunes, Amazon, etc etc etc etc. They cover everything and everyone electronic.



Peoples who needses the physical CDses...working on that one. We have a bonus track up our sleeve and are looking at doing a limited CD run including the song.



The tracklisting is:



1. Caveat

2. In Our Hearts

3. Amazing Pain

4. Death To Metal

5. Walk

6. Magnificent

7. A Good Old Fashioned Head Kicking

8. White Flag

9. Far From Over

10. Let Me Sleep

11. The Floating World



It's me and Mr.Macey, with Ol and MattBerzerker trading off solos on 'Far From Over'.



That will be all for now.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 19:04
by droidspawn
finally :ba:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 19:59
by Hugo.
:greenie:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 20:09
by rhino
\m//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 20:25
by Abzu
:thingy::::::::::::::::;;;;





















Incidentally, my birthday is the 16th.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 22:06
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
About god damn time beany

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 23:37
by jawn galliano
as long as 'walk' isn't a pantera cover, i'm all over this shit :xx:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 00:10
by Mesarthim
:xx:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 01:20
by Lavabug
[quote name="Derek Waters"]as long as 'walk' isn't a pantera cover, i'm all over this shit :xx:[/quote]

Beat me to it. :redneck:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 03:37
by beandorkio
[quote name="Skinoperable"]you ever gonna do merch for this project, beano?[/quote]



Merch and physical CDs have to wait to see how the initial paid downloads take, and what the reaction to the album is. If I get a few hundred downloads within 4-6 months, then they're the next step.



[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="Derek Waters"]as long as 'walk' isn't a pantera cover, i'm all over this shit :xx:[/quote]

Beat me to it. :redneck:[/quote]



Haha, I wanted to stir shit up a bit with that song title. The Pantera 'Walk' is such an iconic metal track and everyone knows it. However The Senseless 'Walk' in comparison helps illustrate the massive difference between this album and the rest of popular metal, musically and lyrically. It'll hold its own, no worries about that



[youtube]cWqR_TUCvmw[/youtube]



:idea:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 03:56
by FUKKET
[quote name="beandorkio"]

Peoples who needses the physical CDses...working on that one. [/quote]



:bang: news



this will be me. hardcopy :santa:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 04:18
by rhino
walk rules :bang:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 04:46
by Hugo.
[quote name="rhino"]walk rules :bang:[/quote]

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 05:14
by Abzu
[quote name="beandorkio"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]you ever gonna do merch for this project, beano?[/quote]



Merch and physical CDs have to wait to see how the initial paid downloads take, and what the reaction to the album is. If I get a few hundred downloads within 4-6 months, then they're the next step.



[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="Derek Waters"]as long as 'walk' isn't a pantera cover, i'm all over this shit :xx:[/quote]

Beat me to it. :redneck:[/quote]



Haha, I wanted to stir shit up a bit with that song title. The Pantera 'Walk' is such an iconic metal track and everyone knows it. However The Senseless 'Walk' in comparison helps illustrate the massive difference between this album and the rest of popular metal, musically and lyrically. It'll hold its own, no worries about that



[youtube]cWqR_TUCvmw[/youtube]



:idea:[/quote]

You should send Stormy a one-off version with Walk replaced with a cover of the Pantera song.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 06:37
by beandorkio
[quote name="Skinoperable"]so you're saying i'll have to download and buy a copy of the album? you crafty businessman you :redneck:[/quote]



Hahaha...actually I'm operating from a principle of sard. Let me explain: I sent out a few full copies of 'the floating world' to friends and contacts in and amongst the music industry last year and did not get a reply from any of them. That reaction either says that everyone in the music business are lazy buggers, or that the album's so shit that they feel embarrased even corresponding with me.



Now, I'm pretty sure we've made the greatest metal album of the decade. At the very least it stomps IDI into dust. But just on the off-chance that we've made a pile of dung that nobody likes or buys, then I'll save myself a few grand printing up t-shirts and CDs that barely anyone wants.



If it's rightfully hailed as the genius output of princes amongst men in the prime of their metal - AND paid downloads reflect that - then I'll start creating all sorts of delicious extra stuff. Feel free to add suggestions of a download/reward scale, I'm thinking 100 downloads create a video, 150 press CDs, 250 create shirts, 300 create another video....

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 06:51
by rhino
i will buy off itunes or amazon for sure, and i'll buy a physical copy when/if its out, under the condition it says thanks rhino in the thank you's :santa:





i always wanted to be in a thank you list :fonz:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 07:23
by droidspawn
I will buy said as well most def. big ups to the frosty fargo lands :grimsanta:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 09:55
by Abzu
I think there should be a section of liner notes that appears to have been wrung through the word c.ensors. Or, rather, that's what I would/will do.



Either way, I'm going to buy the fuck out of this thing.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 13:07
by jawn galliano
i'll buy it on itunes, because i have a whole mess of unspent credit on there :santa:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 13:25
by Hugo.
[quote name="Hugo"]:greenie:[/quote]

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 16:58
by beandorkio
Cheers guys.



[quote name="rhino"]i will buy off itunes or amazon for sure, and i'll buy a physical copy when/if its out, under the condition it says thanks rhino in the thank you's :santa: i always wanted to be in a thank you list :fonz:[/quote]



Ima draw a humongous cock and balls on the cover of yours



:santa:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 17:13
by rhino
:fuckoff: :santa:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 23 Jan 2012, 18:10
by beandorkio
in case I haven't already told you Ryan, I already know what your favourite track will be: Let Me Sleep



Miserable slow doomfest :grim:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 24 Jan 2012, 04:43
by Haunty
This coincides nicely with me having money and wanting to blow it on your album! :greenie:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 24 Jan 2012, 04:58
by Devy
I just hope they don't get to Mediafire before this comes out!

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 24 Jan 2012, 05:10
by Haunty
:redneck:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 24 Jan 2012, 06:11
by FUKKET
[quote name="HbW"]:redneck:[/quote]

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 24 Jan 2012, 10:11
by beandorkio
[quote name="Devy"]I just hope they don't get to Mediafire before this comes out![/quote]



Hahaha...actually might create two dozen accounts across a dozen PCs for various torrent, upload, and share sites and rename a few folders of Rihanna songs as the Senseless Floating World tracks....and upload them. See who can be bothered battling through the sard to get their pirate download.



And not even good Rihanna songs either. Like, her worst ones that make you just want to punch her in her triceratops head until she stops.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 24 Jan 2012, 11:14
by Abzu
[quote name="beandorkio"]
[quote name="Devy"]I just hope they don't get to Mediafire before this comes out![/quote]



Hahaha...actually might create two dozen accounts across a dozen PCs for various torrent, upload, and share sites and rename a few folders of Rihanna songs as the Senseless Floating World tracks....and upload them. See who can be bothered battling through the sard to get their pirate download.



And not even good Rihanna songs either. Like, her worst ones that make you just want to punch her in her triceratops head until she stops.[/quote]

Chris Brown tribute! :greenie:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 26 Jan 2012, 01:08
by Devy
[quote name="beandorkio"]
[quote name="Devy"]I just hope they don't get to Mediafire before this comes out![/quote]



Hahaha...actually might create two dozen accounts across a dozen PCs for various torrent, upload, and share sites and rename a few folders of Rihanna songs as the Senseless Floating World tracks....and upload them. See who can be bothered battling through the sard to get their pirate download.



And not even good Rihanna songs either. Like, her worst ones that make you just want to punch her in her triceratops head until she stops.[/quote]



I don't need any more encouragement to break her unusually pointy face, but I appreciate the effort :santa:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 26 Jan 2012, 01:57
by SCUNT
I hate buying anything digital so let me know once you get them physical copies beany :santa:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 01:13
by beandorkio
Nice big interview over at Lurker : <!-- m -->http://www.lurkerspath.com/2012/02/10/e ... senseless/<!-- m -->



And what hey ho? - the album is being streamed for a short period. Link at the bottom of the interview.



:bang:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 01:29
by Devy
Quick, bend over while I've still got all this smoke in my mouth!



You're probably the best interviewee in music. It's refreshing to see someone being honest and calling folk out on being shit rather than bringing out the classic "This album will be better than the last!" lines and such.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 01:44
by Mr. P
Wait what, Is it King Diamond singing or who? =)



Dude, nice interview but oh man the production sounds extreme metally good!

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 01:47
by beandorkio
The poor bastard who interviewed me had to do some serious editing. I gave him 8084 words of serious bile, and he had to edit it to about a third of that.



Compared to the hellstorm of shit I originally rained, this one's as coy as a chastity belt wearing 12-year old nun in a burqa.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 01:53
by baron von blondle
I haven't listened yet but I like the cut of your jib Sammy boy. No graveyard photo shoots, no all black wardrobe and throwing the horns. This inspires me to risk the notion that the genre isn't a total carcrash of homo-erotic dribble.



I will make time in my ever so busy cultural schedule to imbibe your vibe :gay:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 03:36
by agony bagony
our lord and master got an advance copy last month

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 03:41
by Grudge
I am listening to your album. Normally this should be a big enough honor for most people. But I will go a bit further in this case, and write a review for this album soon.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 03:59
by beandorkio
Sweeet! Thanks in advance for that. I'm curious to see what people will think hey.



I will be requesting I-Tunes/Amazon reviews once it's out and available on those, even if it's something as simple as 'brrrapTING'. Got to get them review stats up. I will promise all sorts of humourous and loving things in return, which I am yet to think of.



[quote name="baron von blondle"]I haven't listened yet but I like the cut of your jib Sammy boy. No graveyard photo shoots, no all black wardrobe and throwing the horns. This inspires me to risk the notion that the genre isn't a total carcrash of homo-erotic dribble[/quote]



Ta - yeah, I'm making a massive huge point of not being all metal. I'm fooling no-one with this face. Besides, always hated the traditional metal aesthetic.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 04:20
by Devy
Is there a method of purchasing it that'd see you getting a bigger cut or does CDbaby negate that?

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 04:31
by beandorkio
CDBaby give up the most money the quickest. Their cut is negligible.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 04:37
by Devy
Then I'll buy it straight from CDbaby when it comes out :santa:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 07:00
by Abzu
[quote name="Devy"]Then I'll buy it straight from CDbaby when it comes out :santa:[/quote]

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 09:46
by darkreignofset
That interview was awesome!!! enjoying the stream of the floating world aswell

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 09:59
by Hugo.
[quote name="IRONMAN"]I am listening to your album. Normally this should be a big enough honor for most people. But I will go a bit further in this case, and write a review for this album soon.[/quote]



You can include it in that novel youre writing. You know, that novel youve been working on.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 12:03
by droidspawn
album is seriously good sam. thanks for making good tunes in 2012. they are hard to come by these days.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 13:07
by Haunty
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="Devy"]Then I'll buy it straight from CDbaby when it comes out :santa:[/quote][/quote]



I will also be splooging money in this general direction at that time.

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 13:08
by Abzu
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="Devy"]Then I'll buy it straight from CDbaby when it comes out :santa:[/quote][/quote]



I will also be splooging money in this general direction at that time.[/quote]

:jizz:

Re: The Senseless 'The Floating World' release february 18th

Posted: 11 Feb 2012, 13:24
by zim
i'll be searching for rihanna blogspots soon