Page 1 of 1

Blues appreciation...

Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 17:43
by Haunty
Fuck yes you do.

[youtube]hKEdlSTHjtU[/youtube]

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 00:28
by jawn galliano
i just don't understand this genre at all



i listen to it and i just can't figure out why i'm supposed to care about what they're doing

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 01:01
by jawn galliano
i blame it on my privileged upbringing, and also because i'm white



the fact that i don't understand the blues, i mean

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 01:50
by droidspawn
[youtube]luwp5iZD8wQ[/youtube]



white boy blues

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 03:20
by baron von blondle
[quote name="Skinoperable"]blues honestly sounds better when erudite bowler's are at the helm[/quote]



:idea:



[quote name="Skinoperable"]



you have two options:



a) blues



b) reggae



you have to listen to either of these things non-stop for two hours. choose your fate![/quote]



Blues, dig. Reggae is like organic techno, and on and on and on and on and on...I do like me some reggae on the odd occasion though

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 03:24
by jawn galliano
well i don't hate blues per se, but the world would definitely be a better place if reggae had never existed. so blues i guess

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 04:48
by FUKKET
appreciates

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 05:02
by rhino
i dont really care for olds blues but i like the southern bluesy sludge metal sound :tvrky:

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 06:02
by Abzu
I :appreciate: it the Screamin Jay Hawkins, Muddy Waters, Ledbetter, and random raw gritty deep south blues, and the rock inspired by the blues (Hendrix :xx:::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;)



That music was pure feeling and should always be revered. :grimsanta:

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 06:05
by Abzu
[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]blues honestly sounds better when erudite bowler's are at the helm[/quote]



:idea:



[quote name="Skinoperable"]



you have two options:



a) blues



b) reggae



you have to listen to either of these things non-stop for two hours. choose your fate![/quote]



Blues, dig. Reggae is like organic techno, and on and on and on and on and on...I do like me some reggae on the odd occasion though[/quote]

I don't really enjoy reggae at all, but I do enjoy some of the West Coast stuff inspired by ska and reggae in the 80s and early gloryhole era (examples: Sublime, early Choking Victim)

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 10:06
by jawn galliano
sublime, are you goddamned kidding me?!

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 10:51
by jawn galliano
my roommate for the last couple months i lived in south carolina listened to 40 ounces in his car for the entire duration i stayed there. i never want to hear that band again for as long as i live

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 12:12
by Haunty
[quote name="Skinoperable"]while i did enjoy sublime a lot more when i was a teen, they have more or less become the white version of bob marley.[/quote]



There's some new group that's all the rage with some people I know, named something like "Pepper." They are the worst kind of shitty sublime knockoff; I went to a bar with a sexy leopard elevator I know from school and she had this shit on in the car. I have never in my life more wanted to punch an attractive chick.

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 12:31
by Haunty
I cannot be in the same room with that shit. Somebody's going to suffer the fucking fisticuffs if I hear it again.

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 12:54
by jawn galliano
wow this pepper shit is so bad. it sounds like the kind of band you'd hear opening for like a 311 show or something

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 13:40
by Abzu
[quote name="Derek Waters"]sublime, are you goddamned kidding me?![/quote]

not at all. I very much enjoy a good bit from 40 oz and the self titled.

Re: Blues appreciation...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 15:53
by Haunty
[quote name="Derek Waters"]wow this pepper shit is so bad. it sounds like the kind of band you'd hear opening for like a 311 show or something[/quote]



Bingo. That's exactly what it sounds like. :vomit: