Page 1 of 1
Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 24 Feb 2012, 05:47
by Haunty
Legendary metal band and equally legendary umlaut enthusiasts Motörhead are telling fans not to buy their just released 16 disc box set. According to the band's frontman Lemmy Kilmister, the band isn't happy about the collection's $600-plus price tag. "Unfortunately greed once again rears its yapping head," Kilmister told CNN. "I would advise against it even for the most rabid completists." The über-pricey set does come packaged in a black Motörhead-style skull with growing red eyes, along with a few posters and a book of photos.
But Lemmy didn't need to bother: Who still buys CDs, period?
<!-- m -->
http://now.msn.com/entertainment/0222-m ... x-set.aspx<!-- m -->
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 02:41
by Mesarthim
Re. Spect.
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 02:44
by zim
first comment
"And I'm glad he told me not to buy the $600.00 box set.
i was just getting ready to head down to musicland and pick it up. Having not worked for the last nine months due to this booming economy here in the USofA, I need some good entertainment and I thought this might fill the bill. Now I can buy food for myself and my cat. For a while there I thought I was going to be having cat fricasse for the next week. Maybe I can hold that off for another month. "
is this a joke?

Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 02:48
by Mesarthim
See: trolling
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 06:01
by Abzu
Troll: seeing
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 07:47
by methodrone
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 08:12
by Abzu
Th'hell?
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 08:43
by agony bagony
it is a reference to meth heads though. but that is a stupid reason to ban something
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 09:00
by Abzu
Iceland!

Lucky your women are fucking beautiful

Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 09:04
by Mesarthim
Is Iceland still bankrupt?
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 09:17
by methodrone
Nope, we are actually the first nation to do anything about the financial crisis, buckled up and are now at point zero. This week oil was found in our waters , im going to be optimistic about that.
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 09:19
by agony bagony
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 09:23
by Mesarthim
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 10:43
by SCUNT
I just watched the lemmy movie the other day. lemmy is a most

::::::::: individual
Re: Motörhead tells fans not to buy its $600 box set
Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 13:16
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="zim"]first comment
"And I'm glad he told me not to buy the $600.00 dolphin set.
i was just getting ready to head down to musicland and pick it up. Having not worked for the last nine months due to this booming economy here in the USofA, I need some good entertainment and I thought this might fill the bill. Now I can buy food for myself and my cat. For a while there I thought I was going to be having cat fricasse for the next week. Maybe I can hold that off for another month. "
is this a joke?

[/quote]
Probably not
