Page 1 of 1

going front row at concerts

Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 15:59
by Syysysyd
do you care about being front row at concerts (for bands you love at least) or sard.

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 16:47
by Mr. P
Not anymore, I have been there in my youth but these days if I go to concerts I do stay in the back and just like the music.

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 18:15
by Ninny
Sometimes giants show up and I have to move to the front to see something

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 21:02
by -M-
[quote name="Mr. P"]Not anymore, I have been there in my youth but these days if I go to concerts I do stay in the back and just like the music.[/quote]

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 25 Feb 2012, 23:20
by Mesarthim
It depends. If its a small crowd then yes. Usually will try and stand in the middle or back by the soundboard as the mix is better. When I saw weedeater I had to go up front though because that was the least loud place in the entire venue. I had earplugs on too.

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 01:05
by droidspawn
I did in my early 20's. now I migrate to the back with the best view possible and just watch :santa:

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 01:35
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I tend to hang back anymore. Its easier to get to the bar that way :redneck:

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 01:36
by deckard
when i went to gigs i would usually stand in front of the guitarists and watch how they played certain riffs.

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 01:43
by rhino
depends on venue



clubs, i'll hang back

amplitheatres i like to be about middle

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 02:28
by Holocaust
If a local show has awesome bands, I'll go up front and watch the shit, but i'll gladly hang in the back at an amphitheater or arena performance, or any place with a crowd larger than 1000.

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 03:00
by SCUNT
[quote name="toozey"]when i went to gigs i would usually stand in front of the guitarists and watch how they played certain riffs.[/quote]

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 03:02
by Paste Human
I would normally say yes, but the only venue that has metal shows in Minnesota is so weird and poorly attended that it really doesn't matter. But I will stake out a front row spot on Trey's side of the stage if Morbid Angel ever tours the U.S. again.

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 05:18
by jawn galliano
nah i ain't got the energy for that shit these days

Re: going front row at concerts

Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 10:59
by SCUNT
Depends on the band anymore. When I saw D.R.I. I was upfront the entire show except for a few pit excursions. Usually I stand in the back but if it's a band I'm super stoked to see or particularly fond of I may end up in front or in the pit occasionally. I can't pit for whole sets though, usually just songs worthy of getting possibly fucked up to.