Page 1 of 1

NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 09:59
by Mesarthim
NILE: New Album Title Announced - Mar. 7, 2012



South Carolina-based extreme technical death metallers NILE have set "At The Gate Of Sethu" as the title of their new album, due in late spring/early summer via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2009's "Those Whom The Gods Detest" is once again being produced and mixed by Neil Kernon, who has previously worked with NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, QUEENSRŸCHE and DEICIDE, among many others. NILE's guitarist/vocalist Karl Sanders previously stated about the band's new material, "Some of the drumming on this record will be boggling people's minds for years to come."



In other news, NILE will embark on an Asian tour in April/May. This will mark the band’s first time in these markets and the guys are extremely excited to be playing for their Asian metal brothers.



"The whole idea of spreading NILE's music into this part of the world has been a long time coming," said the band in a statement. "We are extremely pleased to go to there and are looking forward to an amazing cultural exchange and experience."



The dates are as follows:



Apr. 26 - Diablo Open Air - Singapore, Singapore

Apr. 28 - Hammersonic Jakarta International Metal Festival, Lapangan D - Jakarta, Indonesia

May 02 - A.U.A. Auditorium - Bangkok, Thailand (with HATE ETERNAL)

May 05 - Summer Blaze Metal Festival - New Delhi, India

May 06 - E-Zone Club - Bangalore, India



NILE will be the main support to Detroit, Michigan's melodic death metal outfit THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER on a U.S. tour in March/April. Additional support will come from SKELETONWITCH and HOUR OF PENANCE. The trek will kick off on March 24 in Grand Rapids, Michigan at The Intersection and wrap on April 20 in Worcester, Massachusetts at the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival.



"Those Whom The Gods Detest" sold 3,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 160 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at position No. 3 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 10:10
by Haunty
I like it. Those Whom blah blah blah is a gay album title anyway.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 14:55
by agony bagony
those gates had better be giant dicks

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 15:08
by Boss Primigenius
I can't get excited about Nile anymore for some reason.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 15:11
by agony bagony
not enough giant dicks in the artwork :idea: i'm the same way myself

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 20:55
by Lavabug
Good stuff.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 22:15
by Phantoon
[quote name="Boss Primigenius"]I can't get excited about Nile anymore for some reason.[/quote]

If it's a repeat of their last two albums I might forget about them altogether, TWTGD bored me shitless. Come on Nile this your chance to shine :waa:

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 23:37
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="Boss Primigenius"]I can't get excited about Nile anymore for some reason.[/quote]

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 08 Mar 2012, 23:52
by Mesarthim
I thought Those Whom the Gods Detest was pretty good. it was better than Ithyphallic and Annihilation of the Wicked

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 00:08
by agony bagony
i thought those whom was pretty good and have never been able to get into itchy phallus. AOTW is meine favorite of the nile slabs

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 00:54
by Phantoon
It was all well played but it just sounded so similar to everything else they'd done, I was bored with it in two weeks. Kem Khefa Khasef was basically Cast down the Heretic all over again, The Eye of Ra had Burning pits riffs, and 4th arra of dagon had a mesh of Eat of the dead mixed with Sarcophagus, which was so blatant as well. Less memorable riffs, most songs ending with a Dallas rant of some kind or another and I don't like the production. :piss1:

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 02:55
by jawn galliano
i definitely preferred TWTGD over the dong album, but after a month i never really felt compelled to revisit it. which is more or less how i've felt about everything they've put out since BSOV. i'll give the new one a listen but i ain't particularly hyped about it.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 03:32
by Hugo.
[quote name="The Art Of Sard"]I thought Those Whom the Gods Detest was pretty good. it was better than Ithyphallic and Annihilation of the Wicked[/quote]



:idea: I still jam it a lot. But Ive played most of Nile to death at this stage.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 04:34
by Mutilator
Those whom the gods detest was much more song-driven with hooks and stuff instead of riff over riff over riff...



And the production is the most heavy I've ever heard. The slow riffs that play while the chant of 4th Arra of Dagon is cast are so heavy as fuck as heaviness never fucked before :bang: :bang:

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 07:24
by Haunty
yeah!

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 12:10
by Grudge
oh fuc.k off Nile

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 09 Mar 2012, 20:49
by Abzu
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]i definitely preferred TWTGD over the dong album, but after a month i never really felt compelled to revisit it. which is more or less how i've felt about everything they've put out since BSOV. i'll give the new one a listen but i ain't particularly hyped about it.[/quote]

This is pretty close to how I feel. I enjoyed AotW, Itchyphallus, and TWTGD all a lot but had no real inclination to relisten much. Nothing in them grips me like BSoV and Catacombs, both of which practically scream at me to play on repeat. I still hope with each new release they will do something really captivating again, but I am repeatedly disappoint.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 10 Mar 2012, 02:41
by SCUNT
[quote name="scunty mcscunterson"]not enough giant dicks in the artwork :idea: i'm the same way myself[/quote]



Image

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 10 Mar 2012, 03:57
by deckard
i sard meh

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 10 Mar 2012, 21:27
by Phantoon
I only heard about Nile before they released Ithyphallic, so that was my first of their albums. I thought it was incredible and listened to it constantly. Then I bought BSOV, IITD, ATCON, AOTW. So I realised that Ithyphallic was meh in comparison :redneck: though I think a couple of songs from it are the best they've done personally like Even the gods must die, As he creates so He destroys, Eat of the dead etc.



Listened to ATCON last night. Holy shit, Opening of the mouth :xx: :xx: :xx:

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 10 Mar 2012, 23:16
by Abzu
I first heard Nile from an pair of mp3s someone commanded me to download (Smashing The Antiu and Barra Endinazu) and was muthafuckin hooked immediately. This was a few months before BSoV was released. Shortly after, a fellating lover from IRC who worked at a radio station (I forget where) and did a metal show received a promo copy which he, of course, ripped and shared. I was holy shit and made it a priority to buy it on release. :xx:

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 11 Mar 2012, 00:12
by Hugo.
Seth siro anton is doing the artwork :xx: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;



;::;

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 11 Mar 2012, 14:29
by Haunty
[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]Seth siro anton is doing the artwork :xx: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;



;::;[/quote]



And he, of course, is the hard-on bearer who...?

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 11 Mar 2012, 18:10
by Hugo.
He bore the hard-ons for Septicflesh's The Great mass.



Image

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 11 Mar 2012, 22:04
by Mesarthim
cool. - I always thought Nile and Septic Flesh would make for a good tour.

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 01:10
by Haunty
Now do you suppose they gave him a prompt for that art, or did they just say onetwothreego?

Re: NILE: New Album Title Announced

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 01:55
by Hugo.
They (septicflesh, not nile) work very closely with him throughout the process, apparently he's like an honorary member of the band.