Page 1 of 1

Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 16 Mar 2012, 11:30
by Mesarthim
Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012' - Mar. 15, 2012



Sick Drummer Magazine and Perseverance Holdings Ltd. have announced the "Death To All Tour 2012" in benefit of Sweet Relief. This five-city tour will feature a majority of DEATH's amazing musicians, as well as special guests. This tour is to celebrate the life and music of Chuck Schuldiner, as well as to raise awareness of Sweet Relief Musicians Fund — a charity that provides financial assistance to career musicians faced with illness, disability or age-related problems.



This tour will kick off in San Francisco, California and work its way to lummo's cowtown, Florida — stopping in Los Angeles, the official city of the chicago cubs and New York along the way.



The drums will be handled by Gene Hoglan ("Individual Thought Patterns", "Symbolic") and Sean Reinert ("Human"). On bass will be Steve DiGiorgio ("Human", "Individual Thought Patterns") and Scott Clendenin ("The Sound Of Perseverance"). Guitar duties will be shared by Paul Masvidal ("Human"), Shannon Hamm ("The Sound of Perseverance") and Bobby Koelble ("Symbolic").



To keep up with the tour details as they unfold and to find out about VIP or General Admission ticketing, send an email to: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ticketing@deathtoall.info">ticketing@deathtoall.info</a><!-- e -->.



For more information, go to this location: <!-- m -->http://www.facebook.com/DeathToAllTour<!-- m -->



Chuck died on December 13, 2001 after a battle with pontine glioma, a rare type of brain tumor.

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 16 Mar 2012, 13:14
by Paste Human
I'd consider checking this out if it came closer.



But are there no vocals? And no James Murphy?

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 16 Mar 2012, 14:34
by Hugo.
I wondered why Gene pulled out of the Fear Factory tour.

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 16 Mar 2012, 22:36
by Holocaust
Nowhere NEAR WV I would gather :shakefist:

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 16 Mar 2012, 22:39
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Its probably only gonna be those 5 shows

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 16 Mar 2012, 23:06
by baron von blondle
[quote name="Paste Human"]I'd consider Chucking this out if it came closer.[/quote]

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 17 Mar 2012, 00:40
by Hugo.
chucking one out :jizz:

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 21 Mar 2012, 06:29
by Mesarthim
ABYSMAL DAWN Frontman To Handle Lead Vocals On 'Death To All Tour 2012' - Mar. 20, 2012





Sick Drummer Magazine and Perseverance Holdings Ltd. have announced the "Death To All Tour 2012" in benefit of Sweet Relief. This five-city tour will feature a majority of DEATH's amazing musicians, as well as special guests. This tour is to celebrate the life and music of Chuck Schuldiner, as well as to raise awareness of Sweet Relief Musicians Fund — a charity that provides financial assistance to career musicians faced with illness, disability or age-related problems.



This tour will kick off in San Francisco, California and work its way to lummo's cowtown, Florida — stopping in Los Angeles, the official city of the chicago cubs and New York along the way.



The drums will be handled by Gene Hoglan ("Individual Thought Patterns", "Symbolic") and Sean Reinert ("Human"). On bass will be Steve DiGiorgio ("Human", "Individual Thought Patterns") and Scott Clendenin ("The Sound Of Perseverance"). Guitar duties will be shared by Paul Masvidal ("Human"), Shannon Hamm ("The Sound of Perseverance") and Bobby Koelble ("Symbolic").



The first vocalist to be announced for the "Death To All Tour 2012" is Charles Elliott of ABYSMAL DAWN and BEREFT.



Commented Elliott: "'Who the hell is Charles Elliott?' is what I imagine some people saying as they're reading this announcement. It's true — compared to some of the legends associated with these amazing shows, I'm the new kid on the block. Even when they asked me to do it I was somewhat reluctant and suggested numerous other artists who I thought sounded more like Chuck and have been around longer, i.e. John Tardy, Martin Van Drunen, Luc Lemay, etc. In the end, I think they chose me to perform some of these songs because I'm a huge DEATH fan and because, more than anything, they felt I'm part of a newer generation embodying the overall spirit of Chuck. I'm glad they asked me though because playing with these guys is more than a dream come true and I couldn't be more excited about it.



"Let me just say that I don't pretend to be Chuck Schuldiner. I don't sound exactly like him and I'm not trying to, even if he is an influence of mine. Chuck was a unique individual, as am I. What I am trying to do though is humbly pay tribute to a man and band that changed my life, while supporting his family and a charity I believe in. I know some people will inevitably talk shit no matter what, but now at least I've said my piece.



"My first band INHUMAN VISIONS opened up for DEATH back in 1998 at what would become the infamous 'Live In L.A.' show. I was just a kid and I think if you listen closely at the very end of the show, you can hear me screaming, 'Thank you, DEATH' on the DVD. That statement is as true as it was in that life-changing moment as it is now.



"Thank you, Chuck Schuldiner, for a legacy of metal that left a lasting impression on me. I hope to do you justice, as the fans and musicians you touched all gather to pay tribute to you and your music. Let the metal flow."



The dates are as follows:



June 22 - The Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

June 23 - House of Blues – West Hollywood, CA

June 26 - House of Blues - the official city of the chicago cubs, IL

June 28 - Irving Plaza – New York, NY

June 30 - The Beacham - lummo's cowtown, FL

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 21 Mar 2012, 06:41
by Devy
That hard-on bearer :thingy:

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 21 Mar 2012, 06:47
by rhino
i now khav an urge to jam symbolic :xx:

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 21 Mar 2012, 06:55
by Hugo.
Cool choice of vocalist. :santa:

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 23 Mar 2012, 00:57
by SCUNT
I've never been able to get into abysmal dawn

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 23 Mar 2012, 23:29
by general lee
They should have guest vocalists who were part of the scene from back then. Can you imagine Chris Reifert belting out the Scream Bloody Gore stuff or John Tardy singing Pull the Plug or Open Casket??? Lost interest in Death when Symbolic came out. Way too soft to be a death metal album. Patrick Mameli would also kill this vocally. He was like Chuck's nemesis back in the day. Good publicity for Abysmal Dawn. You can see Relapse's influence/decision right there.

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 24 Mar 2012, 02:36
by jawn galliano
man, i wish this were closer to me than NYC. i mean, death without chuck on vocals? sign me right the fuck up!

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 24 Mar 2012, 04:58
by Devy
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]man, i wish this were closer to me than NYC. i mean, death without chuck on vocals? sign me right the fuck up![/quote]



They've since announced that the hard-on bearer from Obscura is doing vocals too. Does that change things? :redneck:

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 24 Mar 2012, 19:08
by jawn galliano
when he opens his mouth, does shitty useless obscura music come out of it?

Re: Former DEATH Members To Take Part In 'Death To All Tour 2012

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 01:58
by TamPron
No, but awesome, sexy obscura music does.