Page 1 of 1

anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 06:56
by deckard
[youtube]emrBZZtGFgI[/youtube]



:grimxx:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 06:58
by Devy
[youtube]Y6ljFaKRTrI[/youtube]

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 07:08
by deckard
naughty devy :shake:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 07:09
by Devy
It's still a good song Image

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 07:12
by deckard
Image

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 07:25
by Lavabug
yessir

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 08:47
by droidspawn
portal appreciationz :santa:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 12:26
by zim
I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.



[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube]

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 18:37
by M.Bison
Damn I always had these guys as a noise/SUNNO))) type outfit. Pretty cool stuff now I've actually bothered to listen properly. :santa:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 18:48
by Mutilator
Nice musical approach, but the drummer is too weak in this band.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 23:31
by agony bagony
i have given them a few listens but cant seem to get into them. however my first thought was what devy posted in which case :xx:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 23:32
by deckard
this band is a vortex of evil

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 23:37
by droidspawn
stargazer is most :xx:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 23:40
by deckard
link me!

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 23:52
by droidspawn
I have great work of ages, haven't checked out the first one yet.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 26 Mar 2012, 07:42
by Olden Polynice
Writing a Portal tab would be almost impossible. :xx:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 30 Mar 2012, 18:35
by Hallucinating dead
great bands, thanks MABB and the blade runner duder who made the thread :xx: :xx:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 03:07
by methodrone
[quote name="zim"]I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.



[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]





Are you being serious?

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 03:31
by Holocaust
I dig me some Portal but I will listen to this Stargazer in the immediate future

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 03:34
by Hallucinating dead
I liked that song the most Zim posted, i dont know why he dont like it :huh:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 06:54
by zim
[quote name="methodrone"]
[quote name="zim"]I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.



[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]





Are you being serious?[/quote]



yes



i don't have a boner for terrible production.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 07:14
by methodrone
Saying that their music has poor production is completely missing the point, it's part of the whole disengrated music concept. Being a proclaimed avant garde metal fan I thought you might get that. So it might sound like poor production but ultimately is part of a bigger theme ,therefore perfect for their style.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 07:35
by zim
i had a feeling you said something like that. i understand what it's going for but that muddy sound just doesn't work for me. you can have good production and still capture that chaotic, dark atmosphere. there has to be a line between complete noise and something musical. i personally feel like portal is on that edge of almost complete noise at times.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 08:08
by methodrone
why should there be a rule?

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 08:16
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
people have tabbed out portal songs before, go on the rivers of gore forum. a lot of trem picking on the 7th and 8th strings

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 16:18
by Hallucinating dead
I dont know about others, but i really liked it, its weirdness and the way it flows.. :xx:

not everyone can write such thing, i dont understand the technicalities.. good riffs are good riffs.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 23:17
by deckard
the production suits the music, this band is a vortex of pure fucking evil.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 06:40
by zim
[quote name="methodrone"]why should there be a rule?[/quote]

[quote name="Skinoperable"]nothing wrong with noise :santa:[/quote]





i didn't mean to imply that there should be a rule. all i'm saying is that i want to hear all the instruments without them becoming a singular unintelligible noise.



this production simply ruins the music for me, it's difficult to comprehend what i'm hearing. better production would not hinder portal.

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 10:07
by Holocaust
I dig when an album sounds like it's being played through an old phonograph :idea:

Re: anyone into portal?

Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 11:16
by Haunty
[quote name="Skinoperable"]not enough sweeps? :redneck:[/quote]



too many notes