Page 1 of 1

HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 00:22
by Hugo.
Canadian technical death metal pioneers GORGUTS, have been added to the DEATH TO ALL TOUR 2012! The history and legend that is this band surely makes the tour that much more interesting. Luc Lemay, Gorguts' founder and frontman, is a legend himself and we could not be any more excited about this announcement. Gorguts will be opening all shows up to but not including lummo's cowtown. Here is the official statement about the tour from Luc:



“If I owe one person regarding the fact that I chose to become a Death Metal musician in life, I totally

owe this to Chuck Schuldiner.



Back in 86-87 I was already a fan of the genre with Possessed’s 'Seven Churches', Celtic Frost’s 'Morbid Tales' and Hellhammer’s 'Apocalyptic Raids'. But the day I put my hand, DEATH’s 'Scream Bloody Gore' cassette tape, my life changed. All I wanted was to become a guitar player, playing death metal and singing with a raw, evil and fruital voice like Chuck.



So here I am, twenty five years later, as passionate as day one. Being on stage paying homage to this amazingly visionary and creative artist, Chuck Schuldiner. In my heart I see him as important as any composer of the 20th and 21st centuries. He created a language and a musical esthetic that will never be forgotten.”



DEATH TO ALL 2012 – In benefit of Sweet Relief (sweetrelief.org). This 5 city tour will feature a majority of DEATH's amazing musicians, as well as special guests. This tour is to celebrate the life and music of Chuck Schuldiner, as well as to raise awareness of Sweet Relief Musicians Fund – a charity that provides financial assistance to career musicians faced with illness, disability or age-related problems.



<!-- m -->http://www.sickdrummermagazine.com/inde ... pport.html<!-- m -->

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 00:23
by zim
i wanna go :tear:

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 00:34
by Devy
I wonder if Luc will do some vocals during the main set too, that'd be cool

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 01:11
by agony bagony
so it's a five-city tour and gorguts is playing the first four shows but not the fifth show



:necro:

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 01:13
by Hugo.
Florida is sticky :judge:



Luc dont like it the hispanic oranges too.

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 01:15
by agony bagony
well that is silly and the fact that it's only a five-city tour is even sillier

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 01:25
by Hugo.
You can sing that. I dont get it. Its for a charity, yet only 5 dates. It doesnt add up.

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 03:28
by Mesarthim
that's it, i'm going to this.

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 03:29
by Mesarthim
fuck a duck, why not lummo's cowtown!?

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 03:46
by Devy
[quote name="Skinoperable"]this would be more exciting if it were a new gorguts album[/quote]



As it happens, I looked into that the other day. Herr Longstreth says the album is done and is being shopped around to labels. Christ knows why they weren't immediately signed, but the world is clearly an odd place.

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 04:07
by Devy
No doubt you've heard this already, but it can't be posted enough times



[youtube]wEX5n3_p254[/youtube]

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 04:35
by Paste Human
[quote name="ham slice"]well that is silly and the fact that it's only a five-city tour is even sillier[/quote]



Maybe the guys involved simply can't afford to devote a lot of time to this tour if the profits are going to charity.



But with a tour this limited I'm surprised they don't at least set up a few cameras and offer high quality footage for a small fee or a recommended donation.

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 04:42
by agony bagony
[quote name="The Art Of Sard"]fuck a duck, why not lummo's cowtown!?[/quote]



the fact that you have to ask this question answers it :judge:

Re: HOLY CHRIST ON A TRICYCLE

Posted: 28 Mar 2012, 06:29
by Hugo.
[quote name="Paste Human"]
[quote name="ham slice"]well that is silly and the fact that it's only a five-city tour is even sillier[/quote]



Maybe the guys involved simply can't afford to devote a lot of time to this tour if the profits are going to charity.



But with a tour this limited I'm surprised they don't at least set up a few cameras and offer high quality footage for a small fee or a recommended donation.[/quote]



They could well do that. :idea:



I know gene took time off from Fear Factory to do this, so it's probably the case with everyone else too.



This sounds lime a fucking KILLER night. :thingy: