Page 1 of 1

New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 21:15
by Exorsexist
Sounds really good :beer: No tech wankery or uberfast blastbeats. Also reminds me of their first release.



[youtube]2Y0JCCwG0ww[/youtube]

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 21:52
by Mr. P
This doesn't sound bad, shame the audio is what it is.

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 21:53
by Devy
:interessant:

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 22:27
by agony bagony
the audio isnt too bad. the riffery in the first 45 or so seconds sounds like ein lashed to the slave stick

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 22:33
by agony bagony
that was kind of neato. i dig the mid-tempo first half and the shredding second half - i dont listen to nile much these days but my foggy recollection of the last two records is "it sounds like they are trying to top themselves all the time speed-wise." that could be wrong. but this song is not what my impression of new nile has been, so :interessant:



also according to mr. setlist.fm that song is entitled "supreme humanism of megalomania"

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 22:47
by Devy
Supureme* at least according to Mr "Poopsinhispans"

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 23:05
by agony bagony
:autocorrect:

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 29 Mar 2012, 23:15
by Hugo.
This sounds fucking killer :greenie:

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 30 Mar 2012, 01:22
by Lavabug
:fonz:

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 30 Mar 2012, 03:33
by Haunty
[quote name="Devy"]Supureme* at least according to Mr "Poopsinhispans"[/quote]



meglomania*

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 30 Mar 2012, 14:25
by vO)))id
Yes! This is some really good stuff :idea:

I loved their last release (good one in a long time imo) - interested in this album for sure.

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 08:11
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
this has me WAY more interested in new nile, compared to the previous teaser tracks for ithy and twtgd. badass song, hope the new record is more about this and less about speed and blasting

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 09:45
by Haunty
I guarantee it'll be at least partially be about speed and blasting. Karl's already talking up the drumming.

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 12:50
by zim
would be nice to hear some interesting drumming

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 20:18
by Abzu
I really want to check this new one out. I'm hoping they go more epic and atmospheric.

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 20:26
by Phantoon
[quote name="Abzu"]I really want to check this new one out. I'm hoping they go more epic and atmospheric.[/quote]

I hope so too. It would be much more interesting than just trying to outdo themselves with speed and wanky guitar :zzz:

Re: New Nile song

Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 20:33
by Abzu
[quote name="So Callous"]
[quote name="Abzu"]I really want to check this new one out. I'm hoping they go more epic and atmospheric.[/quote]

I hope so too. It would be much more interesting than just trying to outdo themselves with speed and wanky guitar :zzz:[/quote]

:idea: