Page 1 of 1
death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 13:38
by zim
@ 3:03ish - I thought this was funny but then it was sad.
[youtube]s50x3E8IHKQ[/youtube]
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 13:42
by Mr. P
Well, like he said. If you get old and do nothing. I know his pain.
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 13:53
by Paste Human
Pete would have kept playing
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 13:59
by zim
i think pete played until he couldn't
some of those last live videos with him playing he screwed up a lot
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 14:03
by Paste Human
Yeah I was just joking. Before the surgery there was plenty of gossip about Pete and drugs.
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 15:19
by Holocaust
His posture is
I'm sure 25 years of death metal drumming will take a lot out of you but shit...
Also, WRONG FUCKING FORUM.
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 18:38
by agony bagony
this is a music-related thread; how is this the wrong forum

Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 18:48
by Paste Human
Because it used to be in Free Discussion

Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:40
by agony bagony
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:20
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I moved it

Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:38
by Abzu
How many old death metal drummers are we going to see drop out for situations like Pete's over the next five or ten years?
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 22:14
by Phantoon
Gene Hoglan perhaps ? despite his weight he appears to have good technique and could avoid injury.
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 04:56
by Shredlord
[quote name="Skinoperable"]sitting on a stool with no back support playing death metal for hours for over half of your life? yeah, that'd fuck anyone's back up.[/quote]
And having a monitor blasting your head at point-blank range will also kill your hearing! However, I imagine that most drummers wear earplugs--Pete does. So does Trey, for that matter.
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 05:06
by zim
Do you have any hearing damage, Shredlord? I remember you saying it was one of the reasons you stopped the death metal blastage?
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 06:06
by Shredlord
[quote name="zim"]Do you have any hearing damage, Shredlord? I remember you saying it was one of the reasons you stopped the death metal blastage?[/quote]
Yes, I have tinnitus, and I notice some actual hearing loss--more so in my left ear--and I even wore earplugs. I didn't when I was in a high school band, nor did I wear them to shows at first. I imagine a lot of the damage was already done, but another solid 10 years of deafening metal didn't help. It was just obscenely loud in our studio--we measured a peak of 130db! We couldn't even hear our drummer, who hit HARD, so we ran his triggers through our PA system. It was fruital...and rather stupid in retrospect! When we opened for Morbid Angel in 1999 and Trey wanted to hear his guitar through my rig during the sound check, he flinched and covered his ears when I hit a few chords!
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 04:19
by Mutilator
Pete "Commando" Sandoval
APRIL 09 2012
WELL, HERE I AM ONCE AGAIN WELCOMING YOU ALL TO MY NEW, FRESH, RESURRECTED, MUCH IMPROVED AND REVAMPED FAN PAGE.
THE ONE AND ONLY: OFFICIAL PAGE OF PETE "COMMANDO" SANDOVAL!!!
'DON'T LET OTHER FAKE ONES DECEIVE YOU MY FRIENDS AND FRANKLY I NEED MORE SUPPORT THAN EVEN NOW....
FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU ABOUT MY ALMOST DONE AND FINISHED FIRST DRUM DVD VIDEO I'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR ABOUT A WHILE NOW.
WELL MY LOYAL MORBID AND TERRORIZER FANS! I MUST TELL YOU THAT THERE WILL BE AN 'EXTREME AND fruital, KILLER 'TRAILER' B4 THE VIDEO IS AVAILABLE VERY SOON, AND YOU ALL WILL GET TO SEE IT AND EXPERIENCE IT'S FANTASTIC AND EXPLODING SCENES OF 'HORDES OF ZOMBIES' MUSIC AND DESTRUCTION! IN ANOTHER WORDS, YOU'LL GET TO SEE AND HEAR ME PLAYING 8 fruital SONGS FROM NEW TERRORIZER'S ALBUM 'HORDES OF ZOMBIES' AND W/ DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLES! HOW DO U LIKE THAT HA? FUCK YEAH CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT I TELL YOU.....\m/ THE TRAILER AND THE DVD ARE GONNA KILL AND DESTROY!!! AND I BET IT WILL SATISFY MANY HUNGRY NEEDS YOU HAVE AS A DRUMMER AND GRIND MUSIC LOVER!!!
BUT REMEMBER EVERYBODY! I STILL HAVE PLENTY OF THE T-SHIRT BUNDLES TO SELL (LIKE THE ONES BEFORE.) I AM ADDING A TERRORIZER ONE AS WELL SOON, BUT FIRST I NEED TO GET RID OF HUNDREDS I HAVE NOW .... I'M ALSO ADDING OTHER ITEMS SUCH USED AND AUTOGRAPHED DRUMSTICKS, AND OF COURSE SOON I HOPE TO ADD MY KILLER 'HORDES OF ZOMBIES' INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FILLED WITH SEVERAL fruital DRUM SOLOS AND OF COURSE EXPLANATIONS AND I'LL DEMONSTRATE YOU HOW I LEARNED CERTAIN IMPORTANT DRUM BEATS WE ALL NEED TO LEARN TO PLAY EXTREME AND fruital.
FOR THE GRIND/DEATH/BLACK/SPEED METAL FANS!!
AND OF COURSE I'LL SHOW YOU MY TECHNIQUES AND EXERCISES FOR SUCH EXTREME fruital DRUM BEATS!!! ETC. ETC.....IT'LL BE MUCH THAN WORTH MY LOYAL FRIENDS AND FANS OF MY DRUMMING......CHEERSSSSSS
I´LL KEEP YOU POSTED AND INFORMED ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENTS FOR MY VIDEO AND OF COURSE THIS KILLER 'TRAILER OF THE VIDEO' THAT'S GONNA BE FANTASTIC I BET YA!
SO MY FRIENDS, I STILL HOPE FOR YOUR MUCH NEEDED HELP AND SUPPORT!!! I NEED IT TO KEEP GOING STRONG, HEALTHY AND TO PREPARE FOR THE ANTICIPATED AND SO MUCH AWAITED TERRORIZER WORLD TOUR! THAT´S GONNA COME SOON!...AND OF COURSE OF DRUM CLINICS I MAY GET INTO SOON THIS YEAR.....HMMMMMMM
SO PLEASE WILL YOU GO AND VISIT MY SHOP WHERE I HAVE SEVERAL ITEMS, SUCH MY T-SHIRT BUNDLE! AND START PUTTING SOME ORDERS IN MY FRIENDS???? I BELIEVE ALL THE INFO. OF HOW TO ORDER IS THERE IN MY 'SHOP' PAGE....BUT REGARDLESS, I WILL POST THE PICTURE OF MY T-SHIRT BUNDLE WITH SOME INFO. PRETTY SOON, AND I HOPE TO SEE SOME ORDERS ON MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT, AND REMEMBER YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE PAYPAL TO ORDER! ...I BELIEVE MY <!-- e --><a href="mailto:
petecommandosandoval@gmail.com">
petecommandosandoval@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> is the primary email address you guys will send the payments to....but I will make clear of that soon......for now I hope to see some orders placed soon so that I can start making packages right away and mail them right away as well since I have a new Team to help me now and not the old one( Otto) Fired!!!! for personal reasons...but my buddy ken karnig is joining me to really help me and not make tons of people wait like the first time, but like I said my new 'Commando Team' is really gonna take care of the job the right way....
SO THANK YOU EVERYBODY! WELCOME TO A NEW BEGINNING AND SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!!!
REMEMBER: IF IT´S NOT EXTREME, HEAVY AND FAST, THEN IT´S NOT PETE "COMMANDO" SANDOVAL \m/v
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 04:34
by zim
...I think I might buy some Pete Sandoval gear
drum inspiration

Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 18:29
by Abzu
I figured he'd fire Otto eventually.
I really don't think Pete will be heading back to Morbid Angel.
Re: death metal and getting old
Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 18:35
by agony bagony
[quote name="Mutilator"]VIDEO I'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR ABOUT A WHILE NOW[/quote]
