Page 1 of 1

I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 13:39
by Paste Human
I just found out about him a few hours ago. So far so good, although I can't imagine listening to this kind of music for long periods of time, or even frequently. Also until I saw a photo I assumed he was black :huh:



[youtube]jm3LEmFFj2g[/youtube]

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 14:18
by droidspawn
mule variations, bone machine and swordfishtrombones are some of the favorite albums of all time. Welcome to the win that is Tom Waits :santa:



[youtube]1wfamPW3Eaw[/youtube]

[youtube]49tTzEifY6M[/youtube]

[youtube]yod51lr3F0U[/youtube]

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 14:49
by Paste Human
Cool, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for this hard-on bearer next time I hit up the record store.

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 14:50
by Paste Human
Oh and I also love that he attached strings to a dumpster to create an instrument (according to a Letterman interview). :redneck:

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 15:27
by droidspawn
he has 20+ albums but the most important to pick are:



Small Change

Nighthawks at the Diner

Swordfishtrombones (where the change started)

Rain Dogs

Bone Machne

Mule Variations (my personal favorite)

Bad as Me (just came out last year)

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 15:29
by Holocaust
His acting roles are badass



Dracula :xx:



Wristcutters :xx:

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 15:33
by Paste Human
I'm listening to the older stuff now. Very nice.



I wonder if Mark Wahlberg has ever been offered to play this hard-on bearer on screen?

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 16:13
by FUKKET
[quote name="Holocaust"]His acting roles are badass



Dracula :xx:



Wristcutters :xx:[/quote]

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 16:14
by FUKKET
If you're into Primus, you should be aware he does lots with thems

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:33
by Mesarthim
tom waits :xx:

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:39
by Abzu
This is like zim never having eaten ham.

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 01:02
by jawn galliano
also get rain dogs. and orphans has lots of good tunage on it as well :santa:

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 01:48
by droidspawn
tom waits :xx:



the wire :xx:



it is a glorious combination.

Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits

Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 14:10
by Boss Primigenius
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]also get rain dogs[/quote]



:idea:



Another one I don't have on my phone for the drive home :tear: