Page 1 of 1
Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 04 Apr 2012, 17:41
by Lavabug
Go forth, appreciate:
[youtube]2Dx8TP9UMX8[/youtube]
[youtube]f0_10xYR9VQ[/youtube]

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 04 Apr 2012, 21:02
by shadowalk
Appreciate

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 02:57
by Devy
The lack of appreciation in this thread is quite distressing
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 04:09
by Mutilator
[quote name="shadowalk"]Appreciate

[/quote]
This band is awesome!!!

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 04:40
by Mesarthim
pity they never did anything else. that album is a classic.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 04:58
by Devy
They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 22:51
by Verbal
the two appalling spawn albums are worth throwing your ears at
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 22:59
by Hugo.
[quote name="The Art Of Sard"]pity they never did anything else. that album is a classic.[/quote]
They sounded like a band with a lot more to give

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 17:58
by Verbal
i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 00:52
by Lavabug
I'm trying to get my hands on the elvenefris shirt + dual CD reissue from the label but they're taking their sweet-ass time to send me an invoice. Remastered version + a tee is pretty neat:

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 01:56
by Hugo.
[quote name="Devy"]They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]they were supposed to release something under lykathe but that's probably never going to happen

[/quote]
[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]
WTF is going on in this thread?
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 02:31
by Aaron
I'd fucking loved their only album. If only the shit under Lykathe actually happens. The quality of the music is way too good to just be a one album wonder.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 03:15
by Lavabug
[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]
[quote name="Devy"]They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]they were supposed to release something under lykathe but that's probably never going to happen

[/quote]
[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]
WTF is going on in this thread?[/quote]
A whole lot of not giving a fuck what anyone else said, it seems.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 03:42
by Hugo.
Thanks for acknowledging me.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 04:03
by Devy
Devy's a trendsetter, that's what! Yeah! Woo!
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 05:28
by Lavabug
[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]Thanks for acknowledging me.

[/quote]

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 12 Apr 2012, 02:14
by Verbal
[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]
[quote name="Devy"]They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]they were supposed to release something under lykathe but that's probably never going to happen

[/quote]
[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]
WTF is going on in this thread?[/quote]
my post was my way of pointing out what skinner had done.
and i had a five euro bet with myself that no one would notice
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 17 Apr 2012, 23:00
by Lavabug
Got the dual disc remastered version in the mail today. Spun a few tracks and apparently sounds much, much clearer than the original. Haven't heard the bonus tracks yet. Ripped that shit at 256k onto my mp3 player. Booklet is pretty cool. The tee is pretty high quality too, not the typical cheap crap. Hurray for non-black band shirts!
So yeah definitely worth getting the package from the label if you dig this band.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 17 Apr 2012, 23:04
by Devy
Is that new? I can't find it to buy anywhere, I might have to search the blogs.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 17 Apr 2012, 23:09
by Lavabug
[quote name="Devy"]Is that new? I can't find it to buy anywhere, I might have to search the blogs.[/quote]
The remaster + tee reissue came out last year, check the official label: <!-- m -->
http://eshop.obscene.cz/eshop/LYKATHEA% ... %20Z73673A<!-- m -->
I got two compilation CD's and a shit ton of flyers and stickers for some Czech festival as a bonus too.

No idea what bands are on it yet, but the artwork on the cd's is cool.
It was around 26€ shipped to the anus of Spain.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 17 Apr 2012, 23:23
by Devy
Money's a bit tight, so I've found a download to tide me over. If it's the eargasm I'm expecting though, I'll definitely jump on this at some point soon

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 00:17
by Devy
I'm amazed by how much better this version sounds, it's ridiculous!

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 00:40
by Lavabug
Yeah its like a "guitar-tab friendly" version of the album. Drums, vocals and guitars all have their own space, Ican even hear guitar parts I never heard before on the original! The extra tracks are pretty interesting, glad I bought this.
I'm thinking the 2nd CD (original version) is included in a sort of "lend 1 to your friends!" vibe... but I have no friends to lend it to.
Nespithe needs a remaster like this.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 01:50
by Mesarthim
Devy post a link to thAt shit in FS
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 03:41
by Lavabug
Buy that shit yo! Maybe an up in sales will motivate them to do something under the Lykathe banner.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 03:42
by Verbal
i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 05:21
by Lavabug
i love you
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 06:25
by Mesarthim
Don't encourage him.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 17:12
by Mutilator
Although I already own the cd and the shirt for years,
I'll go buy this remaster anyway since it's a killer album.
Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 23:50
by Lavabug
Damn, that one looks even better, mine is beige and there is no back/side print.
Been listening to the remaster all day.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 24 Apr 2012, 09:22
by Mutilator
Thanks. On youtube I found this info in the comments be some poster named blackwaterpark:
<!-- m -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzTYw7kr ... re=related<!-- m -->
It's a year old but he says they have added a new singer,a female, and have some songs written. Best of all, the drummer is healed from his leginjury that caused the band to dissolve in the first place. He does live session drumming for Maniac Butcher atm.
[quote name="Lavabug"]I'm trying to get my hands on the elvenefris shirt + dual CD reissue from the label but they're taking their sweet-ass time to send me an invoice. Remastered version + a tee is pretty neat:

[/quote]
The language barrier on their page is annoying. I've now gotten a confirmation mail of the order.
So I gotta wait for an email with their invoice wich contains a link to paypal I guess?
Can't wait for this: It's not just remastered but also remixed

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 25 Apr 2012, 18:31
by Mutilator
[youtube]i7inlxF5NtI[/youtube]
[youtube]r1uqY8pZI8o[/youtube]
Awesome! Never heard these versions before

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.
Posted: 10 May 2012, 02:10
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]
i don't know, man. i'm just not sure.