Page 1 of 1
nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 09:30
by neckred
which do you prefer and why?
now you don't have to like either to vote in this thread, because I really don't like either one myself.
I vote nu-metal, not much good stuff here, but a few good bands were lumped in this genre.
overall I just find it less annoying than metalcore, soloing for the sake of it is just as bad as not soloing for the sake of it.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 09:33
by Noyka
Metalcore, I like more core bands than nu-metal by far.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 11:20
by shadowalk
Nu-metal. Aside from the fact that I grew up with it and witnessed its evolution, I like how it's still a much more straight-to-the-point medium than metalcore.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 11:26
by Teresa
There are a handful of good nu-metal bands. (early Coal Chamber, Static-X, Kittie, Fear Factory), what does metalcore have?
anywho, Noyka, I spy Robyn! your avi is free of flaws.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 11:34
by droidspawn
nu metal for the simple fact that the deftones will
always get lumped in with it. Also, I wasn't aware of deathcore having one decent band
Noyka enlighten us please.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 05 Apr 2012, 17:27
by agony bagony
neithercore
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 01:12
by Hallucinating dead
I cant understand why metalcore bands call themselves metal-core. I cant find any metal or hardcore influences in it.
This best metal+hardcore
[youtube]sw3o-D551d4[/youtube]
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 01:23
by zim
i'd probably go nu-metal because I'M JUST A salad bar
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 01:55
by Syysysyd
If BTBAM or Black Dahlia is metalcore then metalcore.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 02:04
by Abzu
Nu metal by a mile. It at least has a handful of bands worth listening to.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 02:05
by Abzu
[quote name="zim"]i'd probably go nu-metal because I'M JUST A salad bar[/quote]
Your title would seem to suggest otherwise.

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 02:35
by Devy
I used to like some metalcore bands, assuming Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage and Chimaira count. They always got touted as said anyway. Because of this, I vote for said.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 02:46
by Holocaust
I used to dig me some Chimaira but they got stale like old crackers.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 03:21
by zim
[quote name="Abzu"]
[quote name="zim"]i'd probably go nu-metal because I'M JUST A salad bar[/quote]
Your title would seem to suggest otherwise.

[/quote]

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 03:28
by rhino
nu metal
[youtube]ZgVV9XQyI2Y[/youtube]
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 03:30
by droidspawn
nothingface

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 07:29
by FUKKET
I'm going to guess Nu-metal for me... as I think I'd rather listen to the first 4 or so Korn albums over recent core stuff with screaming vocals & breakdowns for the sake of breakdowns.
But Korn is the only Nu-metal I have.
And I don't think I have any metal-core bands in my collection (i'm still not 100% sure what metal-core is... and iSard researching as such)
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 08:07
by agony bagony
[quote name="Beer [Bot]":3pssbsg9]nothingface

[/quote]
i saw them open for sepultura in i think 01 and they were fuuuuuuuuuu
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 08:18
by droidspawn
cking awesome. yeah they pretty good. wish i could've seen them.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 08:23
by agony bagony
they pooped in the bed. it was disappointing
i think that was the time i saw hatebreed too and their fans rolled around in the poop and got it all up in the sheets
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 08:28
by jawn galliano
metalcore, only because i heard converge described as metalcore once. and converge > all numetal
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 08:44
by droidspawn
converge are too awesome to be called metalcore. I'd call them a rip roarin' good time

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 09:05
by FUKKET
really? Converge metalcore?
I like them. A lot.

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 09:19
by jawn galliano
i ain't sayin' i agree with the assessment, but i heard it once
i'm super excited for the new album

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 09:22
by droidspawn
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 10:01
by neckred
Tool has been labeled nu-metal at times though, as well Deftones, both of which >>>>> Converge to me
but I do like some older Converge
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 10:13
by FUKKET
[quote name="Beer [Bot]":23xufcnz]

[/quote]
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 06 Apr 2012, 11:07
by Shredlord
Are those my only choices?
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 01:46
by vO)))id
nu-metal
I'll listen to korn, limb bizkit (i know, it's bad) or deftones any day if I'd have to choose between those two.
fucking gay ass poser emo metalcore shit.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 02:04
by Mesarthim
This thread makes me sad.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 03:03
by Abzu
[quote name="tuned beer"]nu-metal
I'll listen to korn, limb bizkit (i know, it's bad) or deftones any day if I'd have to choose between those two.
fucking gay ass poser emo metalcore shit.[/quote]
This.
Metalcore bullshit is nothing more than an attempt at making metal accessible. Nu Metal was at least initially trying to do something its own.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 03:05
by droidspawn
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 03:29
by Hallucinating dead
Well both metalcore and nu-metal call themselves metal... but failed.
But yes metalcore is becoming a more big trendy scene. Atleast nu-metal is not about crying hard because your girlfriend dissed you like most of the core bands do.

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 22:27
by deckard
metalcore
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 08 Apr 2012, 02:27
by Hugo.
Nu metal was so adorable with it's kind of westside gangsta/entourage vibe going.
But I wont lie and say it didnt get me into heavier music.

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 08 Apr 2012, 23:30
by jawn galliano
numetal and rapcore had a lot of things in common
the largest and most important of those being neither one should be allowed to exist
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 00:52
by Abzu
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]numetal and rapcore had a lot of things in common
the largest and most important of those being neither one should be allowed to exist[/quote]
Both sprang from the fertile womb of FNM. They may have been retarded children of said, but children nonetheless.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 04:05
by Abzu
[quote name="Skinoperable"]deftones were/are lumped in with nu-metal, so that.[/quote]
The most

band in all the categorizing of that sort.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 16:07
by Ninny
nu
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 07:48
by FUKKET
[quote name="Abzu"]
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]numetal and rapcore had a lot of things in common
the largest and most important of those being neither one should be allowed to exist[/quote]
Both sprang from the fertile womb of FNM. They may have been retarded children of said, but children nonetheless.[/quote]

Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 10:00
by Abzu
our lord and master invented both genres as an April Fools prank.
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 10:20
by agony bagony
[quote name="ham slice"]neithercore[/quote]
Re: nu-metal or metalcore?
Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 12:28
by FUKKET
[quote name="ham slice"]
[quote name="ham slice"]neithercore[/quote][/quote]
