Page 1 of 1
Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 02:52
by Devy
Have you got a favourite track on the newest Gorod yet? I'm balls deep in Elements and Spirit in this period
[youtube]aKf9Xzj1_0Y[/youtube]
If we keep talking about it, maybe more people will like it

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 04:48
by Hugo.
5000 at the funeral. Been that way since I heard it first. That riff at 4:10

Best musical moment in years.
Carved in the wind is a close second
But as an album, it has it the consistency though.
I kept skipping element and spirit, so now it has the feel of a bonus track.

Its got kind of a happy/pop vibe to it. Dont even get me started on the bossa nove win that is varangian paradise
They took 5000... of youtube for some reason.
I got pretty shy when I was chatting to gorod on monday, its weird the people I get starstruck around, Joe Payne etc

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 05:02
by Devy
5000...is definitely my second favourite track on the album, every moment is fucking amazing, but the part you mentioned really stands out. Did they play it live when you saw them?
Also, stop skipping Elements and Spirit! I was put off by the uncharacteristic happiness of the intro too, but it all gels together into a really good song.
Did you talk to their drummer? He was really chatty when I met them. I remember yelling the standard "Amazing show, mate" at Mathieu after they'd played too, but he seemed busy. Next time, I'll yell louder.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 05:18
by Hugo.
Mat and the other guitarist are both really shy it seems. The drummer is realy chatty yeah, i think his english is the best it would seem.
They didnt play 5000, they played the Axe of God, Carved in wind and birds of sulphur off the new one. Funny, because people were asking for 5000, but it didnt really matter in the end, such was the quality of the show. The singer is an awesome duder haha what a lunatic. He sang church of deviance too with SOP. Man, they really rocked the place out of it though. Besides being my favourite band of the night, they were the best received band too. Theres so much vitality in every one of their songs. Plus they felt liked they played for the longest despite plaing the shortest set, I mean that the good way obviously.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 05:33
by Devy
Maybe they're finally on the verge of being huge!
I'll be scouring Youtube for live videos of Birds of Sulphur at some point, I bet that was epic as hell.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 05:44
by Hugo.
Yeah it was a CRACKING opening. The little stop in that awesome riff had everyone fucking smiling at each other.Gorod show: longest case of sustained goosebumps ever experienced.

Its funny cos the hard-on bearer next to me had the exact same opinions on the band and the night and was wearing the same perfect absolution shirt as me. I felt like we were kids queuing for a very french and very awesome santa claus.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 05:50
by Devy
Now I regret not going to see them, but they were the only band on that tour who I was really that fussed about seeing. If they come round again, I'll be sure to point myself in their direction. Until then, album of the fucking year so far

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 05:54
by Hugo.
Easily. Nile will be fun, but in terms of originality and freshness, it wont beat this one.
Man, exivious to warm up, then Gorod, then SOP (to wind down LOL) and your fill of metal with as much of Obscura's hour as you can handle is one gluttonous night of music.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 06:16
by agony bagony
i am downloading it the this

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 06:36
by Devy
FINALLY
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 06:40
by Hugo.
[quote name="Devy"]FINALLY[/quote]
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 06:42
by Devy
Now we just need to break everyone else

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 06:50
by Hugo.
Also, the riff in Sailing into the earth at 1:15 sounds like the awesome riffs in the Stillborn One by necrphagist, but better.
Gorod are the band necrophagist probably wanted to be.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 06:54
by Devy
Most things Gorod do sound like Necrophagist, but better
Actually, that might put people off. GOROD SOUND LIKE GOOD.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 07:07
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Its on my Ipod I've just been full of sard
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 07:14
by Hugo.
[quote name="Devy"]Most things Gorod do sound like Necrophagist, but better
Actually, that might put people off. GOROD SOUND LIKE GOOD.[/quote]
All these things. Necro never lived up to the potential. When I saw them they played stabwound 2 times. Hardly a a sign of confidence in one's repetoire.
Gorods leads beat the living SHIT out of mohommed's.
Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 10:22
by agony bagony
fanbois

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 16:32
by Hugo.
Basing one's fanboydom on awesomeness

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 17:45
by agony bagony
it's what they all say

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 18:38
by Hugo.
A lot of people say a lot of things

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo
Posted: 07 Apr 2012, 18:52
by agony bagony
it's true! and no one can take that away from you
