Page 1 of 1

New Nile Interview

Posted: 13 Apr 2012, 16:34
by Exorsexist
COBRA: As far as the concept of the new record is concerned, what can you tell us?

KARL: It’s in similar territory to other NILE records in that a lot of it stems from Ancient Egyptology and sort of has underlying modern themes tied in. We haven’t abandoned our identity and I don’t believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don’t like it. What matters to me is when I’m out on tour and I meet the ACTUAL fans and they share their thoughts…those are the people that I listen to. There’s a lot of new ideas within the realm of what we do that we tried to incorporate. We studied real hard on the guitar and have lots of new riffs and musical ideas. There are a lot of surprises on the record.

COBRA: Can we expect any guest appearances on this new record?

KARL: Jon Vesano is all over this record. (Our Former Singer and Bass Guitarist who we’re still good friends with) Jon did some guest vocals on “Those Whom The Gods Detest” and it made us realize all over again all the things we really liked about Jon’s vocals. We wanted to incorporate some of his insanity. (laughs) He’s wicked man. He knows how to channel that inner possession. He finds a way to summon it. It’s great stuff.

COBRA: When is it scheduled to be released?

KARL: Who the fuck knows! (laughs) I’m guessing late May or early June. Just in time for summer.




Nice. Jon Vesano :greenie: Btw, when did Chris Lollis quit the band? Who is that Todd ellis hard-on bearer?



You can read the whole interview at this website: <!-- m -->http://www.cobrametal.net/interview-kar ... s-of-nile/<!-- m -->

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 13 Apr 2012, 17:34
by Abzu
We haven’t abandoned our identity and I don’t believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don’t like it.
:redneck:

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 13 Apr 2012, 19:11
by agony bagony
yeah what do you think he had in mind when he said that?

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 13 Apr 2012, 19:33
by zambon
im sure this will be fucking killer :waa:



cant wait :greenie:

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 13 Apr 2012, 19:36
by Hugo.
[quote name="taint sauce"]yeah what do you think he had in mind when he said that?[/quote]



Not Morbid Angel. Him and the entire metal community unanimously praised IDI on facebook when it came out remember?

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 13 Apr 2012, 22:26
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Don't care.

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 13 Apr 2012, 23:18
by zim
I thought they had a falling out with Jon Vesano?

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 14 Apr 2012, 01:27
by Abzu
'Came out' is right.

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 14 Apr 2012, 01:38
by Exorsexist
[quote name="ZIMGINA"]I thought they had a falling out with Jon Vesano?[/quote]



He did some additional vocals on previous album as well.

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 14 Apr 2012, 03:13
by droidspawn
meh

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 14 Apr 2012, 03:22
by Hugo.
[quote name="ZIMGINA"]I thought they had a falling out with Jon Vesano?[/quote]



No, he left to start his own business in irrigation.

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 16 Apr 2012, 14:41
by Haunty
COBRA: As far as the concept of the new record is concerned, what can you tell us?

KARL: It’s in similar territory to other NILE records in that a lot of it stems from Ancient Egyptology and sort of has underlying modern themes tied in. We haven’t abandoned our identity and I don’t believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don’t like it. What matters to me is when I’m out on tour and I meet the ACTUAL fans and they share their thoughts…those are the people that I listen to. There’s a lot of new ideas within the realm of what we do that we tried to incorporate. We studied real hard on the guitar and have lots of new riffs and musical ideas. There are a lot of surprises on the record.

COBRA: Can we expect any guest appearances on this new record?

KARL: Jon Vesano is all over this record. (Our Former Singer and Bass Guitarist who we’re still good friends with) Jon did some guest vocals on “Those Whom The Gods Detest” and it made us realize all over again all the things we really liked about Jon’s vocals. We wanted to incorporate some of his insanity. (laughs) He’s wicked man. He knows how to channel that inner possession. He finds a way to summon it. It’s great stuff.

COBRA: When is it scheduled to be released?

KARL: Who the fuck knows! (laughs) I’m guessing late May or early June. Just in time for summer.




Nice. Jon Vesano :greenie: Btw, when did Chris Lollis quit the band? Who is that Todd ellis hard-on bearer?



You can read the whole interview at this website: <!-- m -->http://www.cobrametal.net/interview-kar ... s-of-nile/<!-- m -->


Chris quit last year (I think). Actually, I think he was fired. Karl said something to the effect of "we do not speak of this."

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 16 Apr 2012, 16:19
by Hugo.
He fucked off and didnt answer his phone for months :idea:

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 16 Apr 2012, 17:10
by Mr. P
So he has now f'd off twice from Nile? Or do I mix him up with someone else?

Re: New Nile Interview

Posted: 16 Apr 2012, 17:31
by Hugo.
They go through the bass player alright