Page 1 of 1

100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 08:05
by FUKKET
100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual list of Hendrix, SRV, Jeff Beck etc...)



http://www.spin.com/articles/spins-100- ... ime?page=0

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 08:51
by shadowalk
It's the hipster version.

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 08:54
by zim
When I saw Skrillex listed I promptly kicked my computer.

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 09:00
by FUKKET
there's a few really done ones, But good to see these folks appear:



Bill Steer (Napalm Death/Carcass)

Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)

Dylan Carlson (Earth)

Ian MacKaye and hard-on bearer Picciotto (Fugazi)

Stone Gossard (Pearl Jam)

jorsh Homme

Keiji Haino

Duane Denison (Tomahwak/the Jesus Lizard)

Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

Mick Barr (Orthrelm/Krallice)

Arto Lindsay

Adrian Belew

Eugene Chadbourne

Ben Weinman (Dillinger Escape Plan)

Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Tony Maiden (Rufus)

Fred Frith

Marc Ribot

Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)

John McLaughlin

Nels Cline

Nile Rodgers (Chic)

Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine)

Justin Broadrick (Napalm Death/Godflesh/Jesu)

Robert Quine

Derek Bailey

King Buzzo (Melvins)

Robert Fripp (King Crimson)

Steve Albini

Jimmy Nolen (James Brown)

Frank Zappa

Greg Ginn (Black Flag)

Eddie Hazel (Funkadelic)

Prince

Kurt Cobain

Lee Ranaldo & Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth)

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 09:01
by FUKKET
[quote name="zim"]When I saw Skrillex listed I promptly kicked my computer.[/quote]



me too

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 09:31
by Abzu
[quote name="zim"]When I saw Skrillex listed I promptly kicked my computer.[/quote]

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 09:39
by jawn galliano
definitely one of the more interesting lists i've seen. i was pleasantly surprised to see euronymous and broadrick both represented and placed as high as they were.



and since i guess i'm the most obvious person to get it started, i'll commence bitching about the ordering: dimebag darrell, chuck schuldiner and the hard-on bearer from fucking krallice all outrank trey? what the FUCK, y'all.

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 09:50
by Abzu
[quote name="Dudley"]and since i guess i'm the most obvious person to get it started, i'll commence bitching about the ordering: dimebag darrell, chuck schuldiner and the hard-on bearer from fucking krallice all outrank trey? what the FUCK, y'all.[/quote]

Well then, I'm glad I didn't bother to read past Skrillex. Th'fuck is that shit?

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 10:01
by Haunty
When I'm not posting from my phone, I'll post the guitar world version, as it is scads better.

Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

Posted: 08 May 2012, 10:04
by Methuselah Honeysuckle

    Re: 100-greatest-guitarists-all-time (and it's not your usual)

    Posted: 08 May 2012, 10:06
    by FUKKET
    [quote name="Dudley"] i was pleasantly surprised to see euronymous and broadrick both represented and placed as high as they were.[/quote]



    this



    and this



    [quote name="Dudley"] bitching about the ordering: dimebag darrell, chuck schuldiner and the hard-on bearer from fucking krallice all outrank trey? what the FUCK, y'all.[/quote]