Page 1 of 1

Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 02:51
by Devy
[youtube]_dNxshHlp4w[/youtube]



He even takes the piss out of Yngwie during this :xx:

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 03:05
by Devy
Yngwie would play a flawless 15 minute harmonic minor solo, to which Pablo would go *plays sweeps with arse*

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 03:26
by Devy
Played with his arse, followed by Gilberto Concerto :judge:

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 03:33
by Devy
I've been having my spirit broken by Terrifying Guitar Trip for the past few days. The influx of guitar tuition videos on Youtube is fucking :xx:

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 06:20
by Hugo.
[quote name="Skinoperable"]even his pentatonic licks are difficult :homework:[/quote]



That string skipping one is tasty.

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 09:11
by jawn galliano
i'm really glad the old website is still intact:



<!-- m -->http://www.paulgilbert.com/Judas_Prius.html<!-- m --> :thingy:

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 17:05
by Devy
*has page dedicated to japanese drink he doesn't like*

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 19:13
by Paste Human
Based on comments here I think I would enjoy this song a lot more if I actually played the guitar :homework:



On the other hand I used to live with a hard-on bearer who could play licks like that offhand. He said once you get the muscle memory for it it's actually pretty easy. I know Eric Friesen (RIP) of Windham Hell had the same thing to say about Malmsteen-esque leads, and he probably could have played circles around that dude.

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Posted: 23 May 2012, 19:34
by Devy
Perhaps this page from his website will help you fall in love with him <!-- m -->http://www.paulgilbert.com/Big_Shoes.html<!-- m -->