Page 1 of 1

New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 00:43
by VARG
Image

Out July 3rd.



01. Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame

02. The Fiends Who Come To Steal The Magick Of The Deceased

03. The Inevitable Degradation Of Flesh

04. When My Wrath Is Done

05. Slaves Of Xul

06. The Gods Who Light Up The Sky At The Gate Of Sethu

07. Natural Liberation Of Fear Through The Ritual Deception Of Death

08. Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms

09. Tribunal Of The Dead

10. Supreme Humanism Of Megalomania

11. The Chaining Of The Iniquitous



Bonus:



12. Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame (instrumental)

13. The Inevitable Degradation Of Flesh (instrumental)

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 01:04
by Verbal
a quick glance at those songtitles and they sound like someone taking the piss about nile song titles

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 01:18
by droidspawn
:zzz::::::::::::

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 01:34
by Abzu
Has this leaked yet?

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 02:06
by Phantoon
I seen these song titles on Nile forum, they are awful. Talk about parodying yourself :frown:



Though I'm intrigued what the music will bring this time, you can rest assured there's gonna be the obligatory tech wankery and needless speed.

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 04:53
by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
needs more songs about dicks

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 05:04
by FUKKET
[quote name="Verbal"]a quick glance at those songtitles and they sound like someone taking the piss about nile song titles[/quote]



this and this



[quote name="jorsh"]:zzz::::::::::::[/quote]



but I like the cover art... it's a little digital looking, but still kinda cool.

I'll be downloading the bonus instrumentals though, as they could be pretty cool.

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 18:06
by neckred
[quote name="So Callous"]you can rest assured there's gonna be the obligatory tech wankery and needless speed.[/quote]



sounds like you're speaking about Necrophagist instead, Nile may not be my favorite band, but I'll take it over the cookie cutter fruital death/deathcore bands out there



also, needless speed? really? since when was most death metal slow?

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 19:40
by zim
sometimes i feel like the speed of nile is a gimmick - george kollias is super fast but his drumming isn't really all that interesting.

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 20:29
by Hugo.
Nile will never be as tedious or repetitive as the moaning shits that for some reason dont like them.



Fucking Nile :xx:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 20:38
by neckred
people sure do have silly reasons for disliking stuff



personally I've never viewed their sound as anything based on speed, but instead the riff quality



I remember when the most popular reason to dislike Nile, was how they'd supposedly run out of stuff to write about



that said, most of the stuff I listen to is rather slow, and I have to be in a certain special mood to want to listen to Nile

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 23:19
by Phantoon
[quote name="neckred"] needless speed? really? since when was most death metal slow?[/quote]



[quote name="zim"]sometimes i feel like the speed of nile is a gimmick - george kollias is super fast but his drumming isn't really all that interesting.[/quote]



Zim nailed it :idea:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 24 May 2012, 23:21
by Abzu
To Dream of Ur is the greatest Nile song ever written and anyone who says otherwise can :fuckoff:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 25 May 2012, 00:34
by Phantoon
I always call it " To dream of uuuggghhhrrrrrrr" :redneck:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 25 May 2012, 01:11
by VARG
From an interview with http://www.cobrametal.net/interview-kar ... s-of-nile/



Regarding the new album's concept, Karl said, "It's in similar territory to other NILE records in that a lot of it stems from Ancient Egyptology and sort of has underlying modern themes tied in. We haven't abandoned our identity and I don't believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don't like it. What matters to me is when I'm out on tour and I meet the actual fans and they share their thoughts…those are the people that I listen to. There's a lot of new ideas within the realm of what we do that we tried to incorporate. We studied real hard on the guitar and have lots of new riffs and musical ideas. There are a lot of surprises on the record."



Hopefully those riff ideas are trully awesome and by surprises he means something innovative and crushing within the realm of Death Metal.



I'm looking forward to this. It may very well be one of the year's best.

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 25 May 2012, 01:34
by Abzu
[quote name="So Callous"]I always call it " To dream of uuuggghhhrrrrrrr" :redneck:[/quote]

:frown:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 25 May 2012, 06:25
by zim
i was really butt hurt after being told to stop filming their show - i honestly haven't listened to them as much since that



i know, it's :necro:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 26 May 2012, 06:24
by neckred
I love how when I dislike a band or artist I usually just ignore the thread, again man Nile isn't my favorite band or artist, not by a long shot, but the amount of hate the bring on is very comical to me. I still think they're one of the better death metal bands still making music, still has an old school vibe, more Morbid Angel than Morbid Angel is these days.



and zim, I appreciate your honesty! it's all good man

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 26 May 2012, 06:29
by neckred
[quote name="VARG"]From an interview with http://www.cobrametal.net/interview-kar ... s-of-nile/



Regarding the new album's concept, Karl said, "It's in similar territory to other NILE records in that a lot of it stems from Ancient Egyptology and sort of has underlying modern themes tied in. We haven't abandoned our identity and I don't believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don't like it. What matters to me is when I'm out on tour and I meet the actual fans and they share their thoughts…those are the people that I listen to. There's a lot of new ideas within the realm of what we do that we tried to incorporate. We studied real hard on the guitar and have lots of new riffs and musical ideas. There are a lot of surprises on the record."

[/quote]



very interesting interview actually, it's amazing how many bands don't realize they can keep their original identity, style of music, and cater to the original group of fans, while still experimenting and trying lots of new stuff within that framework.



it seems like most bands either try too hard to cater to original group of fans, or they're completely abandoning and bashing their old styles, one extreme or the other, TOO EXTREME even :redneck:::::::::::

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 26 May 2012, 08:39
by VARG
[quote name="neckred"]
[quote name="VARG"]From an interview with http://www.cobrametal.net/interview-kar ... s-of-nile/



Regarding the new album's concept, Karl said, "It's in similar territory to other NILE records in that a lot of it stems from Ancient Egyptology and sort of has underlying modern themes tied in. We haven't abandoned our identity and I don't believe you should fuck over your fans. If your fans like what you do, and you change too much of what you do, fans don't like it. What matters to me is when I'm out on tour and I meet the actual fans and they share their thoughts…those are the people that I listen to. There's a lot of new ideas within the realm of what we do that we tried to incorporate. We studied real hard on the guitar and have lots of new riffs and musical ideas. There are a lot of surprises on the record."

[/quote]



very interesting interview actually, it's amazing how many bands don't realize they can keep their original identity, style of music, and cater to the original group of fans, while still experimenting and trying lots of new stuff within that framework.



it seems like most bands either try too hard to cater to original group of fans, or they're completely abandoning and bashing their old styles, one extreme or the other, TOO EXTREME even :redneck:::::::::::[/quote]

:idea:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 26 May 2012, 08:40
by VARG

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 26 May 2012, 09:40
by droidspawn
:hard-on bearer:

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 26 May 2012, 11:15
by FUKKET
[quote name="neckred"]more Morbid than Morbid Angel these days.

[/quote]

Re: New Nile Album Track Listing & Cover Art

Posted: 27 May 2012, 14:21
by vO)))id
don't like the artwork and don't like those titles, but that new song they played live sounded fantastic to me!

i still enjoy their last album, even though i never really listen to nile anymore. BSOV is still my fave.