Page 1 of 1

Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 25 May 2012, 22:39
by Hugo.
<!-- m -->http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/05/25/ni ... -of-sethu/<!-- m -->



I'm reserving judgement, but this sounds really old school to mine ears. Very different production values than recent records. Almost rock n Roll in places.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 25 May 2012, 22:55
by Devy
This certainly isn't what I was expecting. It's alright, but if the whole album is like this it might get a bit much.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 25 May 2012, 22:58
by Hugo.
My thoughts exactly. I dont think it will though.



The stops in this song grated on me during the first listen, but it definitely sounded better the second time.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 25 May 2012, 23:05
by Devy
[youtube]2Y0JCCwG0ww[/youtube]



This song gives me more faith in the album than that new one.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 25 May 2012, 23:35
by Harry Lime
Wow, I liked that a lot. Certainly different then what I was expecting.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 00:44
by Hugo.
some parts we're a bit abzu/melechesh-ish :xx:

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 01:34
by agony bagony
the main riff in that magick nonsense has a section that sounds identical to a bit from the castlevania 2 music



:santa:

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 01:35
by agony bagony
found it!



[youtube]G4JlNJWv-PM[/youtube]



:greenie:

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 01:36
by Phantoon
It does sound old school like their first album, with a raw production and quite noisy. I like it. Could this be Nile's Heretic ? :interessant:

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 02:35
by deckard
nile are DUMB

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 04:00
by Hugo.
so are you. :cool:

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 04:02
by Abzu
The song is cool and better than I expected.



Also, Castlevania II :xx:

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 04:07
by Hugo.
The music sounds like it was inspired by Death, in places. The drum kit is very dry and rocky. I'm loving the slow bomb blasting at 2:30.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 05:12
by Anjel
Production almost sounds like a demo. :oldryan:

I can still dig it though.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 05:37
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
JON FUCKING VESANO :grimxx:

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 05:41
by Hugo.
The vocals win. Dallas was actually my favourite vocalist until he took over 99% of the job on Ithyphallic. He's an awesome hard-on bearer to look forward to, just not all the the fucking time.



I actually thought it was mike brezeale doing main vocals here,

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 05:45
by Hugo.
Holy shit, apparently, its Karl doing 99% of these vox!!! Even Overlaying different styles. Mike and jason hagan do the elodics and vesano just a couple of growls here and there.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 11:31
by FUKKET
don't mind the song - but the production is yucky...

thin & clicky in my opinion.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 26 May 2012, 12:40
by Holocaust
I like it. :santa: lots of old school/new george-driven stuffs going on here.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 28 May 2012, 01:37
by Haunty
[quote name="Zilly Toid"]The music sounds like it was inspired by Death, in places. The drum kit is very dry and rocky. I'm loving the slow bomb blasting at 2:30.[/quote]



Yeah, I noticed that too. The song structure around that section is amazing.

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 28 May 2012, 03:36
by zim
there were parts of the song i liked but overall i was bored

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 29 May 2012, 03:21
by vO)))id
Sounds super clear and crispy. Not much low end (mostly in the drums), but it has its charm. Overal sound is rather thin... and I don't like thin.

Interested in hearing the full album - awesome vocals though!!! DAMN!

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 29 May 2012, 05:30
by FUKKET
[quote name="tuned beer"] Overal sound is rather thin... and I don't like thin.

Interested in hearing the full album - awesome vocals though!!! DAMN![/quote]

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 29 May 2012, 12:07
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
From NBB:



"Right on. For anyone interested in the Vocal Breakdowns in this [new] song;



The Part that goes "I will Erase You" is Mike Breazeale and Jason Hagan Harmonizing

The Part that goes "I am Re" Is Mike Breazeale

The very first growl , the last growl , and the two demon possesion growl/screams over the instrumental break is Jon vesano

The rest is me , doing a couple of different voices - the first and very last verse is a normal Karl subteranna "mummy growl" , then there is the Sobe Karl voice - kind like the old school aforementioned "coroner vox" and a few variations where the different voices are layered together for sickness .



The idea is /was to branch out somewhat , and incorporate a little variety in the vocals beyond ( in the words of our detractors) the same old thing .



[...]



"Fiends" happens to be the one random track that doesn't have Dallas - but it does have a wide variety of guests .



[...]



Yes, the vox on Fiends ARE different."

Re: Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceas

Posted: 29 May 2012, 12:36
by vO)))id
That's awesome! I'm giving it another spin just for those vocals.