Page 1 of 1

Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 21 Jun 2012, 03:37
by Devy
Last night, I found myself watching Judas Priest's "Rising In The East" show on Sky Arts. I knew a few of the hits and always liked the heavier ones, but I never realised just how good those guitarists are. To have been writing stuff like that in the eightiess and early era of the gloryhole and to still be playing it perfectly when they're all aged around 60 is incredible



[youtube]cF0f2Sof31M[/youtube]



Very yes :xx:



You will now say things about similar people :santa:

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 21 Jun 2012, 03:45
by rhino
Image

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 21 Jun 2012, 04:17
by baron von blondle
Image

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 22 Jun 2012, 02:37
by deckard
alex lifeson

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 22 Jun 2012, 04:50
by Hugo.
I'm not sure if Chris Broderick gets enough props.

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 22 Jun 2012, 12:30
by FUKKET
Image



Image



like or hate the vice squad, like or hate Sting - both guys are amazing players.



Andy's solo fusion albums are cool, and recently I watched a vice squad reunion DVD - Sting is such a smooth, solid player. and to play thumb style (like finger picking a guitar) is really awesome!

and to be so tight while singing like a splendid mate of mine too!

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 22 Jun 2012, 16:58
by Paste Human
[quote name="toozey"]alex lifeson[/quote]



I wouldn't have thought of this, but definitely yes :idea:



(Edit: I was actually thinking of Alex Skolnick from Testament, not the dude from Rush :redneck:)



Every now and then I stumble upon interviews of various musicians who claim that James Hetfield is a way better guitarist than his role in Metallica would lead people to believe. Not sure if it's true, but that's pretty cool if it is.

Re: Underrated musicians in famous bands

Posted: 23 Jun 2012, 01:20
by deckard
he has such a distinct style and his playing is totally instinctive.