Page 1 of 1

all along the watchtower

Posted: 29 Jun 2012, 07:55
by rhino
[youtube]4AuxJH2Mj30[/youtube]





:thingy:

Re: all along the watchtower

Posted: 29 Jun 2012, 08:20
by Abzu
:idea: I fucking love what he did to Dylan's tune.

Re: all along the watchtower

Posted: 29 Jun 2012, 08:23
by Abzu
[quote name="wikipedia"]Dylan has described his reaction to hearing Hendrix's version: "It overwhelmed me, really. He had such talent, he could find things inside a song and vigorously develop them. He found things that other people wouldn't think of finding in there. He probably improved upon it by the spaces he was using. I took license with the song from his version, actually, and continue to do it to this day."[26] In the booklet accompanying his Biograph album, Dylan said: "I liked Jimi Hendrix's record of this and ever since he died I've been doing it that way... Strange how when I sing it, I always feel it's a tribute to him in some kind of way."[/quote]

Re: all along the watchtower

Posted: 29 Jun 2012, 08:25
by droidspawn
band of gypsys :ba:

Re: all along the watchtower

Posted: 29 Jun 2012, 10:00
by Shredlord
Just think...that was in the days before auto-tune, click tracks, digital editing...musicians had to actually be able to play their instruments!



Jimi was/is GOD.

Re: all along the watchtower

Posted: 30 Jun 2012, 00:49
by neckred
he also didn't have high gain tube amps that had tons of compression, so that he could shred with barely any effort



fuzz face :xx::::::::



I'm in the process of jamming some Hendrix with said, this thread has inspired me :idea: