Page 1 of 1
good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:09
by rhino
123 go
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:10
by rhino
i'll take the wrong fucking forum for 200 alex
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:15
by jawn galliano
your first post was supposed to say 'baroness'
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:21
by droidspawn
baroness - yag
deftones - snw
tool - 10k days
pig destroyer - phantom limb
immolation - shadows in the light
dredg - that last shitfest of an album
suffocation - last couple albums
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:42
by jawn galliano
[quote name="jorsh"]immolation - shadows in the light[/quote]
but that's not how 'harnessing ruin' is spelled!
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 05:51
by droidspawn
they are both equal in their mediocrity so i picked one

Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 06:15
by rhino
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 08:15
by FUKKET
I think we all know who takes the cake...
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 11:37
by Abzu
[quote name="FUKKET"]I think we all know who takes the vaginal celebration...[/quote]

I.llud
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 16:46
by Paste Human
I seem to remember one or two members of Deicide actually apologizing for how bad "In Torment In Hell" turned out. On the other hand I always thought "Elements" by Atheist turned out remarkably well despite being written and recorded in just over a month (I know that has nothing to do with the topic but I was just reminded of that factoid).
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 18:22
by Abzu
[quote name="Paste Human"]I seem to remember one or two members of Deicide actually apologizing for how bad "In Torment In Hell" turned out. On the other hand I always thought "Elements" by Atheist turned out remarkably well despite being written and recorded in just over a month (I know that has nothing to do with the topic but I was just reminded of that factoid).[/quote]
Those last couple Roadrunner albums were shit and I'm pretty sure the idea was to just run out the contract.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 21:09
by Paste Human
Well that just about legitimizes where Roadrunner ended up - bankrupt last I heard. Someone several years ago vowed to me that would happen pretty fast because their business model made no sense.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 22:14
by jawn galliano
i'm pretty sure roadrunner picked up nickelback early on and managed to hold on to them, for that reason alone i imagine the label was doing just fine. WMG bought them out after all, so they must've been making money.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 22:28
by Paste Human
At the very least they've downsized to almost nothing. They were trying to run a high volume operation with grind/death metal. It just doesn't work that way.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 11 Jul 2012, 07:47
by M.Bison
Gojira
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 11 Jul 2012, 07:49
by rhino
not a fan of the new one?
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 11 Jul 2012, 11:43
by Hugo.
The new one is awesome
Also, theres something about Ithyphallic that I just dont like.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 11 Jul 2012, 20:52
by M.Bison
[quote name="rhino"]not a fan of the new one?[/quote]
I'm not sure I listened yet....
I liked Mars to Sirius way more than the one after it. I may have to give them more spins though.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 02:14
by cire
As much as I love Amon Amarth, Surtur Rising was a disappointing release.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 02:27
by Hugo.
Thats only because the preceding album was hella hella good like.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 02:33
by cire
Well that and it was just all kinds of boring
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 04:28
by rhino
[quote name="cire"]As much as I love Amon Amarth, Surtur Rising was a disappointing release.[/quote]
i'm getting less and less excited with amon amarth releases. they have ac/dc syndrome

Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 04:39
by cire
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="cire"]As much as I love Amon Amarth, Surtur Rising was a disappointing release.[/quote]
i'm getting less and less excited with amon amarth releases. they have ac/dc syndrome

[/quote]
I hear ya, but they still might be able to redeem themselves next time around. Remember Fate of Norns was eh but then they released two great ones after? Well, I thought they were good, anyway.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 21:13
by Ninny
Black album is the mother of all disappointments
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 22:15
by Paste Human
[quote name="Ninny"]Black album is the mother of all disappointments[/quote]
Now that's interesting. I can't remember knowing anyone who was into Metallica in the 80s who didn't like that album, but I know they're out there because of documentaries and whatnot. That must have been a letdown if you dug speed metal, because Metallica had that style fucking nailed and then completely abandoned it.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 22:45
by cire
I happen to love the black album

Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 22:51
by Paste Human
But were you of age and aware of Metallica's releases that lead up to it?
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 23:05
by cire
[quote name="Paste Human"]But were you of age and aware of Metallica's releases that lead up to it?[/quote]
nope, I was 4 years old when the black album came out.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 23:37
by jawn galliano
black album was my first metallica album, probably my first metal album for that matter. i can easily see why a lot of people don't like it, but i still enjoy a bunch of the tunes on there. i can't really listen to any of the major singles these days because they just got completely played out a long time ago
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 23:53
by Abzu
[quote name="Dudley"]black album was my first metallica album, probably my first metal album for that matter. i can easily see why a lot of people don't like it, but i still enjoy a bunch of the tunes on there. i can't really listen to any of the major singles these days because they just got completely played out a long time ago[/quote]
Every word of this could also be accurately expressed my mein self.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 23:54
by cire
not to mention kid rock covered enter sandman and stole sad but true to create his own shitty song. i remember back in college, i met a kid who NOT ONLY never heard sad but true, but also claimed that he didn't like it even though he thought "american bad ass is like the best song ever" (direct quote)
also, I recall snoop dog performing sad but true at the metallica icon mtv thing a while back...just awful
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 23:57
by droidspawn
all metallica albums are disappointing because they suck

Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 13 Jul 2012, 04:53
by FUKKET
[quote name="cire"]
[quote name="Paste Human"]But were you of age and aware of Metallica's releases that lead up to it?[/quote]
nope, I was 4 years old when the black album came out.[/quote]
fuck, I feel old now.
Beano and
especially Ninny, must feel like relics from that comment!

Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 13 Jul 2012, 05:06
by FUKKET
[quote name="Ninny"]Black album is the mother of all disappointments[/quote]
agree on that.
I bought it straight away, and remember thinking.... "um... OK, so where's the MOP & AJFA isms?"
then I saw the Enter Sandman clip, and wished I'd seen that first.
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Posted: 13 Jul 2012, 05:58
by Santyago
I rather listen to Load than to Black Album.