Page 1 of 1
Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 19:42
by Mesarthim
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 20:05
by Hugo.
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 20:13
by scarica
they're calling themselves "the nabb" now?
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 20:17
by Mesarthim
Nihilist Asshole Bulletin Board
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 20:19
by scarica
ok. just checking.

Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 20:37
by jawn galliano
i still bust out catacombs and bsov on rare occasions but i haven't really found myself listening to nile much in the last few years
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 21:04
by Grudge
nabb haha
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 21:18
by scarica
yeah they should stick with NBB. NABB sounds like a nut grab.
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 22:47
by OJ8
[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]i still bust out catacombs and bsov on rare occasions but i haven't really found myself listening to nile much in the last few years[/quote]
Exactly my words.

Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 22:53
by Hugo.
Holy fuck, 'NABB' was a typo!
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 23:05
by OJ8
Nah you're a typo, ya Irish cunt!
Re: Nile
Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 00:57
by Hugo.
:warzone:
Re: Nile
Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 01:02
by Abzu
pedonilechat
On another note, I didn't dig ITDS too much. BSoV, Catacombs and Ithylpenis are
AotW is good too.
Re: Nile
Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 03:25
by Bathsalt Zombie
God, I haven't blared Nile in awhile now.
Re: Nile
Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 05:50
by Charles Bronson
Re: Nile
Posted: 08 Jul 2009, 03:43
by Sarcofago
I agree,
I mostly dont listen too them, but when i put on Black seeds... or Amongst the Catacombs... i really enjoy them.
It's overwelming music and good too

Re: Nile
Posted: 08 Jul 2009, 04:38
by zim
NILE
been jamming them the last couple of days. this morning my girlfriend bought me legacy of the catacombs, pretty cool to have their music videos on dvd now.
Re: Nile
Posted: 08 Jul 2009, 05:21
by Hugo.
I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.
Re: Nile
Posted: 08 Jul 2009, 10:01
by Santyago
I hear some of their songs rarely nowadays.
Re: Nile
Posted: 09 Jul 2009, 16:01
by Haunty
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]
I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.
Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.
I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.
Re: Nile
Posted: 09 Jul 2009, 17:26
by shadowalk
[quote name="Aaron himself"]God, I haven't blared Nile in awhile now.[/quote]
Re: Nile
Posted: 10 Jul 2009, 00:58
by Abzu
*plays black seeds*

Re: Nile
Posted: 10 Jul 2009, 15:41
by Bathsalt Zombie
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]
I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.
Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.
I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]
I check the board now and then, but every time I do, the posters there just annoy the living fuck out of me. I think their humour is retarded and note even remotely funny. Nothing against the board, but it's just not the Nile bard I once knew. I think that they need House Arrest to clean it up.
Re: Nile
Posted: 10 Jul 2009, 16:11
by Lavabug
Been playing a lot of BSOV and Ithyphallic as of late after quite a while of sarding Nile.

Re: Nile
Posted: 11 Jul 2009, 14:04
by Bathsalt Zombie
I blasted some ITDS a couple of nights ago
Re: Nile
Posted: 20 Jul 2009, 02:50
by Hugo.
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]
I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.
Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.
I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]
Agreed on all counts. Also, the ´Ithyphallic´ concept is terrible, not to mention that it´s my least favourite of their albums.
Re: Nile
Posted: 20 Jul 2009, 02:52
by Abzu
an album about ancient, legendary, mythical boners...
Re: Nile
Posted: 21 Jul 2009, 01:48
by Hugo.
[quote name="abzu"]an album about ancient, legendary, mythical boners...[/quote]
With obvious connotations to Karls self-percieved epically-proportioned manhood....................
To me, that album is their 'St. Anger....'
I Have no doubt that the new one will slay, however.

Re: Nile
Posted: 21 Jul 2009, 04:23
by Abzu
I dunno... I like Ithyphallic better than In Their Darkened Shrines or Annihilation of the Wicked.
I do like AotW a lot though... but I'm thinking of selling ITDS. I never listen to it.
Re: Nile
Posted: 21 Jul 2009, 04:35
by Hugo.
Well, youre not alone there. Plenty of people share the same view as you (take a recent 'favourite Nile album' poll on the NBB for example - pretty much an even distribution of votes all round). Personally, it's very hard for me to be objective as 'Black Seeds..' and ITDS came at a time when i was only beginning to seriously get into DM and had a collosal impact on me.
The fact remains- whatever you guys might think about certain members of the NBB, Nile are a phenomenal band even if they do love mythically proportioned cock

Re: Nile
Posted: 21 Jul 2009, 04:42
by Abzu
"The seed of Amu hath oppressed you

/ They hath urinated upon you

and made you eat feces

" - Black Seeds of Vengeance. In other words: bukkake, golden shower, scat.
In all seriousness though, I like Nile and this song is one of my favorite all time from easily my favorite Nile album.
Re: Nile
Posted: 21 Jul 2009, 13:47
by Teresa
Nephren-Ka and Black Seeds is where it's at.

:
Re: Nile
Posted: 22 Jul 2009, 21:48
by Abzu
[quote name="Teresa"]Nephren-Ka and Black Seeds is where it's at.

:[/quote]
Teresa knows.
Re: Nile
Posted: 24 Jul 2009, 04:54
by Aðalsteinn
:horns:
Re: Nile
Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 02:29
by Haunty
[quote name="Aaron himself"]
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]
I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.
Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.
I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]
I check the board now and then, but every time I do, the posters there just annoy the living fuck out of me. I think their humour is retarded and note even remotely funny. Nothing against the board, but it's just not the Nile bard I once knew. I think that they need House Arrest to clean it up.[/quote]
Is House Arrest the same person as Niggy? Because Christ, that dude annoyed the living fuck out of me. Everything he said made me want to shoot him.
As far as nbb goes, Rhombus Foreplay, Gileece, Seker, and Dikki were/are hilarious. What's really missing is warzone. The place is pretty humorless now. There's wave after wave of scene kids joining the place (or at least kids who didn't hear of nile until Annihilation of the Wicked came out), and they're mostly too stupid to breathe.
Re: Nile
Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 02:37
by Haunty
By the way, does anybody else think that the artwork from Annihilation of the Wicked looks like something a 12 year old photoshopped?
Re: Nile
Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 03:54
by zim
I like the AOTW artwork
Re: Nile
Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 07:18
by TamPron
[quote name="zim"]I like the AOTW artwork[/quote]
Re: Nile
Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 14:38
by Teresa
black seeds and beyond have bad photoshop jobs.
Re: Nile
Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 15:11
by Bathsalt Zombie
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="Aaron himself"]
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]
I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.
Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.
I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]
I check the board now and then, but every time I do, the posters there just annoy the living fuck out of me. I think their humour is retarded and note even remotely funny. Nothing against the board, but it's just not the Nile bard I once knew. I think that they need House Arrest to clean it up.[/quote]
Is House Arrest the same person as Niggy? Because Christ, that dude annoyed the living fuck out of me. Everything he said made me want to shoot him.
As far as nbb goes, Rhombus Foreplay, Gileece, Seker, and Dikki were/are hilarious. What's really missing is warzone. The place is pretty humorless now. There's wave after wave of scene kids joining the place (or at least kids who didn't hear of nile until Annihilation of the Wicked came out), and they're mostly too stupid to breathe.[/quote]
House Arrest and Niggy are no where near being the same exact person. He's well before your time. As for the members there, I'm not gonna lie, I can't stand Rhombus Foreplay. Gileece is ok. Seker and Dikki are good in my book. I actually miss Seker to be honest with you.
A speaking of Hektik, I wonder why he hasn't made an account yet here? Haven't seen him in aeons now.
Re: Nile
Posted: 26 Jul 2009, 00:33
by Abzu
[quote name="Teresa"]black seeds and beyond have bad photoshop jobs.[/quote]
I partly agree. I heartily enjoyed Black Seeds' artwork and, to a lesser degree, Ithyphallic's as well. I like the art direction so to speak, and layout of AotW, but not necessarily the art itself. ITDS had horrible CG rendered art.
Re: Nile
Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 05:09
by Haunty
Re: Nile
Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 06:00
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
i couldnt care any less about this band if i tried.
Re: Nile
Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 06:36
by Haunty
Re: Nile
Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 07:05
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Aaron himself"]A speaking of Hektik, I wonder why he hasn't made an account yet here?[/quote]
he did, eargazm

Re: Nile
Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 10:21
by Abzu
[quote name="HbW"]Well, the good news is that Xaay is doing their new album's artwork. He's fucking spectacular.[/quote]
:win:

Re: Nile
Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 13:07
by Lavabug
Tits and snakes are always a good combination.
Re: Nile
Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 14:39
by Bathsalt Zombie
[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]
[quote name="Aaron himself"]A speaking of Hektik, I wonder why he hasn't made an account yet here?[/quote]
he did, eargazm

[/quote]
Oh really, didn't knew that. I wonder why Niggy hasn't been posting much at all?
Re: Nile
Posted: 03 Feb 2012, 01:15
by Mutilator
Download & blast 'Sss Haa Set Yoth', the Japanese bonus track from Anihilation of the wicked: it's cool!
