Page 1 of 1
Anathema
Posted: 08 Feb 2010, 11:59
by Bathsalt Zombie
what do you all think of this band? I've been jamming "A Natural Disaster" in this period.
Re: Anathema
Posted: 08 Feb 2010, 12:03
by Mesarthim
honestly haven't listened to them since Judgement came out in 99 or so.
I remember liking the Alternative 4 album a lot.
Re: Anathema
Posted: 08 Feb 2010, 16:37
by Mr. P
This kind of mis-use of fine instruments is not for me. I have not heard one song that I would like from them.
Re: Anathema
Posted: 08 Feb 2010, 23:50
by Hugo.
My mate duncan used to play with Anathema. He wrote an entire album with them. They still have a massive cult following across Europe.
Re: Anathema
Posted: 09 Feb 2010, 04:58
by rhino
i'm a huge fan of early doom/death anathema, i also think alternative 4 is great stuff, but i havent kept up much with anything after
serenades is an album that will always get spins by me
[youtube]z6WG6bwIBnM[/youtube]
Re: Anathema
Posted: 09 Feb 2010, 06:07
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
alternative 4 is a brilliant album. never get much else a chance tbh
Re: Anathema
Posted: 10 Feb 2010, 03:47
by Hugo.
[quote name="rhino"]i'm a huge fan of early doom/death anathema, [/quote]
My mate is pretty much responsible for the more melodic turn they took. They ended up as prety much a rock band. Their really early material sounds almost like early deicide.
Re: Anathema
Posted: 11 Feb 2010, 14:11
by Dr. Gonzo
A Fine Day To Exit is one I enjoy a lot
Re: Anathema
Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 09:46
by Mutilator
Dive into this:
[youtube]KaXWp-3fL_E[/youtube]
Re: Anathema
Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 10:00
by droidspawn
[youtube]qNa6xImZeo4[/youtube]