Page 1 of 1

CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 10:38
by zim
:ra: :bang: :ra: :bang: :ra: :bang: :ra:

[youtube]RiAV6_YZQl8[/youtube]

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 10:38
by shadowalk
OWN :idea:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 10:41
by Mesarthim
we might be in the minority. but i think OWN owns! :bang:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 11:12
by shadowalk
Glad to see I'm not alone on this. :god:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 23 Feb 2010, 11:29
by zim
[quote name="shadowalk"]Glad to see I'm not alone on this. :god:[/quote]

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 23:22
by Hugo.
Carrionshine is fucking killer.



The gravity blasts on OWN are ridiculous.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 23:30
by zim
thanks for making me check this thread again, jeez! now i have to listen to it :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :ra:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 23:51
by Meat Engine
The music is enjoyable. I would like a better vocalist. His basic growl is just so mundane.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 00:47
by Hugo.
Jason mendonca and vitriol would be awesome cndiddates for OWN as would chalky.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 00:53
by Meat Engine
I have come to like the DiSalvo years. I tend to be lonely in this. I just wrote them off at first hearing, but came to appreciate ATYB. It's probably my favorite. I would like to hear him with the Once Was Not material. I find the album a difficult listen because of Lord Worm.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 01:06
by Hugo.
I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 03:03
by Abzu
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]

NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 03:36
by Hugo.
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]

NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]



I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.



Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 03:58
by Abzu
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]

NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]



I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.



Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.[/quote]

I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 04:02
by Mesarthim
the weird thing is, when I saw them live in 2005 or whenever that was with lord worm....they sounded really good. even vocally. I don't know what happened to this album but I still enjoy OWN.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 04:18
by Hugo.
[quote name="Lumbergh"]the weird thing is, when I saw them live in 2005 or whenever that was with lord worm....they sounded really good. even vocally. I don't know what happened to this album but I still enjoy OWN.[/quote]



I saw them around the same time. I think that live, you expect a much rougher product.



[quote name="desolation"]

I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.[/quote]



I think you misunderstood me. What i understood was that you didnt like whispering or ATYB because of Disalvo's vocals.



I was saying that i liked those and NSV (pretty much) equally because of the songwriting/musicianship.



I think theres a nice progression among the three.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 04:19
by Meat Engine
[youtube]0ID8RGBs18g[/youtube]



[youtube]KGKELbUGbcY[/youtube]



:thingy:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 03:51
by Ninny
I like both Cryptopsy versions :idea: Lord Worm has a little more character. ATYB has some sweet songs, I never found the time to listen to Whisper Supremacy somehow but this will happen eventually. Now that they have that pig faced boy in their band you can only appreciate the good run they´ve had :idea:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 05:08
by zim
he does have a pig face :lol:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 07:17
by Abzu
[quote name="zimberly"]he does have a pig face :lol:[/quote]

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 09 Oct 2010, 03:12
by Sonny
I remember the first listen to this in the context of the album after hearing the demo version as the only track from the new Cryptopsy. Fuck me, that first listen to Carrionshine on the album is something I'll never forget. I nearly fucking died.

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Posted: 09 Oct 2010, 03:37
by Anjel
I'm pretty sure Worm was limited on OWN. He only did it for the money and I think Flo and the other guys that where in at the moment didn't want him to do the NSV vocals, while Worm wanted to.