Page 1 of 1

Devin Townsend News

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 09:22
by Mesarthim
DEVIN TOWNSEND Reveals Plans For Remainder Of The Year - Apr. 2, 2010



Canadian musician/producer Devin Townsend (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, STEVE VAI, LAMB OF GOD, DARKEST HOUR, GWAR) has just completed an extremely successful Australian headlining trek. This was his first trip Down Under in a number of years and the first in support of "Addicted", the second in a series of albums from Townsend to be made available under THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT moniker.



Townsend has issued the following report in regards to the success of the tour and his plans for the remainder of the year:



"Hey guys, so we just back from Australia and New Zealand. Great run!



"Thanks so much to all the folks who came out and supported THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT in this early stage.



"We played two hours of music each night and as such, have learnt about 1/10th of the catalog (eek!).



"Getting those tunes in front of an audience was a dream come true and we had a great time playing and talking to you all.



"We are busy getting ready for Europe now, the festivals as well as select club dates. Currently working on the whole 'Ziltoid' album for our headlining slot at the Tuska festival in Finland where we are going to do the entire 'Ziltoid' album for the first time ever, complete with a really awesome performance! Currently plotting, scheming and organizing, as well as traumatizing those who work with me.



"These shows will be filmed and recorded and it teaches us yet another chunk of the process. The goal is to know the whole catalog and be able to pick and choose material for certain atmospheres. That will coincide with a real 'experience' that will eventually include visuals, choirs, orchestras etc.



"I will be doing a five- or six-week headlining run in America and Canada in October, so we will have all the key points of the catalog learned, and I can't wait to play for you again! ...this time more than 30 minutes!



"I have been recording [the next two THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT albums] 'Deconstruction' and 'Ghost' in my spare time, and I have to say things just keep getting deeper. I have a feeling that my proudest creative moments are yet to come, and my focus right now is really great. I think there's something about the perspective gained from the few years off that has gone a long way. Relearning what my motivations were as an artist really came from having some clear headed time to reflect. I'm so ready, and love what I do.



"Thank you for still being here (those of you who are!)



"Since Australia, I converted a beat-up old shed into a playhouse for the kid.



"I would say that construction and manual hobbies are my favorite non-musical activities. I really love it; it's a lot like producing if you look at it from a certain angle. Plus it's exercise that allows me to obsess about something other than my weird-ass music during the day.



"That being said, I've been writing late into the nights, and although 'Deconstruction' will confuse and possibly annoy some (many?), I believe it's a real triumph for me. Yes, it's 'heavy', but in the same way that [STRAPPING YOUNG LAD's] 'Alien' was indicative of my thoughts at that age, 'Deconstruction' is a mirror of my now. Dare I say 'mature?' ...nah. But it's pretty over the edge. Again, it will surprise quite a few foliks that expect my current vision of 'heavy' to be like me in my mid-20s or early 30s. 'Deconstruction' sounds like someone's angry dad.



"'You kids bin whakkin in mah tool shed?'



Image



"Be free, strive to be happy, and don't take shit!”

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 09:39
by Bathsalt Zombie
Hopefully he comes back to Florida, I would love to see a full hour set of his.

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 11:27
by FUKKET
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

WHEN WAS HE HERE??

HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS IT?!?!?!?!?

:waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa:





:huh: :tear:

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 19:39
by Mesarthim
[quote name="FUKKET"]WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

WHEN WAS HE HERE??

HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS IT?!?!?!?!?

:waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa:





:huh: :tear:[/quote]





how did you not know?

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 04 Apr 2010, 02:18
by rhino
addicted is righteous, i cant wait for deconstruvtion, but i guess we will have to for another year

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 04 Apr 2010, 05:44
by FUKKET
[quote name="Lumbergh"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

WHEN WAS HE HERE??

HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS IT?!?!?!?!?

:waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa:





:huh: :tear:[/quote]





how did you not know?[/quote]



probably a few reasons.

had some family shit go down which left me out of things.

went on holiday to another part of Oz.

haven't been gigging much and that makes me not pick up the street-press mags that have gig shits in them.

I need to start grabbing them on my way to work to see who's coming out.

:frown:

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 09 Oct 2010, 03:06
by Sonny
When is this 3rd album coming out and who are the musicians? Is Tomas Haake going to do the drums or was that a cruel internet rumour?

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 09 Oct 2010, 05:49
by FUKKET
[quote name="sonny roland rollacks cunt :tear:"] Is Tomas Haake going to do the drums or was that a cruel internet rumour?[/quote]



oh, that makes me cum!

Re: Devin Townsend News

Posted: 09 Oct 2010, 10:04
by Bathsalt Zombie
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="sonny roland rollacks cunt :tear:"] Is Tomas Haake going to do the drums or was that a cruel internet rumour?[/quote]



oh, that makes me cum![/quote]