2:29 - 3:00
Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
[youtube]gDTIkhVoEEE[/youtube]
2:29 - 3:00

2:29 - 3:00
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
In MA I'd pick
The solo at the end of Ageless, Still I Am, gets me wet every time.
The solo at the end of Ageless, Still I Am, gets me wet every time.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
Probably the second solo in God Of The Forsaken. That or the Behold Judas solo.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
last solo in:
[youtube]ERczjcPT88E[/youtube]

and last solo in God of the Forsaken and Tombeau indeed!!!
[youtube]ERczjcPT88E[/youtube]
and last solo in God of the Forsaken and Tombeau indeed!!!
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
That last Alas tune indeed kicks ass, I figured out most of the acoustic parts once but it was incredibly uncomfortable to play. 
With MA, God of the Forsaken is a great one, Hatework also.
With HE, the last "Servants of the Gods" solo and the one in "Beyond Redemption" wins hard. In fact I think the whole KoaK album has his best solos.
The title track in I, Monarch has a pretty cool and haunting solo.
With MA, God of the Forsaken is a great one, Hatework also.
With HE, the last "Servants of the Gods" solo and the one in "Beyond Redemption" wins hard. In fact I think the whole KoaK album has his best solos.
The title track in I, Monarch has a pretty cool and haunting solo.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
[quote name="Lavabug"]With MA, God of the Forsaken is a great one, Hatework also.[/quote]
Hatework has some awesome solo work
Hatework has some awesome solo work
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- neckred
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3659
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
- Location: King George
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
I want to participate but I need to decide which I like best. They are all pretty 
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Sonny
- Mature Neophyte
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 02:29
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
@ 2:20
[youtube]s_z-P9pMGO0[/youtube]
[youtube]s_z-P9pMGO0[/youtube]
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
[quote name="desolation"]I want to participate but I need to decide which I like best. They are all pretty
[/quote]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well 
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
[quote name="Mutilator"]His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well
[/quote]
that's treys solo
that's treys solo
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
[quote name="zimberly"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well
[/quote]
that's treys solo[/quote]
I Was afraid I was wrong in that, sorry
[quote name="Mutilator"]His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well
that's treys solo[/quote]
I Was afraid I was wrong in that, sorry
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious it was Trey's. While we're on the subject, isn't it interesting how distinct Erik and Trey sounded in MA? Their styles are worlds apart and you can instantly recognize who's who in the song, amazing how the huge differences in style fit so well in the same song. I honestly can't think of another metal band -old or new- with a pair of brilliant soloists where they''re this easy to tell apart.
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
[quote name="Skintoxication"]megadeth during the marty years
[/quote]
I thought of that, but I had to pick out the solos 1 for 1 I'd probably make several mistakes, whereas I'm sure I wouldn't with FFtF or Gateways.
I thought of that, but I had to pick out the solos 1 for 1 I'd probably make several mistakes, whereas I'm sure I wouldn't with FFtF or Gateways.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?
[quote name="Lavabug"]Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious it was Trey's. While we're on the subject, isn't it interesting how distinct Erik and Trey sounded in MA? Their styles are worlds apart and you can instantly recognize who's who in the song, amazing how the huge differences in style fit so well in the same song. I honestly can't think of another metal band -old or new- with a pair of brilliant soloists where they''re this easy to tell apart.[/quote]
Can you then give a clear (detailed) distinctive descriptions about the main specifics of each lead player that makes them easy to tell apart?
BTW Death when on Leprosy : Rick Rozz vs Chuck
Can you then give a clear (detailed) distinctive descriptions about the main specifics of each lead player that makes them easy to tell apart?
BTW Death when on Leprosy : Rick Rozz vs Chuck



