Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[youtube]gDTIkhVoEEE[/youtube]



2:29 - 3:00



:greenie:
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by zim »

In MA I'd pick



The solo at the end of Ageless, Still I Am, gets me wet every time.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Anjel »

Probably the second solo in God Of The Forsaken. That or the Behold Judas solo.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by vO)))id »

last solo in:



[youtube]ERczjcPT88E[/youtube]



:idea:



and last solo in God of the Forsaken and Tombeau indeed!!! :xx:
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Lavabug »

That last Alas tune indeed kicks ass, I figured out most of the acoustic parts once but it was incredibly uncomfortable to play. :huh:



With MA, God of the Forsaken is a great one, Hatework also.



With HE, the last "Servants of the Gods" solo and the one in "Beyond Redemption" wins hard. In fact I think the whole KoaK album has his best solos.



The title track in I, Monarch has a pretty cool and haunting solo.
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by zim »

[quote name="Lavabug"]With MA, God of the Forsaken is a great one, Hatework also.[/quote]



Hatework has some awesome solo work :xx:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by neckred »

leeds!
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Abzu »

I want to participate but I need to decide which I like best. They are all pretty :xx:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Sonny
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 02:29

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Sonny »

@ 2:20

[youtube]s_z-P9pMGO0[/youtube]
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="desolation"]I want to participate but I need to decide which I like best. They are all pretty :xx:[/quote]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Mutilator »

His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well :xx:
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by zim »

[quote name="Mutilator"]His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well :xx:[/quote]



that's treys solo
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="zimberly"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well :xx:[/quote]



that's treys solo[/quote]



I Was afraid I was wrong in that, sorry :oldryan:
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Lavabug »

Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious it was Trey's. While we're on the subject, isn't it interesting how distinct Erik and Trey sounded in MA? Their styles are worlds apart and you can instantly recognize who's who in the song, amazing how the huge differences in style fit so well in the same song. I honestly can't think of another metal band -old or new- with a pair of brilliant soloists where they''re this easy to tell apart.
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]megadeth during the marty years :santa:[/quote]

I thought of that, but I had to pick out the solos 1 for 1 I'd probably make several mistakes, whereas I'm sure I wouldn't with FFtF or Gateways.
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Lavabug"]Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious it was Trey's. While we're on the subject, isn't it interesting how distinct Erik and Trey sounded in MA? Their styles are worlds apart and you can instantly recognize who's who in the song, amazing how the huge differences in style fit so well in the same song. I honestly can't think of another metal band -old or new- with a pair of brilliant soloists where they''re this easy to tell apart.[/quote]



Can you then give a clear (detailed) distinctive descriptions about the main specifics of each lead player that makes them easy to tell apart?



BTW Death when on Leprosy : Rick Rozz vs Chuck :redneck:
Post Reply