Page 1 of 1

Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 20:55
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[youtube]gDTIkhVoEEE[/youtube]



2:29 - 3:00



:greenie:

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:50
by zim
In MA I'd pick



The solo at the end of Ageless, Still I Am, gets me wet every time.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 16 Jun 2010, 03:33
by Anjel
Probably the second solo in God Of The Forsaken. That or the Behold Judas solo.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 16 Jun 2010, 04:13
by vO)))id
last solo in:



[youtube]ERczjcPT88E[/youtube]



:idea:



and last solo in God of the Forsaken and Tombeau indeed!!! :xx:

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 16 Jun 2010, 15:52
by Lavabug
That last Alas tune indeed kicks ass, I figured out most of the acoustic parts once but it was incredibly uncomfortable to play. :huh:



With MA, God of the Forsaken is a great one, Hatework also.



With HE, the last "Servants of the Gods" solo and the one in "Beyond Redemption" wins hard. In fact I think the whole KoaK album has his best solos.



The title track in I, Monarch has a pretty cool and haunting solo.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 16 Jun 2010, 23:12
by zim
[quote name="Lavabug"]With MA, God of the Forsaken is a great one, Hatework also.[/quote]



Hatework has some awesome solo work :xx:

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 09:20
by neckred
leeds!

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 10:07
by Abzu
I want to participate but I need to decide which I like best. They are all pretty :xx:

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 09 Oct 2010, 02:28
by Sonny
@ 2:20

[youtube]s_z-P9pMGO0[/youtube]

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 09 Oct 2010, 15:41
by TamPron
[quote name="desolation"]I want to participate but I need to decide which I like best. They are all pretty :xx:[/quote]

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 07:52
by Mutilator
His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well :xx:

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 22 Oct 2010, 09:02
by zim
[quote name="Mutilator"]His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well :xx:[/quote]



that's treys solo

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 00:54
by Mutilator
[quote name="zimberly"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]His ending solo in Secured limitations is neat as well :xx:[/quote]



that's treys solo[/quote]



I Was afraid I was wrong in that, sorry :oldryan:

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 04:57
by Lavabug
Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious it was Trey's. While we're on the subject, isn't it interesting how distinct Erik and Trey sounded in MA? Their styles are worlds apart and you can instantly recognize who's who in the song, amazing how the huge differences in style fit so well in the same song. I honestly can't think of another metal band -old or new- with a pair of brilliant soloists where they''re this easy to tell apart.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 05:07
by Lavabug
[quote name="Skintoxication"]megadeth during the marty years :santa:[/quote]

I thought of that, but I had to pick out the solos 1 for 1 I'd probably make several mistakes, whereas I'm sure I wouldn't with FFtF or Gateways.

Re: Erik Rutan - Favourite solos?

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 05:30
by Mutilator
[quote name="Lavabug"]Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious it was Trey's. While we're on the subject, isn't it interesting how distinct Erik and Trey sounded in MA? Their styles are worlds apart and you can instantly recognize who's who in the song, amazing how the huge differences in style fit so well in the same song. I honestly can't think of another metal band -old or new- with a pair of brilliant soloists where they''re this easy to tell apart.[/quote]



Can you then give a clear (detailed) distinctive descriptions about the main specifics of each lead player that makes them easy to tell apart?



BTW Death when on Leprosy : Rick Rozz vs Chuck :redneck: