Page 1 of 1
ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 03:33
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Okay lets POLL
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 03:42
by Mr. P
ZKC by many miles!
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 04:37
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
what is this about?
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 04:46
by Meat Engine
This poll is about Behemoth. Get with the program.

Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 06:06
by Anjel
Demigod. ZKC is a great album as well.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 07:15
by Bathsalt Zombie
zkc

Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 11:44
by TamPron
[quote name="Aaron"]zkc

[/quote]
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 12:12
by shadowalk
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="Aaron"]zkc

[/quote][/quote]
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 16:06
by rhino
[quote name="Pentelesh"]ZKC by many miles![/quote]
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 16:19
by djonni greazo
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="Pentelesh"]ZKC by many miles![/quote][/quote]
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 19:01
by Devy
Now this is interesting. My interest in Behemoth is pretty minimal, but I thought Demigod was a good album. I may have to investigate Zos Kia Cultus if it's as good as you bitches are implying.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 19:04
by Hugo.
ZKC has way too many iconic tracks to be outshone by demigod.
Heavier production would be nice, but oh well.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 19:06
by Devy
It finished downloading as I was typing this very message. I shall listen to it a bit later and see what all the fuss is about.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 19:09
by Meat Engine
The guest solo on "Xul" makes my pants region turgid with excitement.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 19:25
by Devy
I actually found that solo to be the weakest part of the song
Yeah, it fits in quite well, but after everything that's come before it and the promise of a KARL SANDERS(!!!!) guest solo, I was left saying ".....Oh."
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 19:37
by Loki
I went with Demigod for fun
It's been many moons since I've listened to Behemoth, but I enjoyed both of these albums a great deal.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 20:12
by Meat Engine
[quote name="Devy"]I actually found that solo to be the weakest part of the song
Yeah, it fits in quite well, but after everything that's come before it and the promise of a KARL SANDERS(!!!!) guest solo, I was left saying ".....Oh."[/quote]
I felt exactly the same way with Erik Rutan's guest solo on "Unnatural" from Evisceration Plague. "This is it?!"
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 17:33
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Zos Kia Cultus is total Morbid Angel-7-string-worship

Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 17:38
by vO)))id
Demigod for me.. its my fave Behemoth album.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 17:39
by vO)))id
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]
[quote name="Devy"]I actually found that solo to be the weakest part of the song
Yeah, it fits in quite well, but after everything that's come before it and the promise of a KARL SANDERS(!!!!) guest solo, I was left saying ".....Oh."[/quote]
I felt exactly the same way with Erik Rutan's guest solo on "Unnatural" from Evisceration Plague. "This is it?!"[/quote]
Nothing beats his guest solo on Morbid Angel's "God of our own Divinity"... that's no solo! it's just some random wankery that sounds like crap!
His solo on Xul is much better!
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 19:52
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]
[quote name="Devy"]I actually found that solo to be the weakest part of the song
Yeah, it fits in quite well, but after everything that's come before it and the promise of a KARL SANDERS(!!!!) guest solo, I was left saying ".....Oh."[/quote]
I felt exactly the same way with Erik Rutan's guest solo on "Unnatural" from Evisceration Plague. "This is it?!"[/quote]
Nothing beats his guest solo on Morbid Angel's "God of our own Divinity"... that's no solo! it's just some random wankery that sounds like crap!
His solo on Xul is much better![/quote]
Haha, I totally agree. And then you gotta love Trey's liner notes in the booklett "Lava riff master THOTH summoner hug to Karl Sanders for contributing the 9th solo to complete the sacred circle"
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 00:43
by Hugo.
No sympathy for fools and as above so below are lots of fun.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 02:56
by vO)))id
[quote name="Maze"]
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]
[quote name="Devy"]I actually found that solo to be the weakest part of the song
Yeah, it fits in quite well, but after everything that's come before it and the promise of a KARL SANDERS(!!!!) guest solo, I was left saying ".....Oh."[/quote]
I felt exactly the same way with Erik Rutan's guest solo on "Unnatural" from Evisceration Plague. "This is it?!"[/quote]
Nothing beats his guest solo on Morbid Angel's "God of our own Divinity"... that's no solo! it's just some random wankery that sounds like crap!
His solo on Xul is much better![/quote]
Haha, I totally agree. And then you gotta love Trey's liner notes in the booklett "Lava riff master THOTH summoner hug to Karl Sanders for contributing the 9th solo to complete the sacred circle"[/quote]
indeed! fucking weird
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 07:35
by Hugo.
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]No sympathy for fools and as above so below are lots of fun.[/quote]
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 08:52
by Haunty
[quote name="The Fu Monster"]The guest solo on "Xul" makes my pants region turgid with excitement.[/quote]
Me too. In fact, that song is really the only one on Demigod I repeatedly go back to. I've never liked Karl Sanders for his 4nps wankery. He does best with climactic shit like on To Dream of Ur. I think they also zazzed that solo up with the little harmony part.
Either way, that solo is certainly more memorable than any Nergal recorded for that album.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 08:59
by Loki
Towards Babylon became my favorite song after a few listens. It was the energy that grabbed me.
But on the topic of memorable solos that outperform KS: Towards Babylon, Conquer All, Slaves Shall Serve and Sculpting the Throne Ov Seth come to mind immediately.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 09:20
by Haunty
Anyway, Typhonian Soul Zodiac>>>>>>>Demigod as a whole
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 03:55
by xpocalypse
[quote name="Maze"]Zos Kia Cultus is total Morbid Angel-7-string-worship

[/quote]
yes, very well made though
Behemoth was heavily influenced by GTA in the Zos Kia period, still they managed to compose something interesting out of that
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 04:18
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="xpocalypse"]
[quote name="Maze"]Zos Kia Cultus is total Morbid Angel-7-string-worship

[/quote]
yes, very well made though
Behemoth was heavily influenced by GTA in the Zos Kia period, still they managed to compose something interesting out of that[/quote]
Of course. They're doing their own thing out of it wich turns out very well.
Re: ZOS KIA CULTUS vs DEMIGOD
Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 04:41
by Anjel
Behemoth is pretty kickass. I hate that some people consider them sellouts after they started to incorporate more death metal into their music.