Page 1 of 1
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 00:56
by captainshanks
Probably one of the best indie bands doing the rounds at the moment I love how they mix garage, shoegaze and stoner rock with country and blues. And the singer sounds like roger plant after having smoked 3 million malbros amazing band.
Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 02:47
by Loki
I'm giving their self titled a spin now. It's good, your description seems odd based on what I'm hearing, but it's good. I doubt this is something that will make regular rotations with me, though.
However I'm not prepared to judge them that harshly based on track #3 of the first album I've put on.

Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 03:41
by Loki
Howl is getting higher marks from me than their self titled.
Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 04:49
by Loki
One more thing: I can't see the Plant thing, but on more than a couple of these songs he sounds like he's channeling Marc Bolan.
Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 05:20
by captainshanks
I thought bolan or plant as well to be fair and i love howl great record was done because their then drummer was in rehab.
Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 09:25
by shadowalk
What's with this "indie" thing going around these days anyway?
Anyway, I remember hearing this song some years back I believe
[youtube]7EJdpuxTysU[/youtube]
Needless to say...nothing really special.
Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 09:41
by Loki
Music moves in phases, etc.
Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 09:42
by Freehill
I saw BRMC when they came through town. They put on a hell of a show.
[youtube]2ICjSar_KGM[/youtube]
Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Posted: 20 Jul 2010, 15:56
by captainshanks
I love the song rifles off the first album its like a dark madchester/shoegaze song
<!-- m -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4misd35BPFQ<!-- m -->