Page 1 of 1

this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 05:56
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[youtube]daqaIRS_rZg[/youtube]

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 06:03
by Verbal
catacombs carpools with the win

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 06:09
by Anjel
:xx:

I honestly like Dallas's old vocal style more than the new one.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 06:10
by Verbal
dallas didnt materialise til later

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 07:46
by Meat Engine
I wish Karl would write hisself more vocals. He's a nice change of pace in the song.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 10:01
by TamPron
[quote name="Verbal"]dallas didnt materialise til later[/quote]

he does vocals in this here video

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 10:21
by zim
Karl vocals at 5:00 are awesome here, at 5:11 he does a fucking evil scream, I wish there was more of that.

[youtube]e49RIyzzJn0[/youtube]

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:26
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Dallas vocals on the new album is phenomenal I think. Karl is a great vocalist as well. I love that screaming kind of vocals he's doing.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:30
by Haunty
I wonder how they got away with filming it. Karl is notoriously a fuckin' nazi about people filming concerts. :huh:





But yeah, that scream you pointed out is :xx: and there needs to be more of it.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:32
by zim
[quote name="hbw"]I wonder how they got away with filming it. Karl is notoriously a fuckin' nazi about people filming concerts. :huh:





But yeah, that scream you pointed out is :xx: and there needs to be more of it.[/quote]



I managed to record 2 and a half, maybe 3 and a half songs from their set. Been thinking about posting them :interessant:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:34
by Haunty
I guess it must have finally dawned on him that bootlegs are absolutely unavoidable in this day and age, and finally relaxed his fucking sphincter. There was a good span of time where they'd have security confiscate your phone, camera, etc if they saw you filming it. :shakefist:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 26 Jul 2010, 15:56
by vO)))id
[quote name="zimberly"]Karl vocals at 5:00 are awesome here, at 5:11 he does a fucking evil scream, I wish there was more of that.

[youtube]e49RIyzzJn0[/youtube][/quote]



that performance is so awesome :xx:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 26 Jul 2010, 19:39
by Devy
The only reason to be against live recordings is if you're shit live. Nile don't have that problem and to my knowledge never have, so surely it would only be good publicity for people to see how good they are live. If I hear a band that's good live, I'll likely check out their album as there'd probably be a lot they couldn't get across live.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 26 Jul 2010, 19:46
by Verbal
the line was that they dont want shitty quality recordings of their material

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 02:56
by zim
:tear:









:necro:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 14:42
by vO)))id
[youtube]RMmdBgJshpY[/youtube]



this one! :xx: that chorus riff always gives me chills, together with the rhythm :thingy:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 16:53
by Hugo.
Some of the best quality bootleg vids ive seen.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 21:24
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Awesome performance. They're so tight and heavy.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 22:06
by Verbal
i just listened to twtgd. i dont like it. part of this may be that im finding myself less interested in metal in general, but i also just prefer the earlier sound they had. first 3 > latest 3

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 01:26
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="Verbal"] i also just prefer the earlier sound they had. first 3 > latest 3[/quote]



I agree. But I actually like the new one, I really like Kafir.



Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka is definatly THE Nile album in my opinion.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 01:39
by Anjel
I agree except that Annihilation of the wicked > in their darkened shrines.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 01:59
by Verbal
i prefer shrines. annihilation is comfortably the best of the llatest thrree though imo. first four > latest two :redneck:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 17:12
by Hugo.
I would love to hear the production of catacombs on some of their newer work. TWTGD is awesome so fuck all yall.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 21:07
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Shrines is great but it lacks a little bit production-wise. The guitars are too muddy.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 21:13
by Mesarthim
karls needs to lay off the kfc.



I mean, I know he's always been big....but now he's even bigger!

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 22:06
by zim
i thought he had lost weight when i saw them earlier this year :huh:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 22:33
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
He's fucking huge. `The guitar looks like a violin on him.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 28 Jul 2010, 23:53
by Verbal
I thought I heard or saw something about him having lost weight.



I listened to ITDS today for the first time in maybe two years (apart from the occasional KAB). Good, good album.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 09:43
by Haunty
Seriously. His arms are bigger than my legs.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 13:37
by Uni777
[quote name="Void"][youtube]RMmdBgJshpY[/youtube]



this one! :xx: that chorus riff always gives me chills, together with the rhythm :thingy:[/quote]

I was there. They played well but were so boring on stage. Also i could do without the "Brothers of metal" speaches.. Let manowar do that. I've seen them with Hamura on drums and chief Spires on vox, then with Jon Vessano. This lineup may be the tightest but the most boring stage presence wise.

The last album is among their best though.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 15:29
by vO)))id
That's right uni, I've seen them 3 times with Jon and he was always full of energy. Not the tightest performances but who cares? the energy was great and he was a beast on stage.



I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches :frown:



and btw, ITDS > AOTW imo, BSOV is still my fave.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 15:32
by Verbal
[quote name="Void"]I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches :frown:[/quote]



ive never seen nile, but i would also :oldryan: at these.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 16:46
by vO)))id
still... this one fucking KILLS

[youtube]emkvXjcAXb0[/youtube]

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 17:02
by Hugo.
The outro of permitting is as punishing a riff as Nile have ever produced. There, i said it.



In fact from Dallas's pinch harmonics onwards, it's unremitting victory.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 17:03
by Anjel
[quote name="Void"]I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches :frown:

BSOV is still my fave.[/quote]



Indeed. And BSOV is my favorite one too.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 17:11
by Haunty
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]The outro of permitting is as punishing a riff as Nile have ever produced. There, i said it.



In fact from Dallas's pinch harmonics onwards, it's unremitting victory.[/quote]



I agree with you front to back on this issue. Also that I hate the brothers speeches. Also that BSoV is the best. Also that Dallas has little or no stage presence in these videos.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 17:35
by Hugo.
Fuck stage presence, give me stage presents any day of the week.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 23:02
by Uni777
[quote name="Void"]That's right uni, I've seen them 3 times with Jon and he was always full of energy. Not the tightest performances but who cares? the energy was great and he was a beast on stage.



I also hate "brothers of metal" speeches :frown:



and btw, ITDS > AOTW imo, BSOV is still my fave.[/quote]

I think my faves are Catacombs, Shrines and the new one. AOTW and I didn't do it for me.

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 23:07
by Verbal
greazo will call you a retard for saying that :god:

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 23:57
by Devy
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Fuck stage presence, give me stage presents any day of the week.[/quote]



I prefer stage pretence

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 00:01
by Verbal
[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Fuck stage presence, give me stage presents any day of the week.[/quote]



I prefer stage pretence[/quote]



both are of great impotence

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 01:28
by djonni greazo
[quote name="Verbal"]greazo will call you a retard for saying that :god:[/quote]

you're a retard for saying that

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 01:31
by Verbal
i love you

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 02:15
by djonni greazo
[quote name="Verbal"]i love you[/quote]



and i humbly regret any ill feeling between us

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 02:17
by Verbal
cogito ergo sum, we have no problem than

Re: this is :xx:

Posted: 01 Aug 2010, 13:45
by Lieutenant Ripley
[quote name="Maze"][youtube]daqaIRS_rZg[/youtube][/quote]

i like this :bang: