Page 1 of 1
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 03:46
by TamPron
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 03:48
by Devy
[quote name="TAM TAM"]

[/quote]
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 04:24
by droidspawn
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 05:53
by Anjel
Bass.
Pick or fingers?
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 07:39
by supa tuna
i keep pronouncing the name as hunter vinsted. haha.
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 15:29
by Anjel
[quote name="HunterWinstead"]FINGERS. I can't play anything with a pick, im slower and sloppier when I try using one.[/quote]
Me too.
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 16:21
by Grudge
[quote name="HunterWinstead"]Hey I was wondering if there are any fruital Death fans on here.[/quote]
fruital death metal is so yesterday
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 29 Jul 2010, 17:14
by Haunty
[quote name="CunterInstead"]Hey I was wondering if there are any fruital Death fans on here. I play bass in a fruital death metal band called Visceral Throne.[/quote]
I have edited your name according to the fact that I am already lord and master of the H and his mighty sidekick W.
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 17:58
by Hugo.
[quote name="IRONMAN"]
[quote name="HunterWinstead"]Hey I was wondering if there are any fruital Death fans on here.[/quote]
fruital death metal is so yesterday[/quote]
Yeah, it's all aboo watered-dowd necrophaggotry these days.
*solo*
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 21:02
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
fruital Death Metal? Whats that? What Death metal ISN'T fruital? If it isn't fruital, then it's not death metal.
Stupid grenre, "Evil Black Metal " would be just as stupid.
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 21:03
by Verbal
christian bm ftw
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 23:29
by zim
my gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd is an awwwwwwwwwwesom gawwwwwwwwd
uuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 23:59
by shadowalk
[quote name="Skintoxication"]not bad, duder. nothing i havent heard before, but i can dig what you guys are selling.[/quote]
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 31 Jul 2010, 04:25
by supa tuna
[quote name="zimberly"]my gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd is an awwwwwwwwwwesom gawwwwwwwwd
uuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[/quote]

Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 31 Jul 2010, 15:20
by Cybermetatron
[quote name="Maze"]If it isn't fruital, then it's not death metal.[/quote]
Exactly what I would have said !!
fruital death metal means uninspired death metal nowadays...

Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 31 Jul 2010, 15:23
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Maze"]fruital Death Metal? Whats that? What Death metal ISN'T fruital? If it isn't fruital, then it's not death metal.
Stupid grenre, "Evil Black Metal " would be just as stupid.[/quote]
BDM refers to a particular flavor of death metal, all of it following from the style suffocation established. focus on percussion, subtract clarity and quality, add gurgle and excessive abuse of slam phrases, job done. fruital is shorthand for this style; not all DM is fruital. the term is useless if you apply it that broadly. think disgorge. if you also want to vomit after that, the impulse is entirely forgivable.
it's useless anyway, if you want to describe something precisely, but it's at least a useful term when applied in the context i've laid out. it tells you 'this is death metal that is probably not worth listening to.'
apologies to the OP; i understand your motives are probably pure, but fruital DM is just generally worthless.
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 01 Aug 2010, 01:31
by Meat Engine
Gorefest is no longer fruital, but they're more awesome than most. Heavy > fruital

Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 01 Aug 2010, 02:28
by Shredlord
Where does Morbid Angel fit in the continuum? They certainly have their fruital elements, yet there is plenty of melody, but not to the point of calling them "melodic death metal."
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 01 Aug 2010, 02:53
by Anjel
I think Morbid Angel was crucial for the development of "fruital Death Metal", they inspired Suffocation (I mean, just look at their name, Frank Mullen even said in an interview he took the name from the MA song). And wasn't MA one of the first "blasty" bands (on Altars), since death metal was more like early Death and Possessed before Altars.
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 01 Aug 2010, 03:02
by shadowalk
I classify Obituary and Disavowed as death metal and that's it.
Re: fruital Death Metal
Posted: 01 Aug 2010, 05:01
by zim
[quote name="Shredlord"]Where does Morbid Angel fit in the continuum? They certainly have their fruital elements, yet there is plenty of melody, but not to the point of calling them "melodic death metal."[/quote]
In that one Guitar World interview Trey describes MA as "Extreme Death Metal"